Singing Section W5 (Confirmed) + Update

Maybe it's just me going auld and daft but did we not try this before and it didny work? Just asking like....

Best of luck with the venture. The place needs plenty more atmosphere though if anyone starts banging a drum I will personally put my size 11's through it. ;-)

I echo your sentiments.

Edited by FTOF

Maybe it's just me going auld and daft but did we not try this before and it didny work? Just asking like....

Best of luck with the venture. The place needs plenty more atmosphere though if anyone starts banging a drum I will personally put my size 11's through it. ;-)

My goodness, you sound like a big boy.

Why not have each moaning minnie sitting between two allotted happy clappers ? Each time a moan was uttered , the clappers would immediately spring into action with a quick "C`mon Saints" or a short burst of OWTS.

Alternatively , re-route the mains supply from the OAP section to issue a quick corrective current each time the moaner tries to slip in a fly "Aww FFS Cheesy !"

it allows the club to up sell and raise more funds. The happy clappers then need to step up and drown out the moaners. It will be like a big pantomime.

Good luck with it, will hopefully get the rest of the stand going if there is a block of 50 signing together and some decent action on the pitch.

I'd suggest a change of facebook photograph though to something more, er....appealing.

Hopefully this works as we are really lacking a bit of atmosphere at home.

Might have missed this I didn't read every post but does this area have no season ticket allocated seats? And are the people who want to be involved with this going to have to get their tickets early enough to request a seat in this section? What about people who already have a season ticket, would they be allowed to sit in a different seat?

Did we not try this before a few blocks along from where the proposed section is this time?

Am I missing something or is the only difference the area that it will be in this time?

Yes we did try but they were put down the far end of the west stand like some sort of naughty corner!

I believe if they are in the thick of the action & their mates can join them ( instead of having tickets spread out throughout the stadium) then it has a decent chance of creating atmosphere.

Also , as i said previously. people nearby are more likely to join in with singing if the singing is happening closer to them.

Good luck to the guys & hope the club do everything in their power to help out.

Only one thing though, i have noticed at away games some issues with the occasional wee idiot whos had one babycham too many & starts standing on & jumping on chairs , hammering the back wall etc, they are just a bloody nuisance . The group has to police itself & make sure these wee numpties dont spoil it for everyone else.

Might have missed this I didn't read every post but does this area have no season ticket allocated seats? And are the people who want to be involved with this going to have to get their tickets early enough to request a seat in this section? What about people who already have a season ticket, would they be allowed to sit in a different seat?

Morning, Yes this area that we have chosen to sit is where the segregation for when the likes of Celtic come to town so no season tickets are here! It is looking likely that not only season ticket holders in the west stand will be able to join us but also Season ticket holders from other stand!

Still early doors so trying to work out the best method with the club how to ticket the area but untill we find a solution the club wont be selling tickets for this area!

Morning, Yes this area that we have chosen to sit is where the segregation for when the likes of Celtic come to town so no season tickets are here! It is looking likely that not only season ticket holders in the west stand will be able to join us but also Season ticket holders from other stand!

Still early doors so trying to work out the best method with the club how to ticket the area but untill we find a solution the club wont be selling tickets for this area!

Fair enough, good to see the club backing the idea and making the area available.

BRILLIANT NEWS!!! Heres a wee copy pasta from our group so you can all see whats happening!

St Mirren Singing Section update!

WHERE WILL WE BE:

Section W5 behind the tunnel area and to the left of this area if needed!

----

SEATS:

We have been allocated 198 seats for this game

48 Seats behind tunnel and the 150 left to the left of us if needed!

( 6 Seats directly behind tunnel will be taped off to ensure no one falls over)

-----

ALL SEASON TICKET HOLDERS (including west stand) :

"If any season ticket holder wants to sit in the singing section and they are a season ticket holder - we would issue them with a paper ticket for this area. Our suggestion would be that they contact the Ticket Office either by phone or e-mail, prior to next Saturday and we put aside a ticket for them, we then block their season ticket for that game ensuring that they don't give their season ticket to someone else. For the season ticket holders we will give their tickets to the steward who is manning turnstiles 15/16 for collection to save them queuing at the ticket office. "

This must be done before Saturday!

All Season Ticket holders please Email St Mirren as soon as possible with your season ticket information with a request for a change to Singing Section!

-----

NON SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

"Non season ticket holders can purchase a ticket for this section by contacting the Ticket Office either in advance (to get the best seats) or any tickets left will be sold from the West Stand Ticket Office on the day of the game if they ask for Singing Section tickets."

(Remember to say for Singing Section so you have a ticket for here and not in anyones seat... Just eliminates any problems)

-----

"MEMBER" update

154 members on our Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/748036301936484)

182 Followers on Twitter ( https://twitter.com/StMirrenActive )

-----

ADVERTISING

St Mirren will be posting up information soon on all social platforms to get fans who may not no about it engaged!

Going to contact Paisley Express about this aswell see if they will be willing to do an article!

Will be making more info-graphics so you can all share with your friends!

-----

I will be in the section from about half 2 and encourage everyone to come a bit earlier if they can get to know everyone!

-----

We are hoping this will be a great success and an every week thing!

Would like to thank, Everyone at St Mirren and Every-Buddie who is getting involved!

‪#‎COMEONFEELTHENOISE‬

The Club is giving it it's full backing:

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=37094

YOU ARE HERE: HOME / FAN ZONE / SINGING SECTION TRIAL – ICT GAME
Singing Section Trial – ICT Game
OCTOBER 9, 2014 BY ADMIN

12th-Man-240x300.jpgSt Mirren Football Club are to support the trial of a singing section within W5 of the West Stand for the game against Inverness Caledonian Thistle on 18th October.

St Mirren fan Josh Magennis (not the player!) has set up an online fans’ group called St Mirren Active with the premise of creating a better match day atmosphere as the fans back the players as a ’12th man’. Josh has since brought the idea of a singing section to the attention of the club which is now happy to back a trial run starting initially with the game a week on Saturday against Inverness. It is proposed that a seating area of 198 seats within section W5 of the West Stand will be allocated as a singing section.

For fans who want to participate in the singing section it is pretty easy. Tickets for the area will be available from the St Mirren Ticket Office to Non Season Ticket holders and Season Ticket holders alike.

The club will provide Season Ticket holders with access to the singing section by issuing them with a paper ticket for the area. As a Season Ticket holder you should contact the St Mirren Ticket Office by phone: (0141) 840-6130 or e-mail: [email protected], prior to the day of the match and a ticket will be put aside for you, with your Season Ticket being blocked for that game for your usual seat. For Season Ticket holders we will give their tickets to the steward who is manning turnstiles 15/16 for collection to save them queuing at the Ticket Office.

Non Season Ticket holders can purchase a ticket for this section by contacting the Ticket Office either in advance (to get the best seats) or any tickets left will be sold from the West Stand Ticket Office on the day of the game if they ask for Singing Section tickets.

If you require more info or are interested in participating with St Mirren Active please follow @StMirrenActive on Twitter.

FILED UNDER: FAN ZONE, NEWS