Takeover Talks Cancelled With English Buyers

oaksoft

I believe they have internet in South Africa and if you type the name "Thavar Mohammed" into Google, his fraud case is at the top of the list.

Indeed. Would be interesting to know how recently they became aware he was involved. If it was only yesterday then fair enough but if they've known for a few weeks then it shouldn't have got this far.

They found out in time though so fair play to them for that - although the screenshot from Twitter suggests it may not be dead yet.

Indeed. Would be interesting to know how recently they became aware he was involved. If it was only yesterday then fair enough but if they've known for a few weeks then it shouldn't have got this far.

They found out in time though so fair play to them for that - although the screenshot from Twitter suggests it may not be dead yet.

Hasn't stopped that prick Lex from having ago at David Thompson on twitter. What a wanker !

Those checks should have been carried out at initial stages.Doubt it would have been SG as he is in South Africa apparently.Now can The Board get on with things like appointing a permanent Manager who hopefully can guide us out the mess we are in

Absolutely ! I've just googled the guys name and found this why could the board have done this ...... http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/friend-helped-blaydon-hotel-boss-4439370

Did we drop the asking price to £1.4m?

"A FRAUDSTER boasting Caribbean connections posed as a £1m buyer to help a Tyneside hotel boss keep his creditors at bay.

Thavar Mohammed said he was purchasing the Hotel Michelangelo in Blaydon, where owner Paolo Pieri was fighting bankruptcy and debt.

Sharp-suited Mohammed claimed he was representing a firm with the funds to seal the £1.4m deal.

Contracts were drawn up after he produced documents showing another of his alleged companies – Private Capital Bank – had the money to pay the £600,000 deposit from its base in the Dominican Republic.

But Mohammed was running an intricate fraud to help his friend Mr Pieri stay afloat, Newcastle Crown Court heard."

For doing what they are obliged to do?

Do you reserve special thanks for the waiter in a restaurant each time he serves you soup that doesn't have a bawhair in it?

Div, I require the functionality to "like" posts multiple times. Thank you.

That made me laugh at the end of a spectacularly shit day. Thanks Drew.

To be completely honest, I doubt we will ever find the fabled Saints fans takeover group. It's a fantasy.

Fair play to the board, doing their homework first on the potential new owners.

However if the deal is off they can get the finger out and sort out the manager and squad issues at hand.

http://asia.eurosport.com/football/st-mirren-takeover-talks-cancelled_sto4539165/story.shtml

f**k Sakes!

Anyone who thinks the current board don't care about our club need to read this.

If it's true, a few posters on here need to shut their mouths and trust the board.

Stewart Gilmour could easily have ignored this and we'd have potentially been in the shit.

I wouldnt like to see our club in the hands of a muslim. Not a racist by any means but my personal opinion is they have a different set of morals and would put themselves before the club.

Assuming that is his religion of course.

When the crisps and biscuits go out of date in the shop they put a discount sticker on them covering the date. So they would probably issue thommo with a fake birth certificate and sell him for 19p before the window shuts.

We should be owned by our own.

I wouldnt like to see our club in the hands of a muslim. Not a racist by any means but my personal opinion is they have a different set of morals and would put themselves before the club.

Assuming that is his religion of course.

When the crisps and biscuits go out of date in the shop they put a discount sticker on them covering the date. So they would probably issue thommo with a fake birth certificate and sell him for 19p before the window shuts.

We should be owned by our own.

Wind-up, right?

Why would the "English consortium" require a broker?

Why would they pick a broker with such an easily exposed nefarious past?

Why would they pick as their manager someone with, seemingly, no coaching experience at any level?

I believe they have internet in South Africa and if you type the name "Thavar Mohammed" into Google, his fraud case is at the top of the list.

So, not too difficult to find out then, and could've/should've been done really easily at an early stage?

FFS, maybe they'll start checking the Facebook profiles of any potential buyers!!