Stephen Mallan

TopCat

19 hours ago, Soctty said:

You're not wanting to build on anything - you're wanting to dredge up things from the past, as is clear from your post.

I have to ask, was it not the case that all of the good work done over the previous 10 years was almost undone and then some in the last 3?  What is wrong with acknowledging that?

The club was crying out for investment for off-field business income streams, this is what many people who asked for more resource wanted to see-including some in positions of responsibility inside the club.  And soccer does sometimes work on the law of diminishing returns, we cut in the wrong places and paid the price (almost twice).

And if you don't learn lessons from the past, you could be doomed to repeat the mistakes made before.  Taking esponsibility for how things were screwed up is a vital step in the march forward, which at present still remains a very tottery wee journey?

Looks like "Not so Wee" Stevie has passed the physical..!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/picture-shocking-moment-randy-couple-filmed-having-sex-in-broad-daylight-behind-barnsley-town-centre-church-1-8547070

out on the lash all night, alleyway bonk, timed nicely fir a Weatherspoons breakfast, pint and onto sorting out personal details.

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

I have to ask, was it not the case that all of the good work done over the previous 10 years was almost undone and then some in the last 3?  What is wrong with acknowledging that?

The club was crying out for investment for off-field business income streams, this is what many people who asked for more resource wanted to see-including some in positions of responsibility inside the club.  And soccer does sometimes work on the law of diminishing returns, we cut in the wrong places and paid the price (almost twice).

And if you don't learn lessons from the past, you could be doomed to repeat the mistakes made before.  Taking esponsibility for how things were screwed up is a vital step in the march forward, which at present still remains a very tottery wee journey?

If you read the exchange, it is Lord Pitiful who says he's looking to the future, while still dredging up the past. I'm more than happy to acknowledge the mistakes of the old board, in thread with that purpose - not bringing the negativity into this one as that odd fellow did.

Just one thing - why do the new board have to take responsibility for the old board screwing things up? Learn by all means, but don't accept blame for something you had no part in...

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Since the end of January things have been very positive which I see continuing into next season. So why bring up the past ? Let me guess end of season nothing happening until the window opens, in other words some are board so kick up the dirt Zzzzzz ! 

:lol:

On 16/05/2017 at 1:32 PM, portmahomack saint said:

Your as bad as oaktree when did I say that lol, my last word on the subject is, as my auld maw used to say if jobs worth doing its worth doing right, even if yer tired, ps good luck wee stevie boy

You should have taken her advice over your posts.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It took you 10 minutes to read 20 words?

Was referring too the post I wrote, not the silly reply I got, and am hoping you knew that and your not as thick as your making out,  maybe I don't explain myself as well as some on here ??  so I will make it simple so that even the less educated can understand,  breaking even while spiralling towards the ABYSS isn't good management of the club, breaking even while climbing the table IS,  that's something I believe GS and SMISA can achieve,, and that's why am in,,  no one will ever have more passion for this club than the people who pay to watch the team, and that's us the fans,

27 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Was referring too the post I wrote, not the silly reply I got, and am hoping you knew that and your not as thick as your making out maybe I don't explain myself as well as some on here ??  so I will make it simple so that even the less educated can understand,  breaking even while spiralling towards the ABYSS isn't good management of the club, breaking even while climbing the table IS,  that's something I believe GS and SMISA can achieve,, and that's why am in,,  no one will ever have more passion for this club than the people who pay to watch the team, and that's us the fans,

You will forgive me if I don't take lessons on my level of "thickness" from a person who posts in that manner. This isn't even English is it?

When you learn to speak or write in English then you can come back and we can discuss it again.

I shall give you a starter for free. Learn how to spell, learn the difference between "too, to and two", learn the difference between "your and you're".

Figure out when and how to use question marks, capital letters and full stops.

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, but he got the strange bit right. :P

It's about all he got right in that post.

Apparently he thinks that the appropriate time to go into debt is when you are financially f**ked and facing a potentially catastrophic relegation.

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You will forgive me if I don't take lessons on my level of "thickness" from a person who posts in that manner. This isn't even English is it?

When you learn to speak or write in English then you can come back and we can discuss it again.

I shall give you a starter for free. Learn how to spell, learn the difference between "too, to and two", learn the difference between "your and you're".

Figure out when and how to use question marks, capital letters and full stops.

:lol:  resorting to the old grammar correction routine now, never mind shouldn't be a problem in future as you seem to be rewriting my posts now,

25 minutes ago, Johnny Rep said:

Actually quite tedious, take it the school's are on holiday again, thought this thread was about S.M?

If it's S and M you are after, this probably isn't the right website for you.

Fantastic contribution to the thread BTW.

Edited by oaksoft