Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

If they have bought shares they have not registered them, the only change to shares at Companies house is SMiSA buying shares, I suggest this would be a good time to join SMiSA if you want a voice going forward.

I seem to remember GLS's shares being included to make up the 75%. It was definitely mentioned a few months ago when there was speculation about other buyers.

Nervous about it but agree we need to give them the opportunity to prove themselves. What's the alternative? Things staying as they are isn't any good. I'm not too hung up on the "they don't know scottish football" argument. As others have pointed out, TC knows it inside out but was still disastrous.

I'll keep an open mind. We already have a tough few months ahead to stay up, but this has to be about more than that

I am hearing that the club has been sold and our new owners will take over at some point this week.

They are from Argentina, so get your money on the new manager being South American.

Exciting, and absolutely terrifying in equal measure.

Hold on to your hats !

Well no surprise really.

What it means is that the BoD had finally achieved its goal ( to some extent ) it must have been increasingly hellish for SG etal as the hassle and pressure and time dragged by in their aim to leave their hot seats.

Now it remains to be seen whether S G will achieve his wish to attend ST mirren as a fan and shout at the new board !

So , another British club goes to overseas ownership , no great change in trend there, however what it means now for cash in , players and any kind of plan gawd only knows.

I like most others probably am pleased and worried in equal measure, I cannot be and never have been thrilled with any form of foreign ownership, but you know what, if it means we go forward winning more games than we lose , I'll take that for now.

A new San Meeren is certainly round the corner. So what about those Argentinian steaks then ,maybe Ossie Ardilles as an advisor

Oh jeezuzphuckinwept !

... and if this had happened, let's say at the time of 10000hours, then I would be inclined to agree - new energy etc, and the selling consortium being happy these guys were completely sound as a pound.

However, this is not happening just after they announced the club was up for sale. It is happenening after five years of being unable to sell, with a stupor surrounding the whole club, and absolute shite hitting the fan with our league position and results. In many posts I expressed my opinion that having been here for the long run, the selling consortium have earned the right to be trusted that they would never knowingly sell to anyone but 'the right people to take St Mirren forward'. I think that was their words.

If this news is true, then do I feel excited about fresh new owners? New signings? A bit of investment? Exciting plans for commercial expansion? Developing the ground? Engaging with the support and community?....

Sorry, no, I don't. I fear that the selling consortium's steely resolve has been eroded over the failure of 10000hours, and subsequent failure to sell at all. This whole thing troubles me. Anything that kicks off with a consortium automatically installing a manager of a certain nationality troubles me. Didn't we just have fifty applications for the manager's position? What about appointing the person deemed the best applicant, no matter if they are Scottish, English, Spanish or Albanian.

The whole thing about a new owner shoving in what appears to be a puppet of their choosing is only headed for tears IMHO. That's before we even get to know how they are funding the buy-out, who they are, and a hundred other questions. Will they be absent landlords? Are they going to work within existing budgets? Have they heard of Vladimir Romanov?....

Are we looking at a St Mirren team of Ridgers, Vasquez, Gomez, Goodwin, McLean, Lopez....

That isn't St Mirren. That's someone's plaything. I'm currently not thinking Man City and Sheik Mansoor, I'm thinking the Venkys and Blackburn.

Aye, pretty much my thoughts.

I don't want to be unduly negative and cynical about this development, but I can't pretend that I am optimistic about how it will play out.

Is there not a guy called Murray acting for them who was also involve in the McGeoch shenanigans of a couple of years back? If so, I can't imagine that bodes well.

I agree that they, as any new owners would, deserve a chance. As we all know, a forum is about opinions. My opinion is we should, as a support, think long and hard about Massone and Livingston, Romanov and Hearts.

Hearts fans were jumping around wearing Russian hats and lapping it up, then they ended up wanting to kill Vlad with their bare hands.

We have seen Hearts, Rangers, Livvy, Dundee, Gretna....

Have these guys? We should be asking the same questions we asked of the selling consortium and 10000hours... Will the new consortium and outgoing selling consortium give us the opportunity to quiz them face to face, as you cannot argue, REA did?

