Thommo

pod

He sounded pretty down about the whole season, i reckon its probably hurting him as a fan that we're doing so badly. Hopefully there's a few more hurting in the dressing room and we get a bit of fight in the next few weeks. COYS

I think we thought there would be a reaction at Perth given the results Ross County and Motherwell had picked up

But there was a spineless,gutless performance with little fight as the Fakes who had next to nothing to play for won all second balls and challenges.

Even Gary Teale was surprised at the level of committment shown

The club is in a mess and some have downed tools

Interesting to hear him say that the "relegation clause" for contracted players sees their pay drop by approx 50%. Those out of contract may be the lucky ones but if that isn't incentive enough to battle for their lives I don't know what is.

Can someone tell them a relegation clause isn't meant to be taken literally.

Fair play to him for going on the show, took balls. He was very honest , whilst trying to be positive it is pretty clear he is gutted about the situation we are in.

The fans still have a part to play though, pretty much swayed me to go to Motherwell next week.

He was QUITE honest.

He answered one specific question as I might have done by asking a question.

Q: if Saints are relegated, will you be here next year to get us back up?

A: you don't think it's just up to me do you? My contract runs out this season I may not get..... Etc etc....

I paraphrase slightly, but that was the very good non-answer he gave.... The kind of non-answer that they joked he knew exactly how to make and must have done often over a long career.

He was QUITE honest.

He answered one specific question as I might have done by asking a question.

Q: if Saints are relegated, will you be here next year to get us back up?

A: you don't think it's just up to me do you? My contract runs out this season I may not get..... Etc etc....

I paraphrase slightly, but that was the very good non-answer he gave.... The kind of non-answer that they joked he knew exactly how to make and must have done often over a long career.

Yeah, they could maybe have asked him if he was offered a new deal would he stay.

I can't see a Premiership team trying to sign him if we get relegated, I think he could score a few goals in the Championship for maybe another 2 years, even if we were to stay up I think he'd be a good option to have coming off the bench but can we honestly say he is going to return to the player he was before his hellish injuries? I think the damage has been done :(.

Didn't like his comment about not expecting to beat Celtic only hoping.Its as well he never played under Fergie with a philosophy like that.

I like your fighting spirit, but do you think we will beat Celtic? Think Thompson was being realistic, he is a genuine Saints fan.

Edited by Buddie Marvelous