Stephen Mallan

TopCat

He is better than both McLean and McGinn we should be building a team round this lad. What a talent

Spot on.

He's a mile ahead than either of them were at his age.

I genuinely believe we have a potentially special player amongst our ranks.

We've got the nucleus of a good young team here.

Ridgers/new keeper

Naismith - Baird - Kelly - LB

Mallan - CM (assuming McGinn is away)

RM - Sadlier - Morgan

FW

The empty slots is where we need some new faces, in my opinion. Doubt Tess will be here next year, nor McGinn, and we definitely need some new strikers.

The word I almost used in my match report to describe that was thuderbastard. Went for blockbuster, thunderbolt and crackerjack instead.

Incredible hit, can't remember the last time I saw as good a strike as that from a Saints player. Wasn't t the game against Hearts where Carey scored.

Extend his contract now!

CRACKERJACK !!!!!!

• 5 months later...

The difference.

He is our best player. He isn't on a senior player contract just now, but he should be. The club should be contacting his agent on Monday and making him an offer which equates his wage packet with the football clubs top earners.

If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have won today, no danger. He is that bit of quality that gets you 3 points in games like that. Not just today, not just last week, but last season too. The kid is a proven performer at top flight level. 9 goals in 35 games from midfield? What an outstanding return, 5 already this season. That would be superb for an established senior attacking midfielder.... for a kid it's...

He's the best teenager I've ever seen play for St Mirren. I hope we maximise profit when he - inevitably - moves on.

Oh, wee Stevie Mallan!

Edited by TopCat

The difference.

He is our best player. He isn't on a senior player contract just now, but he should be, The club should be contacting his agent on Monday and making him an offer which equates his wage packet with the football clubs top earners.

If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have won today, no danger. He is that bit of quality that gets you 3 points in games like that. Not just today, not just last week, but last season too. The kid is a proven performer at top flight level. 9 goals in 35 games from midfield? What an outstanding return, 5 already this season. That would be superb for an established senior attacking midfielder.... for a kid it's...

He's the best teenager I've ever seen play for St Mirren. I hope we maximise profit when he - inevitably - moves on.

Oh, wee Stevie Mallan!

Agreed. He's clearly a fantastic talent. Hopefully he'll stick around for at least another year or two before he goes on to bigger and better things.

As I said a few weeks ago when he was inexplicably out the team, he shouldn't be dropped from this side at any point. He will have his poor games like any youngster but he's clearly our best player and this should be taken into account that he's capable of a moment of magic on a consistent basis.

His old man was one of the best I've seen at Junior level, pace and fitness immense. Young Stephen has all the attributes to grow if nurtured properly, great awareness, touch and shot.

If we don't give him options upfront though ( play 4-4-2... Rather than 4-5-1!)I feel his growth may be slowed. The manager must help the youth develop in playing a formation that suits them and the flair of the team, not backs to the wall in holding out for results against part time and lower league opposition.

The difference.

He is our best player. He isn't on a senior player contract just now, but he should be. The club should be contacting his agent on Monday and making him an offer which equates his wage packet with the football clubs top earners.

Oh, wee Stevie Mallan!

100% agree. Lets get him on a long term well paid contract. If someone were to take him then they should be expected to pay top dollar. Not end up like a mclean/mcginn scenario.

Mallan has a great shot on him but general play needs to improve a lot

You can plainly see the technique and potential is there though. It's about time the board realise that it's folly to let these contracts lapse so readily. False economy as McGinn and McLean's departures have proven.

The difference.

Oh, wee Stevie Mallan!

Don't get me wrong, Mallan is a fantastic prospect but I can only assume you're a lot younger than me TC.

Off the top of my head he has a fair way to go to top Gordon McQueen, Bobby McKean, Bobby Reid, Tony Fitzpatrick, Stevie Clarke and Ian Ferguson.

100% agree. Lets get him on a long term well paid contract. If someone were to take him then they should be expected to pay top dollar. Not end up like a mclean/mcginn scenario.

Exactly. Why only give short term contracts to obviously talented players ? Something not right there, are people making money from that sort of situation and bypassing the club coffers ? I personally dont believe that Jackie McNamara and his management team were the only club officials who profited or still profit from sales of players to other teams. Has anyone else ever wondered why some players go for an undisclosed fee ?

Exactly. Why only give short term contracts to obviously talented players ?

Because that's all they will sign. Kids have agents who won't / don't let them sign longer term contracts simply because there is no money in it. Also, under a certain age there is a maximum term for contracts is there not. On undisclosed fees, I'm sure I read that it's the player and the buying club who hold the strings on this.

Archie Gemmill was no a bad teenager at Love Street. Did OK later as well I believe.

Every time I see his goal I think there's something odd about it.

He gets the ball in the inside right position, touches it six times, all with the left foot including the shot at the end.

Dutch defenders appear to be doing their best to get out of his way.

Final score - Holland lose narrowly and by doing so finish second in the group and avoid Argentina in the next round.

......just saying like.......

Every time I see his goal I think there's something odd about it.

He gets the ball in the inside right position, touches it six times, all with the left foot including the shot at the end.

Dutch defenders appear to be doing their best to get out of his way.

Final score - Holland lose narrowly and by doing so finish second in the group and avoid Argentina in the next round.

......just saying like.......

Yes. You're right. Clearly a conspiracy. Money probably changed hands. Just saying like. I played football with Archie and he was left footed. You got that right.

No doubt you will be able to back up your outrageous claims with hard fact..? We know how you like it hard!

Only thing I will say is if it was my son I would not let him sign contract till I new who the next manager was but only because I am not sure about murray.

Stevie's an adult, albeit a young one. I'm sure he doesn't need to ask his father's permission to sign anything for anyone, I certainly don't remember asking my old man's permission to go work at 18 or 19.