Stephen Mallan

TopCat

31 minutes ago, Svard svard said:

To answer your initial question..

It is unknown to me what the young man will earn at Barnsley.

I know someone who played at Championship level and he was on triple that plus bonuses and he was pish!

I was merely highlighting that there is a dramatic increase in his income on offer as someone wondered if he would hang around for another season.

Good luck Stevie.

He is on £10k a week

But.............................. his agent takes £9100 of that

Welcome to England !!!!!

1 hour ago, nedflanders123 said:

Can you explain how you know what weekly wage he will earn at Barnsley? 

35 minutes ago, Svard svard said:

To answer your initial question..

It is unknown to me what the young man will earn at Barnsley.

I know someone who played at Championship level and he was on triple that plus bonuses and he was pish!

I was merely highlighting that there is a dramatic increase in his income on offer as someone wondered if he would hang around for another season.

Good luck Stevie.

I have to agree with Svard. The figures he quoted for the championship would not be a million miles away. Players getting double that in League one

Not much to be achieved by mumping my gums. Have now recently reluctantly waved cheerio to Kenny McLean, John McGinn and Stevie Mallan. We cannot hold onto our genuine talent, we must hope that the new ownership of the club are maximising the deals they get when they sell players, while realising the balance of power now resides with the player and agent.

For Saints to agree already, before the transfer window even opens,  makes me feel that there must have been some sort of agreement made in January.

Hope we get a decent fee and add-ons!

All the best Stevie, your goals and assists saved us from relegation this season and you will be missed!

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Good luck Stevie, I know it was undisclosed but anyone got an inside track on the cash amount? Have a feeling it probably was the lowly £200k :(

I've got a feeling it was £400K.

Anyone else want to play this guessing game?

Glad we got this sorted early doors.

It was clear he was going to be leaving the club this summer, his talent deserves to be on a bigger stage than the Scottish Championship.

Good move for wee Stevie and for us. Wish him all the best and we move on.

Just now, bazil85 said:

I'm not guessing, the news articles running the story are saying that amount. You're just pulling a value out the air.

Yes you are.

Nobody knows the fee except for the people directly involved.

The media certainly don't, although they'll try to convince us they do.

Thanks Stevie. You are welcome back any time.

And good to see a sell-on clause which I am sure we will get something from at a later date. And since the fee hasn't been disclosed there is no point in bitching about it.