excited biggrin.png

i would now set the team up something like this

ridgers

Naismith cheesy genev tess

goody mcginn

snoopy Dayton

sadlier

Thomson

or mabe try new formation?? away from home??

ridgers

goody genev tess

Naismith mcginn Kelly

snoopy Dayton

sadlier

Thomson

thoughts...?

no mallan as i recon rest would be need and gow could come in aswell although im sure they will all have their part to play

a defender?? we have signed a DFENDER :o o m g :D

Edited by jama

Senility is clearly setting in with me. Having read this thread I seem to have mistakenly interpretated that the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co have signed a footballer that has a preffered position in the middle of the defence, the centre half position if you will.

Clearly I am off my rocker, barking at the moon and away with thon fairies.

This imaginary centre half could partner Cheesey allowing us to push James Goodwin into midfield. Surely such a sensible move indicates my mind is no longer my own.

Pure mental I am, pure mental indeed.

Edited by TediousTom

If Genev cannot pass to his nearest marked team-mate he is no good to us. If he insists on passing sideways to allow the opposition to get all their players behind the ball he is no good to us. If he insists on heading the ball forwards and not straight up in the air he is no good to us. If he attacks the ball he is no good to us. We have a defensive style which I hope he can fit in to. Fingers crossed :)

The chance for a central defensive partnership that isn't Cheesy and Goodwin, Cheesy and Naismith, Cheesy and Tesselar, Cheesy and Baird, Cheesy and Toast....

Not fair implying that Cheesy is always the baddie! What abount this "AND" fella who's always there as well (I've never noticed the 3 at the back).

In the PDE they reported Cheesy had a race against time to be fit.

My monies on time as I don't think Cheesy has won a race yet this season.whistling.gif

What is a source of constant bemusement to me is the complete lack of communication by the BoD to the support on most subjects regarding the future of the club. Which seems at loggerheads to the policy of telling anyone who walks past the main entrance all the necessary details for another club to 'gazump' an impending signing!

Other clubs don't need scouting networks, they just need to read BAWA and hing around Ralston or Greenhill Rd with a slightly better contract.

Senility is clearly setting in with me. Having read this thread I seem to have mistakenly interpretated that the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co have signed a footballer that has a preffered position in the middle of the defence, the centre half position if you will.

Clearly I am off my rocker, barking at the moon and away with thon fairies.

This imaginary centre half could partner Cheesey allowing us to push James Goodwin into midfield. Surely such a sensible move indicates my mind is no longer my own.

Pure mental I am, pure mental indeed.

If we don't drop cheesy now we never will! I'd keep Goodwin at CH cos as soon as you move him into midfield he'll start picking up cards again since he's got no pace

Not fair implying that Cheesy is always the baddie! What abount this "AND" fella who's always there as well (I've never noticed the 3 at the back).

In the PDE they reported Cheesy had a race against time to be fit.

My monies on time as I don't think Cheesy has won a race yet this season.:whistle

Just for clarity, I never said Cheesy was the bad guy, good guy, or just an OK guy! It does however appear that with a full squad to choose from, recent managers' preferred CB pairing always features Cheesy. In reply to Kendo's post I put forward my view that if Genev signs, it gives Gary Teale the option to pair Genev with A.N. Other that isn't called Cheesy.

Edited by pozbaird

If we don't drop cheesy now we never will! I'd keep Goodwin at CH cos as soon as you move him into midfield he'll start picking up cards again since he's got no pace

........Kello.......

kelly,newguy,cheesy,nesmith

....osbourne..goodwin...

sadlier..mcginn..soupe

.......aquinn.........

keep this team till the end of the season...............8 draws will do thank you very much