Edited by pozbaird

At the moment all we know is that the new owners will be Argentinian.

It's as foolish to start forecasting failure, asset stripping and Armageddon as it is to be forecasting champions league qualification, titles and the new Messi strutting his stuff in Feegie.

At this stage we know next to nothing about them. Let's wait and see what transpires and at least give them a chance.

That said, as soon as they are in place I will be joining SMiSA, just in case !!

Feeling positive about the Argentinians , theres lots of other places where they could have invested , and I can understand why they chose to look at Motherwell before us ( bigger crowds / higher league finishes / regularly in Europe ) .

The new owners will hopefully come in with enthusiasm , and a gameplan.

And realistically its not as if the land the ground is built on is worth a fortune.

Looking forward to seeing some new faces and seeing Saints put a coupkle of wins together

If they have bought shares they have not registered them, the only change to shares at Companies house is SMiSA buying shares, I suggest this would be a good time to join SMiSA if you want a voice going forward.

Definitely a good time to bump up SMISA membership, because if the new owners want to back out at any time then we could have a fund in place to make a bid.

It's as foolish to start forecasting failure, asset stripping and Armageddon as it is to be forecasting champions league qualification, titles and the new Messi strutting his stuff in Feegie.

At this stage we know next to nothing about them. Let's wait and see what transpires and at least give them a chance.

That said, as soon as they are in place I will be joining SMiSA, just in case !!

You got www.afcsaintmirrenfc.com registered yet?

I agree that they, as any new owners would, deserve a chance. As we all know, a forum is about opinions. My opinion is we should, as a support, think long and hard about Massone and Livingston, Romanov and Hearts.

Hearts fans were jumping around wearing Russian hats and lapping it up, then they ended up wanting to kill Vlad with their bare hands.

We have seen Hearts, Rangers, Livvy, Dundee, Gretna....

Have these guys? We should be asking the same questions we asked of the selling consortium and 10000hours... Will the new consortium and outgoing selling consortium give us the opportunity to quiz them face to face, as you cannot argue, REA did?

I think the main difference is that even people who are positive about this change of ownership, recognise the fact that things could quite easily go tits up.

Other than my tongue in cheek reference to European football, I haven't noticed anybody jumping about for joy and forecasting endless riches for the club, both in terms of money or on field success.

Experience has told us that these situations, where foreign ownership is involved*, can often result in disaster. Therefore, although there's a sense of relief that change is afoot and that we might survive relegation and thrive in the SPL (or whatever its called), this is tempered by the fact that there's a lot of uncertainty.

As Div says, let's wait and see what the new owner's opening gambit is before we start weeping and wailing.

*Just in case people think that I've developed a case of rampant Xenophobia, UK based consortiums, sometimes involving fan ownership, are equally capable of making an arse of clubs too.

Most St Mirren supporters should have joined by now. We are the only option left and have been around for the longest. Remember, our numbers are on the increase and the more members we get the better the negotiations round the table with any owner/director.

Jim C

Ok I'll start. We just need Juan centre back and Juan centre forward and we're sorted

New board member with dual Scottish/Argentine nationality to be appointed to the board.

Name?

Juan Kerr.

Plenty of candidates on here for that position if that's the name.whistling.gif

Okay ,that's my hand-wringing out the way. We are a shambles in any event so this is just another chapter in the St Mirren saga that will doubtless throw up all kinds of issues, and there is hee haw that my fretting will do to influence that.

At least it won't be dull....

I'm not sure how this is going to pan out but one thing is certain, we were going down for definite with the current set up. When we hear what they have to say and what their plans are we can perhaps make an informed judgement. This takeover will at least, if nothing else, lift some of the apathy that has surrounded the club for far too long.

I'm not sure how this is going to pan out but one thing is certain, we were going down for definite with the current set up. When we hear what they have to say and what their plans are we can perhaps make an informed judgement. This takeover will at least, if nothing else, lift some of the apathy that has surrounded the club for far too long.

Aye, it's like we've won the Cup again.

Where's the Open Top Bus ?