Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

Today's paper in Girona states that the Argentinian group have formally withdrawn any interest in purchasing Girona FC. It also indicates that they are now looking at other clubs in Spain. No mention of St.Mirren. The only hope for Girona FC avoiding bankruptcy seems to be Pere Guardiola. Not a typo, it's his brother.

Edited by mjb

I predict this will end with no deal ever being completed and then explained away by saying - nothing - as in "nothing has been heard from the buyers since the deal was agreed on" Lesson learned though, as SG stated a few times "this board will only announce developments at the club when they are completed" any tittle tattle meantime will not have come from the board. If anyone wants to tell me different then tell me the name of your source or at the very least tell me if it was one of the board or not.

I predict this will end with no deal ever being completed and then explained away by saying - nothing - as in "nothing has been heard from the buyers since the deal was agreed on" Lesson learned though, as SG stated a few times "this board will only announce developments at the club when they are completed" any tittle tattle meantime will not have come from the board. If anyone wants to tell me different then tell me the name of your source or at the very least tell me if it was one of the board or not.

Nope.whistling.gif

From what I have read the a English consortium plans for the club looked good!

Don't know how good David Thompson as manager would have been but putting a Hotel and Airport parking seems good business sense to me.

if the St.Mirren board new this cosultant had a fraud conviction why did they not ask him not to be involved in the deal?

Don't think the board are playing fair with the fans!

Question's fans deaerve answers too?

Whats going on with the Argentine consortium?

What plans do the Aregintine have for St.Mirren?

How much did the English consortium offer to buy the club for?

How much are the Argies offering?

The board did save the club but also to a man got there money back with the Tesco deal!

So are the board that saved the club now looking to make money out the sale of the club!

If so fair enough but if that means selling to the South Americans for more money when the English consortium deal was better for the club is that acting in the best intrest of the club?

Stuart Gilmour to the press is where I get my info mate said it in the papers.

With the Tesco deal we used it to pay for the New ground training complex and board members got there money back.

Was that not money that had been loaned to the club? Cant see them having got the money back that they used to purchase the shares in the first place.

Was that not money that had been loaned to the club? Cant see them having got the money back that they used to purchase the shares in the first place.

correct, They are now trying to sell their shares, Tesco did not buy any shares, loans were repaid at agreed interest rates as you would expect. The money used to buy shares as part of having to underwrite the share issue when the club needed cash is what they hope to recoup now, this was money they had spent long before the situation of the ground being sold was even thought of

Edited by buddiecat

Don't know how good David Thompson as manager would have been but putting a Hotel and Airport parking seems good business sense to me.

if the St.Mirren board new this cosultant had a fraud conviction why did they not ask him not to be involved in the deal?

The board did save the club but also to a man got there money back with the Tesco deal!

So are the board that saved the club now looking to make money out the sale of the club!

If so fair enough but if that means selling to the South Americans for more money when the English consortium deal was better for the club is that acting in the best intrest of the club?

Apparently the board were informed early enough into the English consortium showing interest, about the convictions of the fella.

you do know there was an airport car park next to the stadium. why do you think it closed. I stay at the air. Port hotels on a regular. basis they fight each other for trade. It may. Sound a good idea but.clearly you could tell they were not local Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

you do know there was an airport car park next to the stadium. why do you think it closed. I stay at the air. Port hotels on a regular. basis they fight each other for trade. It may. Sound a good idea but.clearly you could tell they were not local

There still is an airport car park next to SMP.I park in it most home games as it's half the price of our car park.

I talked to Stewart Gilmour a couple of times last year about the sale of the club and he was certain then that he was selling to a completely different consortium. So certain indeed, that he bought my shares from me to help him get to 75%.

Therefore, I would take with a pinch of salt any stories about a deal being agreed with an Argie consortium.

I talked to Stewart Gilmour a couple of times last year about the sale of the club and he was certain then that he was selling to a completely different consortium. So certain indeed, that he bought my shares from me to help him get to 75%.

Therefore, I would take with a pinch of salt any stories about a deal being agreed with an Argie consortium.

Reports of Facundo Sava to come in as manager. I've given up taking any of it seriously. Even Div's contact, whomever it is, could be working with an ever changing mosaic of facts and bullshit.

No they didn't.

They haven't got any money back for all the shares they bought (and which the St. Mirren support had the opportunity to buy but ignored).

Hence why they are trying to sell the shares!

I'm assuming he was referring to any additional capital they sank into the club to bail it out over and above their shares?

So who are the other consortium that you speak of.