The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

My thinking was more along the lines of, if there's no one at the club today, manager or otherwise, he wouldn't be in to get the chop. If everyone's back tomorrow, he could get the call. But yeah, probably just wishful thinking. I'm going a bit mad.

Any day this week would do me fine :)

Another day, another 48 posts expressing utter befuddlement as to why the board of directors haven't managed to magic together a hefty five/six figure sum from absolutely nowhere to pay Tommy off.

We should have a sweepstake to see at what point fans start to realise their whingeing is a waste of time.

THE CLUB HAS NO MONEY TO SACK HIM. IF THEY DID WE'D HAVE SPENT THE MONEY ON A BIGGER PLAYING BUDGET.

You'd think was fairly simple to get your head around but apparently it's ME who is mental.

Right, back to my crayons.

no your not mental (this time) there is no cash to pay anybody off

Wee Chic hinted said that TC was likely to get the 9,10 , jack today. .

He certainly indicated that the board would make the decision today. Wee Chick obviously kens f**k aw'. .

Chick could well be correct, perhaps the BOD did make their decision today and after careful consideration they decided to keep him.

How bad does it need to get I wonder ...... a defeat on Saturday (very likely) and we are under massive pressure at home to Motherwell. Another loss there and we could find ourselves cut adrift. Maybe there is some master-plan here that I am missing wacko.png

There is surely a balance to be struck between 1000 people at 20 quid per home game not coming and the payoff? My maths say it makes sense to sack him financially. Kenny Shiels had a 3 month pay up in his two year deal...

That's true but none of us know exactly how much it would cost to remove him.

He's on a two year deal - it might be 6 figures.

That's quite a few home games of 1000 fewer fans.

I'd debate whether it's 1000 at £20 on average or £15 but your point isn't unreasonable.

I just think we might be underestimating the cost of severing the contract.

Surely the sensible thing to do is find the numbers out before demanding a sacking?

It's not as though we are Celtic or Man U. We can't just bleat like sheep without a thought or care for the money involved.

Not if we genuinely love the club.

How bad does it need to get I wonder ...... a defeat on Saturday (very likely) and we are under massive pressure at home to Motherwell. Another loss there and we could find ourselves cut adrift. Maybe there is some master-plan here that I am missing wacko.png

The master plan may be to accept that the gamble of using Tommy didn't work and that we'll be relegated.

If the board accept that then there's maybe no point throwing good money after bad.

It's still way too early for this TBH. There are two other teams in the mire and another about 8 points ahead.

This is all going to look pretty daft if we win the next three games.

Aye let's not bother with a manager at all. lol.gif

Erm... I imagine that the idea would be to avoid paying Tommy a lump-sum payoff (that you remind us we cannot afford), we would send him on gardening leave, while handing the managerial role to his assistants - Teale and Goodwin, with a role for Thommo perhaps.

Same wage outlay, the upside (hopefully) being that unlike Craig, a management trio of senior players can rouse us to a third-bottom finish.

It's worth a punt. Craig is surely taking us down. Pay him to stay the fcuk away. Give those three senior players the reins and it's not as if they aren't experienced, and they might just know stuff like not to play an unfit 36 year old talisman up front on his own in his third game of the week.

Cannot be any worse than the job Craig is doing.

The master plan may be to accept that the gamble of using Tommy didn't work and that we'll be relegated.

If the board accept that then there's maybe no point throwing good money after bad.

It's still way too early for this TBH. There are two other teams in the mire and another about 8 points ahead.

Belter.

But we haven't won 3 games all season, so it's really all a bit unlikely but not impossible. God this season has been rubbish.

We'll be lucky to win three more games all season with that dud in charge.

Edited by stlucifer

Erm... I imagine that the idea would be to avoid paying Tommy a lump-sum payoff (that you remind us we cannot afford), we would send him on gardening leave, while handing the managerial role to his assistants - Teale and Goodwin, with a role for Thommo perhaps.

Same wage outlay,

You reckon Teale and Goodwin will take over the reins with no increase in pay?

I think that's almost certainly not going to happen.

Think BOD accepting that relegation may be the result of their f*ck up could be a possibility although it's a mighty expensive mistake as likelyhood is we miss both Hearts and Sevco on the way down. But as for us winning the next three games ..... nice thought but more chance of the Pope bailing out Sevco !

But we haven't won 3 games all season, so it's really all a bit unlikely but not impossible. God this season has been rubbish.

Yeah and we've been here before several times over the last few years.

How many times have we been on 6 straight defeats and then turned in 4 wins and a draw in the following 6?

It's happened twice in the last two seasons at roughly this time of the year if I remember correctly.

I know this is a long shot but most folk saying he's a good coach and he does have decent contacts rather than sack him And pay for nothing why not make him director of football or the likes that way we still get to keep Newcastle . Man City potential loans I think this is another reason why they chose tommy and are unwilling to sack him as it must save us a few bob on plats getting players on loan

Yeah and we've been here before several times over the last few years.

How many times have we been on 6 straight defeats and then turned in 4 wins and a draw in the following 6?

It's happened twice in the last two seasons at roughly this time of the year if I remember correctly.

Do you really think what you've seen so far this season indicates such a turn in fortune?

Headsoft more like Oakie boy!

I know this is a long shot but most folk saying he's a good coach and he does have decent contacts rather than sack him And pay for nothing why not make him director of football or the likes that way we still get to keep Newcastle . Man City potential loans I think this is another reason why they chose tommy and are unwilling to sack him as it must save us a few bob on plats getting players on loan

Because that's not a cost neutral option I'm afraid.

DoF will attract a higher salary and we'll either need a new manager or pay someone like Teale more to step up.

Either way it's less money for players in January.