Dundee V St Mirren Premiership 27/12/14

shull

Absolutely brilliant result today. What a difference in the teams performance even from just a few weeks ago. What an unbelievable goal it was from Mallan aswell, already a contender for goal of the season. Great performance all round from the team but kenny McLean was outstanding, on that kind of form he is just unstoppable.

How good was the first goal from McLean as well? If it wasn't for Mallans wonder goal we would all be talking about his strike.

Great finish.

They have that up as a great counter attacking goal on its own also.

https://nj.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA%2FaGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS%2FcUxrnNZwEMCiA0I%2BBI8OQslIkKb13O%2BA4YMSCo9aemBInvB77ZiX2SgHysA%3D%3D&bit=1

Sorry to live in the past, but having previously compared John McGinn to Archie Gemmill, my first reaction on seeing Stephen Mallan's goal was to compare it to wee Archie's goal for Scotland against Holland and also my second thought was to ask have we unearthed another Tommy Bryceland?

That has got to be the SPFL goal of the season.

And that second goal btw. WOW!

Technique, step over, finish. Stephen Mallan.

The latest off our conveyor belt, we have another gem.

Pity one or two of our supporters can't see the wood for the trees and want to bin Longwell.

Edited by pod

What a fabulous goal! A cross between Wee Archie's in '78 v Holland and Maradona's second in '86 v Engerland!

Mind you McLean's first wasn't to shabby either!

I think we may have found a stand in striker by default. Teale had the balls to move Kenny forward after Thompson's red card last week. He could have taken an easier option and swapped one of the midfield for a striker off the bench.

Having been able to go last week, Kenny was tenacious upfront and worked his socks off, to no avail as it turned out.

The rewards were obviously there to be seen today though.....