Thommo

pod

Spite...erm no. How does dropping Thompson benefit Lennon in any way?

So it's incompetent to play your strongest team in a bid to earn yourself a new deal! Jeeeez... We all know you had it in for Lennon but this is a bit of a stretch.

Even if we take your premise that Danny knew he was being let go, how does playing a weakened team help him get a job elsewhere?

It benefits the club in the long term.

I don't think the result at Kilmarnock in a relatively meaningless game for us would have had any affect on Danny's future employability either way.

It benefits the club in the long term.

I don't think the result at Kilmarnock in a relatively meaningless game for us would have had any affect on Danny's future employability either way.

These are the problems when the board let the managers contract expire. A manager can't afford to look to a future that he may not have be a part of, and sacrifice league places on his record?

We could still have finished anywhere from 7th to 10th no? That's a significant differential in prize money for a club like us.

These are the problems when the board let the managers contract expire. A manager can't afford to look to a future that he may not have be a part of, and sacrifice league places on his record?

We could still have finished anywhere from 7th to 10th no? That's a significant differential in prize money for a club like us.

Well we did finish 8th, and we could have finished 7th had we won on the last day. We didn't though, and Thommo never played. We could have played him then and delayed his operation further if it was that vital.

I'd like to think that someone employed as manager or St Mirren, as Danny was at the end of last season, would manage in the best interest of the club and not himself.

Naive ideology perhaps.

And regarding the end of last season, one of Danny's most mystifying decisions last year (and there were plenty) was in the penultimate game of the season at Kilmarnock.

We had clinched our safety against County a few days prior and it was widely known Thommo had been carrying a knock and had an op scheduled. I wasn't expecting he'd be near the squad.

'Lo and behold I get to the game and I find he's not only in the squad, but he's starting!

We are talking about an extremely experienced player who's our club captain, he's also a well respected pundit and I believe he has his coaching badges. Not some young kid who's new to the game.

If he thought he was ready to play, which he clearly did, you can hardly blame the manager for starting him.

So...it was Danny's fault for playing him when not fit, but you can't blame Tommy for playing him when not fit?

Brilliant last quote.thumbup2.gif

“It’s still my aim, even though I haven’t played a game yet, to finish the season as top scorer and unfortunately for us right now the top total is a piddly three. None of these idiots you’ve met today is exactly running away with it.”

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to the club today regarding the rumours circulating online about Thommo's imminent retirement, and that he was "out for the whole season".

Thommo started light running last week, and is stepping up his re-hab in stages. Groin holding up fine so far and everyone seems quite happy with how it's going.

The Cheesy interview was a bit unfortunate, he meant that Thommo had been out for the whole season to date.

No reason to be concerned at this stage about Thommo going for a permanent gig on Sportscene !

Div.Did you dare to mention that we fans all totally fed up with the apathy surrounding our beloved football club and that we desperately want a managerial change to take us in new direction since out current manager appears utterly and totally lost.

It's well documented the club read the forum Tommy Craig has admitted to reading the forum also.

Div.Did you dare to mention that we fans all totally fed up with the apathy surrounding our beloved football club and that we desperately want a managerial change to take us in new direction since out current manager appears utterly and totally lost.

Dont worry , we`ll get an update soon on the regular Brian Caldwell bulletins. whistling.gif