Stephen Mallan

TopCat

Who could?

Surly your not trying to accuse any directors.

Or are you indirectly trying to?

Oh dear you are certainly not too bright are you, the board made a deal with him to let him go if an acceptable offer was made, that's as much as i know about the deal, therefore i am not accusing the board of anything.

You seem to think i am inderectly accusing the board of profiting from the deal, i can only put that down to you thinking along those lines yourself, because nobody else has mentioned the board having profited from the deal.

Agents profit from deals - we all know that - and it emerged that club officials at Dundee united (by their own admission) profited from player sales, so i suppose you could be right in what your thinking, but i wouldn't go insinuating anything along those lines if i were you, unless of course you have solid proof. I personally have no proof of anyone making profit from the deal so i would certainly not be suggesting any names or groups of people.

Edited by buddiecat

Yes i thought so too, i have to ask why though, paranoia ?

You're probably right, Buddiecat.

AnyBuddie who suggests "circling the wagons" and dreams up imaginary groups called "board fanboys" does seem to be exhibiting signs of paranoia.

Though I suspect scottd was simply teasing you. :)

I seen a few people saying he should be given a long term deal. He signed one last season till 2018.

I don't think we'll see him stay on if we are still a championship team by then. Even at that with the form he is in we may sell him .

If Falkirk can get hundreds of thousands for guys that haven't even played a game, how much should we be asking for Mallan?

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Looks like he's off then.  Dougie McNeill tweeting he's off to Barnsley for a medical.

Hes been a joy to watch.

As MacBeth said "If it were done when 'tis done then 'twere well it were done quickly."

Good luck wee Stevie Mallon.................

Edited by Bud the Baker

Stevie Mallan is such an exciting talent and for us to sell him to an English Championship side for a mere £200k is staggering. Rangers sold Lewis Mcleod for nearly a million and he barely played a game and all at a lower level and he is very average.

Surely with the talent he has shown in his few seasons at St Mirren he should be going for a minimum upfront fee of £500k. He has been puting in these performances, scored the goals and numerous assists all for a side that has been struggling each year with players of limited ability. Just look how influential he has been in a side in the last three months when playing alongside talented players.

I can't think of many other young players playing for a less fashionable club like us that is banging in such wonderful free kicks and assists week after week.

I appreciate he was always going to move on but for a mere £200k. Very disappointing stuff. I feel if this was Dundee United, Hamilton or Falkirk they would be getting anywhere between £500k and £1 million.

I wonder if Barnsley interest is real then it might alert other clubs and result in a bidding war that benefits both Mallan and St Mirren FC.

Just frustrated that we never seem to get the real going rate for our better players.

Bumped into his old man last night who said as much, couldn't have posted it online though.

Wished him all the best, he thoroughly deserves it. 

Thanks Stephen, been a pleasure to watch this season. 

Edited by davidg