Stephen Mallan

TopCat

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

Don't think there's anything more to it than Ross being asked if he'd like Mallan back and him saying yes. If he goes out on loan I'd be very surprised if he comes back to us as I'd imagine Premiership clubs will be after him.

Also wouldn't rule out Shrewsbury due to the Brian Caldwell connection.

I listened to the interview and Jack said that he was "in contact with Stevie all the time" but it was said in a way that suggested they were pals or that he was maybe passing on wee bits of advice. He was asked about Mallan coming back as he wasn't getting game time and he laughed and said " he knows he's welcome back here, I tell him that all the time". It was all very tongue in cheek (I may also have para-phrased slightly).

Edited by WeeBud

33 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I listened to the interview and Jack said that he was "in contact with Stevie all the time" but it was said in a way that suggested they were pals or that he was maybe passing on wee bits of advice. He was asked about Mallan coming back as he wasn't getting game time and he laughed and said " he knows he's welcome back here, I tell him that all the time". It was all very tongue in cheek (I may also have para-phrased slightly).

Think Barnsley are daft not to play him, they are struggling..... love to see him back , what a midfield we would have

21 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Since he been playing in a youth level for 5 months he might have to raise his game to play for us :rolleyes:   Other question would be who would he replace in the starting 11 ?

It would allow us to rotate the midfield and two of the front three occasionally to keep everyone fresh for a big push to the second half of the season......

37 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Since he been playing in a youth level for 5 months he might have to raise his game to play for us :rolleyes:   Other question would be who would he replace in the starting 11 ?

Samson 

3 hours ago, WeeBud said:

It would allow us to rotate the midfield and two of the front three occasionally to keep everyone fresh for a big push to the second half of the season......

Fair comment but it could piss off some other players who are playing every week. I certainly would like him back but I just don't see it happening.

Rory Loy in January more likely?

Reportedly doesn't get on with Hartley and, right enough, has only made 3 appearances off the bench since he took over 8 weeks ago. Played for their development team on Monday.

Must be on a good wage and Hartley will be looking to raise money so he can to get his own players in.

Depends I suppose if bridges have been burnt with JR over his decision to go to Falkirk in the first place.... 

38 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Mallan wouldn't come back to sit on the bench so who gets dropped?

McShane obviously.

He isn't coming back through, it was Chic Young and Jack Ross having a joke during the pre-match interview that started this.  There's nothing in it other than Jack wishing - as we all do - that he was still here.