Palestine Flag - That Will Be A Fine Then

Isle Of Bute Saint

An Irish or English one would have been fine, not fined.

Eta: do you have a link for that, Big Yin?

I cannae find mention of any Fines - just warnings to St J and Shellic for flying it in Europeean games (which is appalling and stupid enough!)

Edited by bluto

Guest TPAFKATS

Double standards as always from UEFA. Palestine flag bad, any other flag no problem.

They claim not to want politics in football then tell all champions league matches to observe a minutes silence folowing Mandela's death. Hypocrisy?

I've also been able to find loads of links saying the teams have been sanctioned.

The original source for a fine being mentioned is the Record, quoting a "St Johnstone" spokesperson. There's nowt on either club's sites, nor the Beeb, nor Eufa.

I am not a fan of the tabloid. "I don't believe it!"

Edited by bluto

On the hills above West Belfast there were regular pro-IRA slogans which were in huge white letters which could be read from miles away. For over a couple of weeks recently, the slogan was 'Viva Palestine.' It was clearly visible from Windsor Park so I blame Linfield. Get on to them UEFA. By last Saturday it had been altered to 'Viva Ireland'. Don't know who to blame for that.

An Irish or English one would have been fine, not fined.

Eta: do you have a link for that, Big Yin?

I cannae find mention of any Fines - just warnings to St J and Shellic for flying it in Europeean games (which is appalling and stupid enough!)

Bluto I'm on my mobile it's in the Scotman