Striking Options

DLBud

No strikers in today's line up.

Whether we win, lose or draw isn't the point here but if Ball, Marwood, Caldwell and Reilly are not deemed good enough to stay when we have no other strikers then should they even be at the club?

If not, then should we simply admit another bunch of transfer clusterf**ks and pay them off, leaving the new manager with even less to spend in January?

This is f**king grim.

No strikers in today's line up.

Whether we win, lose or draw isn't the point here but if Ball, Marwood, Caldwell and Reilly are not deemed good enough to stay when we have no other strikers then should they even be at the club?

If not, then should we simply admit another bunch of transfer clusterf**ks and pay them off, leaving the new manager with even less to spend in January?

This is f**king grim.

You forgot Wylde.

This is something we have known for a while. 2 league goals between the 4 of them in a combined 65 appearances this season! I wouldn't play any of them either. However we have no-one else to put on the bench. I am sure some of these guys will be moving on soon.

Think the last couple of games show Teale doesn't rate our proper strikers (Thompson aside obviously) at all. Last week it must have been about an hour after Thompson was taken off until Ball came on, today we didn't start with any of them.

I thought McLean did very well up front last week but we were forced into that one. Today we weren't and he still started up front. It worked extremely well considering McLean scored two - had it not then that was probably Teale's chance of getting the job out the window.

McLean's displays in the last few weeks don't change the fact we need some new strikers. As an aside I feel Ross Caldwell has been a bit hard done to - I'm not for one minute suggesting he's the answer to all our problems but he's hardly had a chance while the other summer signings have had plenty.