Singing Section W5 (Confirmed) + Update

It would be great if the Club donated a stack of Black and white flags to the lads n lassies in the singing section.

Would look fantastic.

attachicon.gifwhite-black.gif attachicon.gifwhite-black.gif attachicon.gifwhite-black.gif

attachicon.gifwhite-black.gif attachicon.gifwhite-black.gif attachicon.gifwhite-black.gif

In fact,hand out flags to all the weans in the Stadium.

Edited by shull

good luck, hopefully to become a permanent feature, improve the atmosphere and encourage more involvement from the wider support

The stadium does have the potential to have a good atmosphere if everyone gets involved

I'll be sitting opposite the chosen area with friends who don't normally attend the games so will post some pics after the game

Edited by thewhiteman

good luck, hopefully to become a permanent feature, improve the atmosphere and encourage more involvement from the wider support

The stadium does have the potential to have a good atmosphere if everyone gets involved

I'll be sitting opposite the chosen area with friends who don't normally attend the games so will post some pics after the game

If its good get some videos aswell as the only videos there will probably be is people in it and they always turn out bad!

If its good get some videos aswell as the only videos there will probably be is people in it and they always turn out bad!

FFS im 57 and only just learned how to txt !

I'll get one o the youngsters (under 50) in our group with one o they fancy i patch phones to video it

Edited by thewhiteman

there could be a case for the ground to be split into sections.

family stand - keep as is.

singing section - let the masses sing!

oap section - some nice comfy seats for the auld yins. A small electric current can be passed through the seats to make sure they're awake every 10 mins. They will need a larger number of toilets than the rest of the ground. Travel rugs can be hired.

moaning section - keep everyone who plan to moan in here. if budget allows then we could have a sound proof screen between the moaning section and the seats next to them. If the game isn't going well, punters can pay an extra fiver to get into the moaning section so they can let rip.

fighting section - charge more for this as we will need some to pay extra for police / stewarding / pr company to explain why we have a fighting section. Everyone in here has to fight someone - if the opposition can't send in some fighters, they have to fight each other. Would actually be better than the local majorettes, or some under 8 team playing penalty shoot outs that normally is papped as entertainment.

scran section - loads of food concessions concentrated around this area. the seat in front has a fold down table similar to the ones found on planes.

Booze section - seat service and a nice selection of beers and wine.

Maybe it's just me going auld and daft but did we not try this before and it didny work? Just asking like....

Best of luck with the venture. The place needs plenty more atmosphere though if anyone starts banging a drum I will personally put my size 11's through it. ;-)

Maybe it's just me going auld and daft but did we not try this before and it didny work? Just asking like....

Best of luck with the venture. The place needs plenty more atmosphere though if anyone starts banging a drum I will personally put my size 11's through it. ;-)

Yeah its been done before but last time it was too far away from the normal fans and far too spread out 50 people along 10 rows makes a better atmosphere than 50 people in a line!

Just another update to let everyone know whats happening!

+ 100 members on Facebook, Wow amazing in a couple days (https://www.facebook.com/groups/748036301936484/)
+ Twitter been set up and doing well (https://twitter.com/StMirrenActive)
+ St Mirren have said they will be doing everything they can to help us
+ Looking likely that season ticket holders from other stands will be able to sit with us!

- Brian Caldwell ( St Mirren General Manager) " my initial only concern is the first row behind the tunnel incase someone falls over" so we might not be able to sit directly behind this but isn't that much of a problem!

Thanks again to everyone and lets get SMP rocking!

there could be a case for the ground to be split into sections.

family stand - keep as is.

singing section - let the masses sing!

oap section - some nice comfy seats for the auld yins. A small electric current can be passed through the seats to make sure they're awake every 10 mins. They will need a larger number of toilets than the rest of the ground. Travel rugs can be hired.

moaning section - keep everyone who plan to moan in here. if budget allows then we could have a sound proof screen between the moaning section and the seats next to them. If the game isn't going well, punters can pay an extra fiver to get into the moaning section so they can let rip.

fighting section - charge more for this as we will need some to pay extra for police / stewarding / pr company to explain why we have a fighting section. Everyone in here has to fight someone - if the opposition can't send in some fighters, they have to fight each other. Would actually be better than the local majorettes, or some under 8 team playing penalty shoot outs that normally is papped as entertainment.

scran section - loads of food concessions concentrated around this area. the seat in front has a fold down table similar to the ones found on planes.

Booze section - seat service and a nice selection of beers and wine.

Why not have each moaning minnie sitting between two allotted happy clappers ? Each time a moan was uttered , the clappers would immediately spring into action with a quick "C`mon Saints" or a short burst of OWTS.

Alternatively , re-route the mains supply from the OAP section to issue a quick corrective current each time the moaner tries to slip in a fly "Aww FFS Cheesy !"

Edited by Callum Gilhooley