My New Years Day Football Experience

However part of the experience was walking up Murray street avoiding what can only be described as (most likely human) faeces. Although this is not directly owned by St Mirren this is still the main road for parking and walking to the ground and it as an absolute disaster. There should be a clean up of this road organised by the board. Let's up the standards here folks.

Have you ever tried pallying up with Stuart Dickson???

Instead of ranting on here, your points (valid maybe) would be better directed at the local councillor(S) for the area, not, the board of SMFC!

Let me know how you get on? whistling.gif

There was a sketch done on the" only an excuse" comedy and although it was presumably to raise a laugh it was more hard hitting than that. A one off public sporting event in Glasgow where the boat was pushed out that far for the fans that the coastguard were almost called in yet when Saturday comes and the local football fans turn up with their hard earned cash we get treated like shite.

First thing I thought of when I watched it this morning!

Friendly games? Celtic Park? = Does not compute!!!

We could debate this aw night, the point is the whole experience of going to watch our team, from the walk in, to trying to squeeze a thousand or so fans out a gate the width of a double door when there is a huge gate next to it, is shit! That includes everything in between, the atmosphere, the football on show, the lack of passion and flair from players up to board room. And then there is the stuff the club can't control, the pricing (clubs are forced into it due to high wage bill n running costs in football), poor officiating, dreadful and archaic statutes ( my three n six year old got there fruit shoots whipped off them) and awful fixture arrangements! This could go on a while.......

if your fruit shoots had the top seal intact then you should not have had them taken off the kids, a broken seal means the contents could have been replaced with alcohol, i've seen stewards at other grounds checking and allowing kids juice bottles to be taken in, we have a contract with the company who do our stewarding and they discuss procedures with the club, it must have been agreed that they would not allow any drinks containers at all (unless the bottle seals had been broken on your kids juice)

if your fruit shoots had the top seal intact then you should not have had them taken off the kids, a broken seal means the contents could have been replaced with alcohol, i've seen stewards at other grounds checking and allowing kids juice bottles to be taken in, we have a contract with the company who do our stewarding and they discuss procedures with the club, it must have been agreed that they would not allow any drinks containers at all (unless the bottle seals had been broken on your kids juice)

Seals were intact. The steward said containers capable of being thrown and causing injury were not allowed, which is correct. The whole issue of laws surrounding sporting events needs looked at!

Seals were intact. The steward said containers capable of being thrown and causing injury were not allowed, which is correct. The whole issue of laws surrounding sporting events needs looked at!

And yet we want to reinstate alchohol consumption at football ! We could have the farcical situation of adults being able to buy and drink beer but kids cannot take a fruit shoot to a game. The world's going mad it truly is.

On the morning of the game, I accidentally stood on a fox's jobby in my back garden, as I was putting some bird food out on the bird table.

I'm incandescent that someone from the club didn't clean it up at some point during the night.mad.gif

Someone from the club probably took offence to one of your posts on here and snuck in and did it!

Hardly the clubs fault. The manky seats should be cleaned as many pointed out on another thread but to ask them to clean the streets ? Seriously ?

Just a thought , does the OP regularly get his brush out to sweep the streets surrounding his house ?

He's probably not running a business from his house.

So businesses should be responsible for the cleanliness of streets in the vicinity of their business ? Not outside their business but nearby as Murray street is to St.Mirren ??

Seriously ??

Maybe the club should send some cleaners up to St.James Station to make sure it's gleaming when away supporters arrive.

Some potted plants might be in order too.

There are some real buffoons in our support.

I have been out the country recently so haven't made it to many games this season (lucky me by the sounds of things) but i was back and looking forward to the big New years game.

However part of the experience was walking up Murray street avoiding what can only be described as (most likely human) faeces. Although this is not directly owned by St Mirren this is still the main road for parking and walking to the ground and it as an absolute disaster. There should be a clean up of this road organised by the board. Let's up the standards here folks.

Wouldn't the companies love it for someone else to clean up their unadopted(possible not council own) road that their employers drive and walk to work without apparent hassle.

Murray street is obviously owned by the council and i doubt they would be happy for SMFC to be cleaning it up, and i've got serious doubts that it is a recognised venue for people who need a dump. I think someone needs a course in scatology, to enable them to determine the difference between human and dug/cat/fox shite.

Murray street is obviously owned by the council and i doubt they would be happy for SMFC to be cleaning it up, and i've got serious doubts that it is a recognised venue for people who need a dump. I think someone needs a course in scatology, to enable them to determine the difference between human and dug/cat/fox shite.

Tbf, I go along that road to every home game and I think the OP may just be exaggerating the mess of the pavements by comparing it to shite - I certainly don't remember having to run a gauntlet of big piles of shite, human or otherwise.

The pavements are a mess but only around the dip under the bridge that used to get flooded all the time. It doesn't appear to flood anymore but when they fixed that, they should have cleaned up and relaid the pavements aswell.

Are pavements similar to potholes in the road, whereby the council doesn't do anything about them until someone complains or puts a claim in?