Kenny Mclean

McLean isn't a superstar with EPL suitors, but he's a talent. With all due respect to Fleetwood, McLean and his agent should be aiming higher than that. I see no reason why (with a strong injury free season behind him), he couldn't attract attention from the type of club Simon Lappin signed for.

Whatever Kenny McLean sees as his career path, I'll bet you it isn't St Mirren to Fleetwood.

McLean was a free agent in the summer and as far as we know, there was no interest in him at all. To suggest he's now worth £1.75m is ridiculous.

No more ridiculous than to suggest he is less than half the player that Cifci is.

I know fine well that a player is only worth what someone is willing to pay for him, but you are the one who is suggesting that Cifci is a far better player, and I strongly dispute that.

United have a strong recent history of selling good young players and this falsely inflates the value of their players in comparison to their counterparts in this league. My point is that Cifci might hold a perceived value that is way beyond that of McLean, but that doesn't equate with him being a commensurately better player.

All in my opinion, of course.

Rangers got almost £1m for Lewis McLeod because Brentford were willing to offer that for him and their assistant manager was no doubt happy to help his old club out financially. He has played less games for Scotland U21's than McLean but has been called up for the full squad and whereas McLean left Rangers youth squad to join us as he wasn't getting enough games McLeod progressed from the youth squads into the first team.

Ultimately if Fleetwood don't have any other clubs competing with them to sign McLean they can offer what they like and see if the BoD take what's offered, McLean could be tempted by increased wages, and who knows if this has had anything to do with his display on 1st January if he knew then Fleetwood were about to make an offer?

Dundee United are not a much bigger club than St Mirren, not sure how you could even suggest that. Until recently they couldn't even be considered the biggest team in Dundee.

And Ciftci has 8 goals with a team competing for the title, he isn't a world beater.

Not sure why St Mirren fans feel the need to run down the positive aspects of our team so often. It's that sort of attitude and lack of ambition that sees us getting these ridiculous offers for good players!

There are no positive aspects in our team this season. Every player has poor and that includes McLean.

Dundee United are not a much bigger club than St Mirren, not sure how you could even suggest that. Until recently they couldn't even be considered the biggest team in Dundee.

And Ciftci has 8 goals with a team competing for the title, he isn't a world beater.

Not sure why St Mirren fans feel the need to run down the positive aspects of our team so often. It's that sort of attitude and lack of ambition that sees us getting these ridiculous offers for good players!

Don't think anyone has run down Kenny's ability, but we have less than 5 months to save

our skins, and if it requires us to sell one of our better players while hopefully strengthening

the team with 4 or 5 much needed signings it's a gamble we have got to take..

There are no positive aspects in our team this season. Every player has poor and that includes McLean.

Doesn't help when the former manager didn't play him to his strengths

He has picked up recently as he has been moved forward

He isn't a centre forward but he is a midfield player who can score goals

Even on Thurs he picked up the ball went pass 3 players and set up Kelly who mucked up all his good work

He's our best player and will get better

Don't think anyone has run down Kenny's ability, but we have less than 5 months to save

our skins, and if it requires us to sell one of our better players while hopefully strengthening

the team with 4 or 5 much needed signings it's a gamble we have got to take..

I don't see those players out there unless you're buying in a Jan window

An offer of £150 k for a player of MCLean's ability ?

Ffs what an insult to us as a club, , the player himself and the reputation of St Mirren.

Just shows what some others think of us and where we have fallen when you look at recent rumours for offers and valuations for players of Hamilton , Rangers ffs , and Dundee Utd

Fleetwood ffs get a tram and get tae f**k

Kenny is only worth what a club is willing to pay for him and what we're willing to accept.

We are not a fashionable club like United,Aberdeen. Even Falkirk and Accies have received huge fees. We don't talk up our talented young players enough. Maybe DL was too modest about them and didn't want to heap pressure on the likes of McGinn.

Kennys problem has always been consistency. When he is on form he is a joy to watch. Sadly he can go off the boil for a few games. I heard Teale say he has been brilliant all season, I'd argue he has played his best stuff since TC departed.

I think even if Fleetwood doubled the offer he'd be looking at playing for a bigger club. Maybe we leaked the story to alert other clubs to create interest.

This offer and the way its been made public (not by Fleetwood) remind me of that python scetch in life of Bruan where Eric Idle makes Brian haggle with him.

Idle: what 150000 for this under 21 capped midfielder, are ny ears deceiving me?

Fleetwood: yeah soz about that what about 250000?

idle: 250000 for a scottish football legend who can get him self sent off for handbagging it? (Haggle with me, offer me 125000)

Edited by Lord Pityme

An offer of £150 k for a player of MCLean's ability ?

Ffs what an insult to us as a club, , the player himself and the reputation of St Mirren.

Just shows what some others think of us and where we have fallen when you look at recent rumours for offers and valuations for players of Hamilton , Rangers ffs , and Dundee Utd

Fleetwood ffs get a tram and get tae f**k

Don't you see ? The Argies got Fleetwood to make the bid just to create some interest in the King. .

wondering if it was St Mirren that encouraged the bid from Fleetwood to be made public , with a view of alerting other clubs to the fact that Kenny McLean is available at the right price ,

Hopefully we will have a new manager in place soon , and some of the money from the transfer fee can be used to strengthen the squad in key areas.

wondering if it was St Mirren that encouraged the bid from Fleetwood to be made public , with a view of alerting other clubs to the fact that Kenny McLean is available at the right price ,

Hopefully we will have a new manager in place soon , and some of the money from the transfer fee can be used to strengthen the squad in key areas.

McLean transfer money allows us to strengthen in key areas? A CB and striker?

Fair enough, but even if we DO bring in those players, we will have just lost our most talented creative midfielder, who could play up front when required, delivers a sweet dead ball, is a scoring threat from free kicks, is reliable from the penalty spot, and, like Charlie Adam, is capable of belting them from forty yards out.

How are we going to fill that hole?

McLean transfer money allows us to strengthen in key areas? A CB and striker?

Fair enough, but even if we DO bring in those players, we will have just lost our most talented creative midfielder, who could play up front when required, delivers a sweet dead ball, is a scoring threat from free kicks, is reliable from the penalty spot, and, like Charlie Adam, is capable of belting them from forty yards out.

How are we going to fill that hole?

Sometimes we have to let our better players go , to be fair to them , its why young players might sign for a club like Saints , because they will be given a chance in the first team , and will be allowed to go and progress to a bigger club if a decent offer comes in.

At this period in time we have a small squad that needs strengthening , and a player that is sought after and who could maybe be sold to firstly balance the clubs books , and secondly generate a wee bit of money to add three or four players to the squad.

In an ideal world I would have liked us to keep Kenny McLean , but if selling him means we can bring in a central defender , a striker and an attacking midfielder during the break , then selling him might not be such a bad thing.

But first and foremost we need to appoint a manager , who is able to identify a couple of decent transfer targets.