Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

I can see possibilities of the club and stadium being sold Clydebank style to a new club being formed from the ashes of an old, dead-again outfit... Especially if there was an SPFL membership going with it....

It would need money for that to come to pass, though. Nearly£2m, the sort of dosh it would take 30 or 40,000 fans to amass.

Is there any group out there would/could do that?

The above is a more realistic bit of speculation than most of the dross posted in this thread.

Be careful what you wish for...

Aye, sell Murray park, buy SMFC use SMP as new training ground and ralston for the youths/all-weather training ground, SPFL status (that may be the flaw in the plan) just need a new name - suggestions ?

Could this possibly be what the BOD are holding out for.

Edited by buddiecat

Aye, sell Murray park, buy SMFC use SMP as new training ground and ralston for the youths/all-weather training ground, SPFL status (that may be the flaw in the plan) just need a new name - suggestions ?

Could this possibly be what the BOD are holding out for.

Not a flaw, perhaps, sadly...That could be the genius in their plan.

If they can't get SPFL status legitimately - it could be bought.

I am sure the SPFL and SFA would bend over for whatever they say...

Gilmour told me that Hell would freeze over before such a fate would befall the club. This was around the time of McGeochgate.

He also told us he'd be bringing in a replacement for Craig who would be a wheeler-dealer....

I await the unveiling of our new blue, red, and white striped.

Word!

Heard the Dutch/Kuwati consortium may be planning a smear campaign to put the many other prospective bidders off the club and the town. At these times it is incumbent on us all to stay alert to any 'Johnny Foreigners' coming over here clogging up our media.

Haven't noticed anything yet but think on to a phrase from WW2... loose lips, sink shit-holes,

I don't think this appointment necessarily means the "Argie deal" is dead.

It could be part of the plan. It's not at all unusual for things to be put in place before legalities are concluded.

It makes total sense to have someone with local knowledge running your commercial dept.

Edited by Tony Fitzy

It doesnt mean anything for the Argie bid, it could be a scene-setter and clear the decks appointment or it might be that the board have accepted that they are lumbered with the club and need to make a fist of taking it forward.

In the absence of any info from those in charge, all speculation is futile

Disagree. In the absence of any info' from those in charge, speculation, guessing, pondering the possibilities and posting our thoughts / guesses is the lifeblood of this or any other fan forum.

Argie bid is pan breid'.... that's my ill-informed guess.

I don't think this appointment necessarily means the "Argie deal" is dead.

It could be part of the plan. It's not at all unusual for things to be put in place before legalities are concluded.

It makes total sense to have someone with local knowledge running your commercial dept.

But not your club.1eye.gif

I think the question that has to be asked now is "Why is the club proving to be so difficult to sell"?

After all, we are debt free and have a brand new stadium and training complex. This should all be very attractive to potential buyers you would think. Obviously it is not so attractive though.

It seems it is more fashionable/economically beneficial to buy a club that is up to it's neck in debt. More money to be made in this type of scenario rather than ours it would seem.

I think the question that has to be asked now is "Why is the club proving to be so difficult to sell"?

After all, we are debt free and have a brand new stadium and training complex. This should all be very attractive to potential buyers you would think. Obviously it is not so attractive though.

It seems it is more fashionable/economically beneficial to buy a club that is up to it's neck in debt. More money to be made in this type of scenario rather than ours it would seem.

Who would want to own a football club ? If I won 20 million on the lotto would give Saints a couple of million for a life time seat and hospitality. To own the club would be nuts there is no pleasing the fans , in other words full of hassle

Why would it be "very attractive"?

The club hasn't made a significant profit in any financial year since Stewart Gilmour became Chairman. Turnover is flat. There's no sign of significant new revenue coming in either from sponsorship, TV Rights, or from any significant commercial activity within the club. The facilities at SMP have only modest potential for income generation. The dome was put in as an after thought to try to generate some income on non matchdays - at a guess I would say it turns a small profit but nothing significant. And the training ground at Ralston is not owned by St Mirren, it's owned by Renfrewshire Council and let to St Mirren on a medium term contract which restricts St Mirren's ability to use the facility to generate income. There doesn't even seem to be the prospect of a large latent support returning to St Mirren if results start going the clubs way because the last major trophy won in 2013 did not see any significant increase in supporter numbers either before or after the final. I'd imagine to any outsider looking in the club would appear to be at the top of their potential right now and the club is still struggling year on year to turn a profit.

I would suggest the Club is vastly underutilising its resources. St Johnstone allegedly pull in more than £1M per annum than we do from their commercial activities. And allegedly they employ six marketing staff to our one. And they have a smaller fan-base and fewer resources. Can more be made from commercial activity? Certainly 10K Hours thought so.

We have a huge empty void, car park and spare ground that does not generate any income. Surely these areas could be used to generate some income? (Sunday markets, wee concerts, hire for local groups and clubs etc?)

I appreciate that some investment may be required in some areas but not all areas. The biggest problem at the moment is inertia. I reckon people with the correct outlook and drive could generate far more than we do just now. I am not blaming the current BOD either. I know they are trying to extract themselves from a situation they do not want to be in so it is no surprise they have lost all enthusiasm. However I still think resources are underutilised.