Thomas Reilly

I've been one of Reilly's biggest critics in the past but I thought he did well today. Yes, he underhit a few passes and lost possession but the wee man got stuck in and made a decent contribution. I saw enough today to suggest he deserves a bit more game time before we all consign him to the scrap heap.

One guy near the back left of W4 in the west stand obviously wouldn't agree, given that he took great glee in shouting pelters at him every time he touched the ball. He's a kid, cut him a bit of slack.

Thought Goodwin was immense today, wish I could say the same about Wylde...

Exactly folk moaning about Reilly. What about Wylde there is a wage theif. Guys living on a reputation as a rangers player he is so poor

Wylde looked as if he injured himself not long after coming on so wouldn't be surprised if he misses midweek but he was piss poor attacking bombscare Ambrose. Should have had the pace to have him on toast but shat it big time

Wylde looked as if he injured himself not long after coming on so wouldn't be surprised if he misses midweek but he was piss poor attacking bombscare Ambrose. Should have had the pace to have him on toast but shat it big time

For all that Ambrose is shite, the one thing he does possess is a fair turn of pace.

Reilly is utter pish, I for one hope he's released at the end if the season. He's not good enough and never will be.

Aye it certainly looked that way yesterday, wouldn't you rather he played like that every week and

earned himself a new deal at the end of the season..

He's only just turned 20, and has struggled with a bad injury, give the lad a chance FFS..

TC clearly holds him in high regard. He has mentioned him a number of times when talking about possible team selections. He must see something on the training ground that merits his inclusion. It would appear that in the last couple of games young Thomas might be beginning to show why the manager has faith in him.

If TC holds him in high regard then that says more about TC than Thomas Reilly, they are both useless as is a certain Stewart Gilmour who blamed Tuesday nights abysmal cup performance firmly at the feet of the players. Perhaps he and his body of cohorts on the BOD should take a good long hard look at themselves in reference to the appointment of TC as manager and the appointment of Gary Teale and Jim Goodwin as coaches. Having said that and the financial situation St.Mirren are in, unless a buyer comes in and makes a clean sweep, I'm afraid to say it's 1st Division for us.

Aye it certainly looked that way yesterday, wouldn't you rather he played like that every week and

earned himself a new deal at the end of the season..

He's only just turned 20, and has struggled with a bad injury, give the lad a chance FFS..

He's had his chance time and time again, he's simply not good enough. When he's plays, it's like playing with 10 men.

If you think different, that's YOUR opinion. IMO he's terrible and it's shows the sad state we're in this season the fact he's getting considered for the starting line up.

He's had his chance time and time again, he's simply not good enough. When he's plays, it's like playing with 10 men.

If you think different, that's YOUR opinion. IMO he's terrible and it's shows the sad state we're in this season the fact he's getting considered for the starting line up.

who would you have played instead of him yesterday ?

Reilly is utter pish, I for one hope he's released at the end if the season. He's not good enough and never will be.

[/

quote]

who would you have started yesterday in his place

Edited by saltcoatsbuddie

Don't know why Reilly is getting so much stick I thought he played well, couple of slack passes at the start but he didn't let it get to him (despite groans from the crowd) and got stuck in making some great tackles and good passes. Thought he made a big difference for us hitting on the counter quicker getting the ball out from our own half and he also got back and covered for Naismith a few times who was caught up the park too many times. The one Reilly got booked for he was covering for Naismith and took one for the team before Mubarek got into the box.

Really unlucky he didn't score with the one that hit the bar too, had Gordon beat.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually thought he did OK yesterday apart from when he got the ball tangled in his feet and ICT had a good chance as a result.

No worse than several others around him who all seemed to be playing out of their comfort zones. Strange line up.

I agree with that David. It makes you wonder why we brought in Drury when we have our own home grown players who can fill the little boy lost role.

IMO however , he simply doesnt seem to have it to perform consistently at this level.

His inclusion in our starting line up simply highlights how woeful our player additions in the last 5-6 transfer windows have been.

I agree with that David. It makes you wonder why we brought in Drury when we have our own home grown players who can fill the little boy lost role.

IMO however , he simply doesnt seem to have it to perform consistently at this level.

His inclusion in our starting line up simply highlights how woeful our player additions in the last 5-6 transfer windows have been.

He wasn't even making the bench last season. Obviously wasn't rated by Lennon.