Stephen Mallan

TopCat

Can't blame the boy for wanting to move on and progress his career and to make a bit more cash too. He has been immense the last four months and I really agree with previous poster as without his performances we'd likely be in a different league next season. Very best of luck young man!!

300k - if true and we assume JR gets 40% of that to spend = 2 hopefully decent signings/resignings at over a grand a week then it may not be a bad pice of business even without any add ons

Concern is a big chunk will got to Gilmour and Co under the terms of the buyout.

1 minute ago, Hambud said:

I thought the January offer was accepted?

The turn of events that I heard, was that £150K was accepted.

However. a day or two before the window shut, we phoned Barnsley and upped our demands.

Barnsley told us to GTF and pulled the plug on the deal. Hence a pissed off young man, who fortunately screwed the nut and produced a stunningly good second half of the season, with the help of Sir Stephen of McGinn.

Their loss was our gain, and happily it looks like they'll be paying considerably more for his services now.:D

Why don't we just wait and see before getting too excited. There is no quote from anyone in the Sky Sports article and as for The Sun.........

Personally I'd like more up front but £300k plus add ons and a sell on clause would be a pretty decent deal.

Good luck to him anyway, he was brilliant this season.

The turn of events that I heard, was that £150K was accepted.

However. a day or two before the window shut, we phoned Barnsley and upped our demands.

Barnsley told us to GTF and pulled the plug on the deal. Hence a pissed off young man, who fortunately screwed the nut and produced a stunningly good second half of the season, with the help of Sir Stephen of McGinn.

Their loss was our gain, and happily it looks like they'll be paying considerably more for his services now.[emoji3]

I'm fairly sure GLS released a statement saying that a bid for Barnsley was accepted in January then Barnsley pulled out during negotiations with Mallan.

It was on the official website.

Could be lying of course but that's from the horses mouth.

10 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I'm fairly sure GLS released a statement saying that a bid for Barnsley was accepted in January then Barnsley pulled out during negotiations with Mallan.

Mr Ed claims he knew nothing about it.

12 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I remember reading that statement, for the short time it existed, before it was pulled.

That could well have been in it, but I'm f**ked if I can remember.

I know our resident village idiot won't like it, but the initial source of my turn of events was allegedly from within the club.

Who knows what's true and what isn't, other than the people that were actually involved?

What really matters is what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Whatever transpires, I'll be sad to see  him leave if he goes.

Unfortunately I don't believe we as a club could knock back £300k for a player who could run down his contract and leave for nothing. Do I think he is worth more. Course I do but I would happy we got something for him now and negotiate a sell on fee rather than get sod all next summer.

Stevie has totally deserved this move. For the last two years he has scored over ten goals from midfield in struggling teams. I hear he works on improving his game after training so it's an example to other youngsters at club that if you work hard on your game and showcase your skills in our 1st team for two / three years you also can achieve a move to a better league and bigger club and progress your career.

That is how we sell our club to youngsters we target. Sign for us and if your good enough you will get your chance in the 1st team. Give us two / three seasons then move on to bigger things.

I hope Stevie's career goes from strength and I will watch that with keen interest. I am grateful I got to see this talented young man in action for us and I thank him for the many fantastic memories.

Unfortunately I don't believe we as a club could knock back £300k for a player who could run down his contract and leave for nothing. Do I think he is worth more. Course I do but I would happy we got something for him now and negotiate a sell on fee rather than get sod all next summer.

Stevie has totally deserved this move. For the last two years he has scored over ten goals from midfield in struggling teams. I hear he works on improving his game after training so it's an example to other youngsters at club that if you work hard on your game and showcase your skills in our 1st team for two / three years you also can achieve a move to a better league and bigger club and progress your career.

That is how we sell our club to youngsters we target. Sign for us and if your good enough you will get your chance in the 1st team. Give us two / three seasons then move on to bigger things.

I hope Stevie's career goes from strength and I will watch that with keen interest. I am grateful I got to see this talented young man in action for us and I thank him for the many fantastic memories.

He wouldn't go for nothing next summer.

He could if he went abroad. I remember going to the USA was an option for Kenny McLean at the end of his contract here, and he would have went there for nothing.

It was McGinn, but it was a strange one as Houston had used all their slots. Might have been John's agent getting him out there right enough.

It was McGinn, but it was a strange one as Houston had used all their slots. Might have been John's agent getting him out there right enough.

I had forgot McGinn, sure McLean was linked too.

More in the sense he didn't want to go, but he would go abroad for nothing if we didn't give him the gentleman's agreement we did.

Certainly a risk we don't want to be taking with Mallan. We should take the 200-300k and a tasty big sell on clause.

14 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Concern is a big chunk will got to Gilmour and Co under the terms of the buyout.

To clear up the speculation of where any transfer money goes. The club do not lose any of the fee received. SMiSA are the buyers of the consortiums shares which have the clause included regarding accelerated payments. The amount of the accelerated payment is not the full amount of the transfer and is due to be paid from SMiSA funds if there is enough in the bank to pay it, there may well be enough by now. Any shortfall in the ability to pay the amount will be obtained from one source or another, but whatever happens the club will get the full amount of any fee paid for any player, if they decide to assist SMiSA in any shortfall then SMiSA will pay it back to the club in what i imagine will be a very short period of time given the amounts being speculated on by the press.

No panic, all will be well when Stevie lights up the championship and goes to Liverpool for £6m the following season, and the consortium will have been paid back by then.

Edited by buddiecat
spelink

7 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

To clear up the speculation of where any transfer money goes. The club do not lose any of the fee received. SMiSA are the buyers of the consortiums shares which have the clause included regarding accelarated payments. The amount of the accelarated payment is not the full amount of the transfer and is due to be paid from SMiSA funds if there is enough in the bank to pay it, there may well be enough by now. Any shortfall in the ability to pay the amount will be obtained from one source or another, but whatever happens the club will get the full amount of any fee paid for any player, if they decide to assist SMiSA in any shortfall then SMiSA will pay it back to the club in what i imagine will be a very short period of time given the amounts being speculated on by the press.

No panic, all will be well when Stevie lights up the championship and goes to Liverpool for £6m the following season, and the consortium will have been pad back by then.

A load of shite.... it'll be Newcastle for £6m. :P

17 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Well, Fitzy is our CEO, he's been a player of stature, a manager, and been around a while - is he also a useless cnut who is rolling over and playing dead?

Aye.  He has hee-haw experience of being a CEO.  It was a bizzare appointment in the first place, if the proposed transfer fee is true this would probably be a good moment to end this particular charade.

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Aye.  He has hee-haw experience of being a CEO.  It was a bizzare appointment in the first place, if the proposed transfer fee is true this would probably be a good moment to end this particular charade.

Just for clarity. Your view on Gordon Scott is that any of his business dealings in property or suchlike have no bearing. He clearly knows bugger-all about football transfers. Underneath a useless chairman, we have an equally useless CEO whose appointment is a charade and should be ended immediately.

We can deduce all of this because they may have to let go a player to an English Championship side for an initial fee that may be in the region of 200k - 300k with unknown add-ons, bonuses for appearances, or a sell-on cut.

Can you tell us what you think GLS and Tony Fitzpatrick should be doing to get an initial fee of 500k - 1m for Stevie Mallan?