Thomas Reilly

Played well last night I thought when he came on. Some nice touches. Needs an extended run in the team in my opinion.

I thought he was awful , I've tried to give this lad a chance but obvious now he's not gona make it , he chickened out challenges and first touch was terrible incidentally marwood, Wylde and Caldwell were equally awful

Reilly did look decent two season ago before getting a bad injury. Was that not the year we got off to a good start. Maybe he's the type of player that benefits from being in a team that's doing well as opposed to being thrown on to rescue another game where it looks like we are heading for another defeat?

I thought he put a great shift in today. His passing was slack at times but certainly put a foot in when required. He can definetly be happy with what he done today.

Definitely agree, when I first seen the teamsheet and how light the midfield I was fearing the worst but Reilly and McGinn both got stuck in.

Does anyone think he could get a run of games in the starting XI?

Edited by andysmfc1877

TC mentioned at the q+a recently that the guy still is a great prospect and has taken a long time to recover from injury a few seasons back both from a fitness and confidence point of view

I agree with the more recent five or six posts and I was particularly surprised with his tackling today and I think he is starting to show signs of being a good player for us and I think being given a start today must have given him confidence, as his shot from 30 yards proved

there's more to come from him and I think some encouragement vocally from us all will reap the benefit to our club

I think he will prove himself this season