Transfer News

Only thing to expect from the board this transfer window is for them to sell Kenny McLean on the last day of window and then tell the fans that they tried to replace him using some of the money it brought in but they just couldn't get things done on time

Sadly this is more or less what's just happened, absolute joke.

Just read Gary's comments on the OS.He has obviously tried his best but in truth today is clear definition of him being a rookie manager.Obvious to everyone he has mo scouting network in place and just really trying to get free agents and kids from down south.All this on the last day when we lose our best player and having released seven players from the pool at the start of the season and brought in three one of which is a teenager from Spurs.Christ what a mess this season has been.Doubt we will renew three season tickets next season.Not that The Board cares one iota mind you.

No more signings tonight.

Still looking at bringing in free agents.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=40721

Aye, what happened to our Chairman's preference for a wheeler dealer? We are fecked. No Centre back/centre half. No striker and a weaker midfield. Personally, all expected and who in their right mind would come to a club on its heels? Edited by nedflanders123

gilmour should have stayed in south africa and not have bothered to have come back

the great leader returns and boom there goes hopes off staying up

hope they get buttons for club

put us fans through hell

and they want reward and glory

quick enough to be on pitch when winning cup

were have they been now

Aye, what happened to our Chairman's preference for a wheeler dealer? We are fecked. No Centre back/centre half. No striker and a weaker midfield. Personally, all expected and who in their right mind would come to aclyb on its heels?

Loanees. They'd come. We love a loanee. Sometimes we even give them a game, before sending them back. Cnuts still owe me a £40 refund for the 'Caprice' jersey I bought.

Ah well, we go with what we have. I am resigned to us struggling to pick up points during the rest if the season. The Board will get what they deserve and feel that a lot of trust and respect has gone between them and paying customers. Still feel their lack of communication has stoked this feeling.

We are where we are and can only pray Gary can bring in the necessary additions asap.

That's it in a nutshell. Kenny and his agent had us by the proverbial short and curly's. The only way he would 're-sign was via this type of deal. It is / was never a case of us having no backbone people need to get this into their heads.

I understand this but what were Kenny's options if we didnt agree to the low release clause? He either signed the contract or had to find a club who would pay the development fee (possibly set by a tribunal) or be frozen out the game? Surely the fact he didnt have options strengthened our hand?

Its all ifs n buts i guess but just damned infuriating when such a good talent goes for that amount when other clubs manage to get more for what we deem lesser talent.

I hope he does well, i'd enjoy if the dons beat Celtic to the league title and Kenny plays a part in that, a bit of me thinks we might see him back in a season similar to Ricky Gillies though I guess only time will tell.

Ah well, we go with what we have. I am resigned to us struggling to pick up points during the rest if the season. The Board will get what they deserve and feel that a lot of trust and respect has gone between them and paying customers. Still feel their lack of communication has stoked this feeling.

We are where we are and can only pray Gary can bring in the necessary additions asap.

Totally agree. I think the white flag went up today though. Grim.

Aye, what happened to our Chairman's preference for a wheeler dealer? We are fecked. No Centre back/centre half. No striker and a weaker midfield. Personally, all expected and who in their right mind would come to a club on its heels?

It wasn't a preference, it was an only option. Can you imagine trying to explain the McLean deal to a new manager other than Teale. Out the country for one deal, make sure your wee soldier runs a piss poor story about another deal and feed us a vomit inducing line about integrity and an agreement. Oh, you PR prankster how you pulled the wool over our eyes.

What happens to the £270k now then I wonder?

It'll finance Tommy Craig's gardening leave, most of the rest will cover the shortfall the club must be making this season after our early cup exits and some poor home attendances. Hopefully there will be enough left to get some decent cover for the CH/defensive midfield area, but it'll be one player at the most I suspect.

It'll finance Tommy Craig's gardening leave, most of the rest will cover the shortfall the club must be making this season after our early cup exits and some poor home attendances. Hopefully there will be enough left to get some decent cover for the CH/defensive midfield area, but it'll be one player at the most I suspect.

The board's ridiculous decision to give tommy craig the gig is coming home to roost.

Gross incompetence to allow such a miserly release fund or 'gentlemanly agreement' to be made. As others have said we didn't have to play that hand, the ball was essentially in our court.

They've made a right royal c*** of this season, both on and off the pitch.

At least their someone with some common sense

Indeed, the board make a monumental error in appointing Craig and the squad gets weakened to fund the cobbled resolution/clear out the spoil.

Indeed, the board make a monumental error in appointing Craig and the squad gets weakened to fund the cobbled resolution/clear out the spoil.

He was probably appointed because we have now funds. Where's the money coming from. Certainly not through the turnstiles and not out of the pockets of the board that's trying to sell.

if there was a gentleman's agreement, why the f was he not punted when the window opened to give us time to bring in some decent replacements. the board must have known its likely someone will come in for him and he'd be wanting to go. they should have touted him round the market to the highest bidder weeks ago. we would be in a much better place, now we are scrambling around like amateurs

Was it in McLean's contract the release trigger? All I've seen is an "agreement". If we have sold McLean for £1.5million less than Armstrong because of a gentleman's agreement then serious questions have to be asked.

Think the agreement was he signed a 2 year deal and could leave if a club he wanted to go to came in and offered an agreeable amount (agreeable for him that is), obviously I don't know what the figure would have been set at or even if a figure was set. Looks like he has gone to the highest bidder and the club kept their part of the agreement by not standing in his way. I dont think the club had much say in how much we got.