The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Leaving the cups to one side (since we have crashed out of both this season!), and simply for interest, here's how TC stacks up to DL in terms of the league so far (obviously TC has only been in charge for 15 games so the comparison is inconclusive).

League

Manager Season Position Points Won Drawn Lost Goal Diff Win% Draw% Lose% Points Gap to 6th

DL 2010/2011 11th 33 8 9 21 -24 21.1% 23.7% 55.3% 16

DL 2011/2012 8th 43 9 16 13 -12 23.7% 42.1% 34.2% 7

DL 2012/2013* 11th 41 9 14 15 -13 23.7% 36.8% 39.5% 6

DL 2013/2014** 8th 39 10 9 19 -19 26.3% 23.7% 50.0% 14

TC 2014/2015*** 11th 8 2 2 11 -16 13.3% 13.3% 73.3% 13

* No Rangers

** No Rangers / Hearts deducted 15 points

*** No Rangers / No Hearts / No Hibs

TC's stats speak for themselves, but what is more interesting (possibly) is that it could be argued that this is weakest top tier in a generation.

Great, more stats. Can't get enough of them.

Great, more stats. Can't get enough of them.

If we're comparing stats' in regard to Danny v Tommy as a No1 at St Mirren, how about this one... Danny Lennon started his reign as St Mirren's No1 by meeting his new squad for the first time, and probably taking a week just to learn everyone's names..... Tommy Craig started his reign as St Mirren's No1 by already having been here for three years, knowing the place inside out, knowing the players strengths and weaknesses inside out, and, unlike any possible incoming outsider, started from a position of unbelievable inside knowledge of what was required.

He's still utterly shite though.

If we're comparing stats' in regard to Danny v Tommy as a No1 at St Mirren, how about this one... Danny Lennon started his reign as St Mirren's No1 by meeting his new squad for the first time, and probably taking a week just to learn everyone's names..... Tommy Craig started his reign as St Mirren's No1 by already having been here for three years, knowing the place inside out, knowing the players strengths and weaknesses inside out, and, unlike any possible incoming outsider, started from a position of unbelievable inside knowledge of what was required.

He's still utterly shite though.

His initial quotes were of someone who'd watched a DVD or two and spoke to a few mates about us. You watch him in the technical area and he's more apathetic than the rest of us. Starting with one up on Saturday was the last straw, totally inexcusable to throw Thommo in like that.

Just received a message to say there's a 'media frenzy' outside the ground just now. What that means is anyone's guess.

The frenzy involved one STV journalist, one cameraman and me. Think STV are running a piece on Tommy Craig in tonight's sports section, they called me this afternoon and asked if I would answer a couple of questions, so I did.

The frenzy involved one STV journalist, one cameraman and me. Think STV are running a piece on Tommy Craig in tonight's sports section, they called me this afternoon and asked if I would answer a couple of questions, so I did.

Div, the mere mention of your name gets me in a frenzy.

Is the transcript of your interview something along the lines of...

"Yes he should." - "I've no idea why it was two." - "Crowds are down, heck I missed the last two games."

They should have interviewed Oaky.

ETA or better still JJ.

Edited by Kendo