Stephen Mallan

TopCat

Mallan played the whole game, scored  one and smacked one of the bar for the U23s last week but was not even included in the squad  for yesterdays U23 game .  :huh:

Meanwhile the full team get scudded on Tuesday and the manager comes out publicly slating his players and criticising those fringe players he has given a chance saying they havent performed. Could this be Stevies opportunity to step up and show what he can do ?  :clapping  

I am a fan of the wee man. I believe that we miss his dead ball skills and who could forget 'that' goal  he 'scored at Dundee! I would have him back but couldn't guarantee that he would start eery game. I watched both of the Scotland under 21 games in Perth recently . In the first he ran the show from midfield.  In the second against a physically stronger and faster team he struggled to get fully I to the game. He is a great footballer. He is still young and needs to build more physical strength.  Could he do that back here on loan and add quality to our pool? Yes.

I know his old man posts on here but I would have thought he would have encouraged him to go elsewhere. Barnsley were always going to be whipping boys in that division stevie is a great player in a dominant team but he is not a battler I don't know if it's just financially he went there but seems a strange decision to me. Would love him back though would genuinely think we would win the league if he came back

32 minutes ago, bender rodriguez said:

I know his old man posts on here but I would have thought he would have encouraged him to go elsewhere. Barnsley were always going to be whipping boys in that division stevie is a great player in a dominant team but he is not a battler I don't know if it's just financially he went there but seems a strange decision to me. Would love him back though would genuinely think we would win the league if he came back

I've asked before but, WHO would you drop to accommodate him in the team.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I've asked before but, WHO would you drop to accommodate him in the team.

We have had lots of FK opportunities just outside box this season which we have not taken advantage of and I am sure stevie would have scored a couple. I like mc Shane and mcginn but think they have been pretty inconsistent this season. Going forward they have been good but their defensive capabilities are not great

3 hours ago, bender rodriguez said:

We have had lots of FK opportunities just outside box this season which we have not taken advantage of and I am sure stevie would have scored a couple. I like mc Shane and mcginn but think they have been pretty inconsistent this season. Going forward they have been good but their defensive capabilities are not great

You surely wouldn't drop either of those two because Mallan is better defensively?? Going forward would be the absolute reason for bringing him in!!

22 hours ago, melmac said:

Easy, McShane.

21 hours ago, bender rodriguez said:

21 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

McShane is a good player but there's no real argument that he's an upgrade on Stevie. 

I think you are selling McShane short. He works harder than Stevie did and he's part of a good unit. As for consistency. If we had that from all the players they probably moved on to better things and I can't recall Mallan being solid defensively

Edited by stlucifer