Fan Zone At St Mirren Park This Saturday V Motherwell

TopCat

Not with a one-off event... but we should be working towards it.

Yes.. i have seen it.

I also happen to believe we could have it functional for less by appealing for practical support from within the Saints family.

Optimism is no bad thing when mixed with a measure of realism.

That's the way to go, Bin EK.

Within the 3000 odd fans who attend home matches we must have:-

A potential labour force willing to give of their time for some recognition at the end.

An architect, site manager, clerk of works, half a dozen joiners, plumbers, plasterers, tilers, etc.

Ask existing sponsors/advertisers if they have any surplus stock which might be useful. Approach

local businesses for help.

Once in place, arrange for work days - possible away game Saturdays - to get work under way,

with the "bonus" at the end of the day being, that the club puts on a wee "thank you" in the form of a few pints

and a pie, along with the playing of a famous Saints match, or a former player to chat for a while, with the club

bus to run home folk home if need be. I'll be a labourer.

In other words, "Challenge Anneka" but in-house. In fact, use a "celebrity fan" to be the figurehead.

A potential labour force willing to give of their time for some recognition at the end.

An architect, site manager, clerk of works, half a dozen joiners, plumbers, plasterers, tilers, etc.

Ask existing sponsors/advertisers if they have any surplus stock which might be useful. Approach

Once in place, arrange for work days - possible away game Saturdays - to get work under way,

with the "bonus" at the end of the day being, that the club puts on a wee "thank you" in the form of a few pints

and a pie, along with the playing of a famous Saints match, or a former player to chat for a while, with the club

In other words, "Challenge Anneka" but in-house. In fact, use a "celebrity fan" to be the figurehead.

Absolutely.

I can't for the life of me understand why the club doesn't tap into the practical talents of the fanbase more regularly.

Two of my biggest memories were painting the Love Street bogs in my school holidays for SAF and clearing snow off the pitch for Jim Clunie.

Instead... we now have a club that seems happy as long as dwindling numbers bother to turn up and hospitality is half full or more.

Engage the fans Saints. Harness their collective talents... and don't abuse them or take them for granted.

Not forgetting the all important.....WELDERS.....clap.gifclap.gif

Fantastic us plebs who invest a million quid every year into this club will, well might if they get a license, be able to get a drink before a game.We have to pay of course unlike our directors.

You have to register as only 150 people can be accommodated ,so will we be restricted to time or number of beers?

Are we really asking people to buy raffle tickets for a booze tent that may not happen , has no one taken on board the need for food banks and winter is on its way!!!!

Is this the best we can do????

Fantastic us plebs who invest a million quid every year into this club will, well might if they get a license, be able to get a drink before a game.We have to pay of course unlike our directors.

You have to register as only 150 people can be accommodated ,so will we be restricted to time or number of beers?

Are we really asking people to buy raffle tickets for a booze tent that may not happen , has no one taken on board the need for food banks and winter is on its way!!!!

Is this the best we can do????

i wonder how many have rushed to register for something that might not happen, and they expect us to sell raffle tickets to fund this, they are welcome to come and get their tickets back from me, i have bought the previous tickets which were to support the academy, i wont be buying these ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to provide an update based on the contributions to date on this forum.

Firstly the Marquee is booked and funded so the event is going ahead.

The marquee is heated . The marquee can accommodate any numbers as it is built in sections, but we need to know numbers to accommodate all. That is why we want supporters to register their attendance to manage numbers and avoid disappointment at e mail [email protected] .Many supporters have expressed a desire for a local bar near the ground and this will provide this facility.All interested parties including the police have been consulted and the drinks licence is expected to be granted soon. The Fans Zone will only be available to St.Mirren supporters and it will stewarded.

The Motherwell game was selected on the basis it is the closest home game to Christmas and gives supporters the chance to meet and catch up with their mates in a venue close to the stadium.Hope this helps and we will provide further info as things develop and thanks for everybody's comments to date, no matter if positive or negative. We are all Saints supporters and together we can make a difference.

Edited by SMFCFansCouncil

Just wanted to provide an update based on the contributions to date on this forum.

The marquee is heated . The marquee can accommodate any numbers as it is built in sections, but we need to know numbers to accommodate all. That is why we want supporters to register their attendance to manage numbers and avoid disappointment at e mail [email protected] .Many supporters have expressed a desire for a local bar near the ground and this will provide this facility.All interested parties including the police have been consulted and the drinks licence is expected to be granted soon. The Fans Zone will only be available to St.Mirren supporters and it will stewarded.

The Motherwell game was selected on the basis it is the closest home game to Christmas and gives supporters the chance to meet and catch up with their mates in a venue close to the stadium.Hope this helps and we will provide further info as things develop and thanks for everybody's comments to date, no matter if positive or negative. We are all Saints supporters and together we can make a difference.

Can I ask what the total outlay is for this?

Thats great and well done to the fans council i'm sure many of us will enjoy a little pre match tipple, but will the marquee be open post match to allow us to drown our sorrows?