Alan Gow Training With Us.

"Gowswer has done well," Teale said.

I'll say up front that I often find the way footballers bastardise each others names to be childish and embarrassing. However I equally appreciate it's not a big deal, frankly who cares.

I do wonder however whether Tealy Teale would do himself a favor by dropping this habit now that he is the man in charge. A simple "Alan Gow has...." would, imho, seem more professional and inspiring coming from the Manager of St Mirren Football Club.

Genuinely interested, am I being a total bellend thinking this, or does anyone have similar thoughts?

I agree. It's largely symptomatic of the whole world basically going to shit.

I'll say up front that I often find the way footballers bastardise each others names to be childish and embarrassing. However I equally appreciate it's not a big deal, frankly who cares.

I do wonder however whether Tealy Teale would do himself a favor by dropping this habit now that he is the man in charge. A simple "Alan Gow has...." would, imho, seem more professional and inspiring coming from the Manager of St Mirren Football Club.

Genuinely interested, am I being a total bellend thinking this, or does anyone have similar thoughts?

On balance, I have to agree.

In saying that, I often refer to people in my team by nicknames - "haw, fannybaws, you finished that report yet?"

Since your asking I actually prefer the less formal approach and I find it more natural and friendly. To be honest I don't like managers who feel they have to change their behaviour in order to command respect.

Since your asking I actually prefer the less formal approach and I find it more natural and friendly. To be honest I don't like managers who feel they have to change their behaviour in order to command respect.

Correct Mr Porker whistling.gif

With regards to us bringing in players, we need to remember it's only free agents we can sign.

If you're a free agent in mid February you're a free agent for a reason; you're not very good.

We have money to spend on wages, but we're going to be scraping the barrel in terms of quality. Like Alan Gow. Either that or sign no one.

With regards to us bringing in players, we need to remember it's only free agents we can sign.

If you're a free agent in mid February you're a free agent for a reason; you're not very good.

We have money to spend on wages, but we're going to be scraping the barrel in terms of quality. Like Alan Gow. Either that or sign no one.

They might not be very good, but they're still likely to be better than those we have.

Our team is poor. Naismith hopeless at defending, Kelly is too slow, mallan good prospect but will be inconsistent at times and it's unfair on him having to play well in a team that's going down, mcginn having a hopeless season but will return to form probably not in a saints top.tho. Reilly ,cheesy,Wylde not great but at least cheesy tries. Sorry but the teams pish and people need to stop kidding on we have good young players as they ain't that good certainly not as good as other teams. McLean was our top man out only hope

Without him were doomed

Our team is poor. Naismith hopeless at defending, Kelly is too slow, mallan good prospect but will be inconsistent at times and it's unfair on him having to play well in a team that's going down, mcginn having a hopeless season but will return to form probably not in a saints top.tho. Reilly ,cheesy,Wylde not great but at least cheesy tries. Sorry but the teams pish and people need to stop kidding on we have good young players as they ain't that good certainly not as good as other teams. McLean was our top man out only hope

Without him were doomed

It's a 3 way league with 3 utter pish teams, McLean was our only bit of quality and now he is gone, who can blame him.

Out of all the squad I would keep Mallan and McLear as they are only young, possibly keep Tess as well but the rest can go, clean slate needed at the end of the season no matter if we stay up or go down.

Will we win at home this season? It's amazing were still actually in a relegation battle as we really ought to be down by now

Did it not take Partick Thistle until about March last year before they got a home win and they stayed up despite their home form? (Admittedly I think they got a lot more draws at home than we have done this season).