Jim Goodwin Liability

It's time the club came out and backed the man and put pressure on this witch hunt

The man looked distraught coming off the pitch

Must be galling when you have committed only 2 fouls the whole game and they weren't serious and your off

Meanwhile McGinn and Lasley(Yet again) having a ding dong the whole game and no cards

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Perhaps we'd be happier if Jim Goodwin was as cute as Keith Lasley, making the most of any contact, time wasting, etc.

He doesn't have to be cute, but he could be more sensible. He know he's a marked man, yet he keeps on giving referees the opportunity to card him. For the sending off against Hibs, okay there was no contact, but why did he jump into a challenge like that in the opposition half?

We can put pressure on referees through the media, but will that have much effect? The only solutions I can see are Jim himself being a bit more controlled on the park and TC taking him off if it looks like he might be sent off.

Just watched Jordan McGhee of Hearts, clean out a blue bigot player from a sliding tackle from behind.

McGhee slid in at high speed from about six feet away, right through the back and sent the player a couple of feet into the air.

Obviously he was booked for this...............

Oh wait, actually he wasn't.........................

A gentle talking to seemed to be his "punishment".dry.png

All we're asking for is a bit of consistency...................

Edited to add - McGhee just booked there for another tackle.

Edited by FTOF

Actually thought he was entitled to slide, the Sevco player ran across him to block his attempt to get to the ball.

It wasn't from behind, he was sliding toward the ball when someone ran across his line.

Good decision.

Edited by davidg

feel this needs a thread of its own

Jim Goodwin yet again let everyone at the club down with his headless chicken tackles and back chat.

ok folk saying he had 2 fouls etc and lasley had more not every foul merits a yellow but goodwins first tackle did and the second tackle could easily have been sent off.

He done it far to many times now booked early and youd be aswell just play with ten men cause thats all he offers is his tackling his passing is poor and general play poor and this guy is coaching our players.

Really feel he should just stay on the touchline he offers fek all on the pitch

when you compare him to teale hes the model pro goodwin isnt even a good footballer.

any one who was at carlisle will again realise that hes got some sort of suarez style that he simply just cant get out his game. stupid tacles that could break guys legs

Would'nt agree with the 'Goodwin isnt even a good footballer' comment, However, I can and do understand your aneger that he has managed to be sent off on the first game of the Season. He is a good player- when he knuckles down into the game and screws the nut, but he has been booked, sent off and suspended for, mainly very similar things (hard tackles, argy bargy, lips to the refs etc) and it has to stop. because of this he will always be on the refs radar and needs to think about what he does and its effect, even more so that he has a shared coaching role.

I support him as I do the rest of the team but he needs to think about what he does and should do when playing.

Edited by Deekthebuddie

Apparently, SKY coverage shows a clear elbow by Goodwin on the back of Sutton's head/neck.

If that's the case, then I'm back in the "Goodwin is a f**king idiot" camp. <_<

If that's the case John Sutton deserves a medal, for total non reaction to being elbowed in the head/neck.

Apparently, SKY coverage shows a clear elbow by Goodwin on the back of Sutton's head/neck.

If that's the case, then I'm back in the "Goodwin is a f**king idiot" camp.

Been caught clearly on camera again, and again he has let the club and the supporters down.

I just watched the Alba highlights and you can clearly see Jim's left elbow going for Sutton's napper.

Three things though.

1) JS didn't make anything of it when it happened.

2) the linesman, who can be seen throughout, didn't raise his flag to indicate any infringement.

and

3) Lasley is seen asking Jim what he was being cautioned for intimating that the Motherwell players didn't see anything untoward.

It doesn't excuse Jim but it does seem to indicate that he iether didn't make contact, which is my take on it, or, the contact was so minimal that Sutton didn't feel the arm.

It's 1st game of the season n so many we're say at half time well need to take Jim off he's going to get a red and he did. He's getting older n slower his 1 st foul was a terrible and late challenge.

If he wasn't a st mirren player we'd all hate him n be calling him a thug also.

I will continue to support him everytime he puts on a saints shirt but being honest I wish that was his last.

He's A marked man and doesn't help himself by late dangerous tackles

His first foul wasn't as bad as a similar one John Sutton did about 10 minutes later.

Of course, no action (not even a warning) for Sutton.

Jim is unfortunately a marked man, and the officials don't seem to be inclined to treat him the same way they do other players.

Totally unnecessary use of his elbow, even if he got away with it he may have been punished retrospectively on tv evidence. Whether he makes contact or not is irrelevant. He has to be called to task by the club. Being distraught after getting sent off would indicate a worrying lack of insight from Goodwin which might explain why he doesn't seem to learn from experience. He can be outstanding on his day but he is costing us too much in terms of game plan on a regular basis. He is now also in a position of leadership which only heightens his level of responsibility. Not a good idea when he is continually putting himself in a position to be judged harshly. He is learning nothing therefore has nothing to teach unless he seeks help himself

I'm not a fan of THIS Jim Goodwin. The Goody who ended last season was brilliant though. Unfortunately he has this in him, it's not the first time and I don't think it will ever change.

I honestly couldn't care less if he hung up his boots and concentrated on coaching, if he's any good at it.

Edited by davidg

Seems to me that the guy is just a f**king idiot. No idea what he thought he would achieve by doing something so stupid. Not the most contact in the world so i just cant think what goes through his head.

Like TSU says, its the actions of a coward. We would be going mental if a Scott Brown or an Iain Black did that same.

Wasn't the worst challenge but when you're a so called "marked man" and on a yellow card that was f**king stupid.

I don't think it was an attempt to hurt or injure, just put Sutton off by using his forearm to push him as he was about to jump... but pushing the forearm into someone's neck when already on a yellow is indefensible and if that was the linesman's angle, the card was merited.

I give up trying to defend him if he has given up trying to learn and improve his game!!!