Kenny Mclean

also think the bod might accept closer to 400 with add ons ,

think other english clubs will come in for him and price will start rising

As has been mentioned we couldn't find a club willing to pay the £300k compo last summer - what's he done since then to merit someone paying an extra £100k plus add ons?

Clubs down south pay the big money for potential - the MVP currently on our books is the 18-y-o Stephen Mallan not some has-been who's only days short of being 23! spudnikconfounded.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

McLean should not be sold for a penny under 500,000 and not until the end of the season.

Can't believe some on this thread think we can get "a few good players in" with 150k. Not a chance, keeping McLean and McGinn is our only chance of staying up unless serious money comes in to bring in new strikers & defenders.

Quite a stupid offer really.

Dundee United after 3m quid for Ciftci, they got the same for Robertson (stolen from Queens Park) and Gauld who came their youth system. They would want to 2m to 3m for Armstrong.

United are a little bigger than us, but not really by that much.

Ciftci certainly isn't much better than McLean.

Time to stop having the piss ripped out of us with these transfer offers. Stick a 1.5m each price tag on McLean & McGinn and let them negotiate down from there.

I know times have changed. I know we no longer operate in a world where the clubs hold all the aces, and players play second fiddle. I also know the days of us getting the likes of £980,000 for Ian Ferguson are long gone. Bosman and all that... however, Fleetwood? £150k for McLean?

Get to fcuk you chancers.

Is my genuine reaction.

Edited by pozbaird

Dundee United after 3m quid for Ciftci, they got the same for Robertson (stolen from Queens Park) and Gauld who came their youth system. They would want to 2m to 3m for Armstrong.

United are a little bigger than us, but not really by that much.

Ciftci certainly isn't much better than McLean.

Time to stop having the piss ripped out of us with these transfer offers. Stick a 1.5m each price tag on McLean & McGinn and let them negotiate down from there.

Dundee United are a much bigger club than St.Mirren, Unfortunately.

Yes he is, by a country mile.

Don't agree.

He plays in a better team, perhaps, but I do not accept the contention that he is a significantly better player than McLean. On his day McLean is one of the the best players in this league. He needs to work on his discipline and consistency, but he is a hugely accomplished player at this level.

There are a handful (if that) of players in the Scottish Premier League who I occasionally ooh and aah at when I watch them play - far fewer than, say 10 years ago - but McLean is genuinely one of them.

If Cifci is worth £3M, Kenny is easily worth £1.75M.... at least!

Don't agree.

He plays in a better team, perhaps, but I do not accept the contention that he is a significantly better player than McLean. On his day McLean is one of the the best players in this league. He needs to work on his discipline and consistency, but he is a hugely accomplished player at this level.

There are a handful (if that) of players in the Scottish Premier League who I occasionally ooh and aah at when I watch them play - far fewer than, say 10 years ago - but McLean is genuinely one of them.

If Cifci is worth £3M, Kenny is easily worth £1.75M.... at least!

McLean was a free agent in the summer and as far as we know, there was no interest in him at all. To suggest he's now worth £1.75m is ridiculous.

McLean was a free agent in the summer and as far as we know, there was no interest in him at all. To suggest he's now worth £1.75m is ridiculous.

Agreed. A player is only worth what another team is willing to pay, and at the moment it's nowhere near £1.75m.

I'm not advocating selling him for £150k...but upwards of £250k could give a decent pot to spend in January and bring in the 4 or 5 required to turn things around.

It's just an opinion and being a bit of a realist.

Think there was interest but no offer from Bournemouth.

Like you say, no one valued him at £350k or so in the summer. What has he done to add over £1m to his value?

Dundee United are not a much bigger club than St Mirren, not sure how you could even suggest that. Until recently they couldn't even be considered the biggest team in Dundee.

And Ciftci has 8 goals with a team competing for the title, he isn't a world beater.

Not sure why St Mirren fans feel the need to run down the positive aspects of our team so often. It's that sort of attitude and lack of ambition that sees us getting these ridiculous offers for good players!