The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

I am afraid that tonight, the eighth day of November the year of twenty fourteen, this day, now as I type Mr Thomas Craig should be entering the chairman's office and muttering his intent to stand down as our manager with immediate effect

We need not only a change of management however, well not just of the first team playing squad anyway. The way that our club recruits playing staff has failed miserably and needs to be reviewed with immediate effect. Our beloved club is failing as a top team outfit and change needs to be brought in now. Without such wholesale change we will undoubtedly endure another January transfer window of nothing.

I deserve more for the good money that I paid for my beloved season ticket, I deserve an awful lot more and so does every other brave soul who is braving the cold weather to watch the dross that is being delivered to us in return for the money we paid.

My intention was to purchase a ticket for the Inverness game Scottish cup game. That will now not be happening as I am deriving no enjoyment whatsoever, in fact the football is a dreary tortious experience.

Edited by TediousTom

Have to agree there , Ball and Marwood are exceptional players who just need time to fit in to Tommy's style of play. Osborne justs needs a bit of a rest a few more weeks and he will be ready to go.

I reckon we will finish 7th smile.png

Totally agree Ian.

Once the Thomohawk is back I think things will pick up again.

With the board taking the cheap option again it will get us relegated!!!

I think it's time to say bye bye Tommy surely it will cost us more if we are relegated???

The club is up for sale and if we get relegated then the club is worth less??

Fed up hearing but we have injuries!were playing good football! Be patient!

Time the Board face facts Tommy Craig is not a football manager! stick with him we will be relegated the club will be worth less and harder to sell!

The fans are furious crowds are down and the general atmosphere around the club is shit!

All football clubs get injuries the football is not any better than when Danny Lennon was our manager and talk of being patient is insulting! It could take us 10 LONG YEARS to get back to the top flight if were relegated!

The only hope for St.Mirren is a new manager!

Add a new board too

He was appointed to take us in "a new direction" and he is certainly doing that!!!

Thing is... our pre-match warm up routine is EXACTLY the same as it has been for seasons... NOTHING has changed.

The players are stale and demotivated.

No tactics and no clue how to change it.

Post-match interview was a case of back to training as usual... ie... more of the same.

What will change when you keep doing the same things over and over?

Bye Tommy!

The problem is TC isnt new. He has been at the club for years now. He hasnt brought any new ideas or new tactics. He certainly hasnt brought renewed enthusiasm as its written over the players faces every week.

We have a squad that is good enough to avoid relegation, but we dont have the right manager to give them the belief that thats the case. If the board dont change things now we will be playing second tier football for years... again!

Tommy is a well respected coach in the game, though i'm afraid he hasn't showed any signs as a manager that he is a leader when it comes to selecting tactics and putting a team out on the park.

Its never nice for anyone to lose their job, though we cant keep using Thommohawks injury as the reason we are having such a shit season.

Thistle were very average today and with us being at home, we should have taken the opportunity to get points on the board.

Our boards intentions of selling up has made it clear that they wont be appointing anyone new soon.

I think the well respected coach line is being overplayed.

He's a tactical dinosaur, and there's a reason why he's not lasted in the big job or done anything of note apart from being number two to inexperienced managers.

It's incredible that Motherwell have reportedly had over 50 applications for their vacant role, yet we appoint Craig within 24 hours in the off season.

The board have f**ked us all over, we can't afford to sack him, and we certainly can't afford to replace any of the dross he's brought in to make this squad competitive.

People talking about us being fine when an ageing Thompson, injury prone Osbourne, and the walking liability of Jim Goodwin are back, need to have a look at themselves. We've put ourselves in this corner and this season we won't be getting out of it.

Edited by gc_SMFC

Tommy ain't going to walk. If you were on a 2 year contract (probably your very last) would you resign from your job? Its up to the BOD.

He may nonot walk but if supporters do, the Board have a big decision to make. There are other issues other than the manager, the strength if the squad and money to strengthen key positions. We missed out on Clarkson due to signing a grossly overweight and unfit striker and another untried from non league football. How Craig could not see our central defence problem is beyond me. I also feel Kello needs a spot on the bench as he was at fault (again) for the goal today.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/315500/reaction

Read this dross. As expected blaming injuries.

Note to Tommy - not fight, no desire, no ideas

Resign

Games up, we only had Thommo out at the start of the season so when we get all our players back will we suddenly score goals? Thistle's keeper could have spent the match next to me. He had nothing to do. We are on a kamakazi mission with SG piloting the plane. WTF is going on at our beloved club?

Games up, we only had Thommo out at the start of the season so when we get all our players back will we suddenly score goals? Thistle's keeper could have spent the match next to me. He had nothing to do. We are on a kamakazi mission with SG piloting the plane. WTF is going on at our beloved club?

Craig can't count. It is 1 point from 7 home games I believe. Ffs that is relegation.

Sadly Craig is utterly out of his depth. I know we had players out but this was an average Thistle side there for the taking. His subs made no sense at all given that in the second half the strikers were given no service. I sit in the main stand and Tommy just looked lost and quite simply devoid of motivation. Time is well and truly up in my opinion.

Are you on drugs? If not I think you need to be

That's it Craig has got to go enough is enough

Have to agree there , Ball and Marwood are exceptional players who just need time to fit in to Tommy's style of play. Osborne justs needs a bit of a rest a few more weeks and he will be ready to go.

I reckon we will finish 7th :)

We were extremely lucky for 3 seasons that Thommo was injury-free. To be fair to TC, he did see that we were overly-reliant on him and brought in Marwood, Ball and Caldwell. We really needed 1 of the 2 guys from down south to make an impact; unfortunately they are both looking more Lewis Guy than Billy McKay. No excuses though for not sorting out the defence.

Depressing times, but if the board persisted with Danny then they'll persist with Tommy. Difference is Tommy could no doubt walk out tonight with a tidy pension and no great need to get back into football. If we're bottom of the league at Christmas it wouldn't surprise me if he resigned.