No Swearing Now!

So, as I have admitted that I watch matches without annoying anyone near me, but maybe once or twice during games I will blurt out 'Fcuk sake Collum' or 'Bloody hell ref, get the card out!' - when a controversial decision happens - you are telling me I have anger management issues? Are you telling me I have a problem that needs medical help?

If I am at a roundabout and a ned in a souped-up Corsa cuts me up, and I shout (in the confines of my own vehicle) 'For fcuk sake!'... Does this mean I should abort my trip to Tesco for milk and chocolate hob nobs, and go home to phone NHS 24.

Please inform me. Thanks.

Banging your head off a brick wall there, Poz. Have you never noticed Oaky's demeanour? Mr.Calmness personified with every post consistently couched in the most moderate tones imaginable. Never, ever even an infinitesimal trace of anger. Oh, I don't think so. Do you think Oaky has a big circle of friends?

Remember folks - next h

Banging your head off a brick wall there, Poz. Have you never noticed Oaky's demeanour? Mr.Calmness personified with every post consistently couched in the most moderate tones imaginable. Never, ever even an infinitesimal trace of anger. Oh, I don't think so. Do you think Oaky has a big circle of friends?

Fcuk knows?

Or you could just sit there like a normal human being and say nothing.

Is that a stretch for you?

Tut, tut! You're a charming fellow, aren't you? Humour bypass? huh.png

I don't swear at matches.

Which means you're the one stretching it. rolleyes.gif

Eat your Snickers, oaksoft, you know you're not the same when you're angry hungry.

Remember folks... next time an opposition player tries a shot at goal, and totally skews it out for a throw-in... Feel free to join in with a chorus of that old music hall favourite 'What the fcukin' hell was that!'. After the game, REA will be hosting anger management classes and a laundry session in the main stand. Tea and biscuits will be provided.

post-5834-0-73304000-1425376945_thumb.jp

Remember folks... next time an opposition player tries a shot at goal, and totally skews it out for a throw-in... Feel free to join in with a chorus of that old music hall favourite 'What the fcukin' hell was that!'. After the game, REA will be hosting anger management classes and a laundry session in the main stand. Tea and biscuits will be provided.

attachicon.gifVARIETY.jpg

Is the laundry lesson for the guys (guy) who shits his knickers at the bad words?

Why on earth would I shout at all and why are so many of you mistaking anger management problems for passion?

I'm genuinely baffled by this.

Seriously - it's possible that this is a social class thing.

I might have grown up on a council estate but I don't live there now.

Neither have I taken the estate with me. I left the needless animal-like aggression behind me years ago.

I don't work or live amongst people with anger management issues.

Certainly in my work environment if you had anger management issues you'd be isolated very quickly.

I have zero anger management issues but swear occasionally. To say anyone who swears has anger management issues is miles wide of the mark. Put the amatuer psychology books down now - it's for your own good !

Swearing at a football match is NOT passion. It's a problem of anger management.

Why are you assuming that quiet people have no passion? Is this your genuine belief?

:lol:

So the odd swear word and you need anger management. That's a classic!

I didn't assume that quiet folk don't have passion, you just did that yourself. You assumed that's what I was saying, which it wasn't. You claimed that sitting at the football saying NOTHING is normal, I beg to differ.

I enjoy banter. (You wouldn't have noticed)

But the daily grind of being token Jock and playing up to it perhaps takes its toll.

Not every quip from them is meant in fun

I certainly didn't notice it. The lack of obvious humour was my clue. wink.png

As for the Jock bit? I had my moments when in England. I had to confront one particular guy until he stopped calling me Jock for a start.

It took him a while to accept that his "banter" was annoying the hell out of me.

TBH I saw no real problems in all my years down there.

Probably because I mixed in higher social circles than you.

I'm guessing about that last part.

Am I right?

Am I am I am I?

Eddie Izzard's 'Hannibal and his elephants' routine? ... 'fcuking elephants! Get off my roof!'.

Check yourself in Eddie. Get help son.

Are you and the others on this thread being intentionally thick?

I'm talking about grown men screaming abuse at other human beings at the top of their voices during a football match and you're quoting Eddie Izzard?

I'm talking about grown men screaming abuse at other human beings at the top of their voices during a football match and you're quoting Eddie Izzard?

Was there a class you attended whereby you were trained in pomposity, self-righteousness and ill-deserved grandiosity, or do such things come naturally to you?

You really are embarrassing yourself with this behaviour, to be honest. Your assumptions about Bluto's social circle, or Pozbaird's intelligence levels are frankly unnecessary.

Maybe its just me, but I find your behaviour much more offensive than a wee sweary at the football.

But that's not what the thread is about - this incident was a million miles away from the scenario you are painting. It was a single use swear word as a rection to a particular incident. Not a constant torrent of vile abuse which I too would not tollerate. You know those types exist in our support and so do I but that's EXACTLY who the stewards should have been targeting if a clampdown had been ordered but as with all things at SMP when it comes to stewarding the picked on the closest, poorest example they could find rather than the real culprits. It's akin to them wading in to Motherwell or ICT fans for nowt yet letting Septic do as they please.

I sit in W3 and there is a woman who sits directly in front of me, another just behind me and the guy to my right often beings his wee boy and there is another wee boy sits in the row behind about six seats away. I am very glad to say that the amount of swearing around me is minimal. A wee odd word here and there but on the whole the language is respectful of the company.

In the past I have had a wife and girlfriend (not at the same time :) ) stop going to the football with me due to the bad language. And that was in the Main Stand at Love Street. The Club lost the price of my (ex) wife's season ticket because of the language.

Often we try and compare football with other forms of entertainment however yo do not get folk shouting abuse at other forms of entertainment. A wee bit of respect for others is required.

On a side note there is often a TV camera at the half-way line and the mikes for the feed dangle just above the fans there. Maybe that is the reason for a clampdown at W3 / W4

Do you remember earlier in this thread, when I asked you to clarify, (in regard to having anger management issues), if you meant people who shout and swear like a machine gun for ninety minutes, or if you were also including people who simply shout out the odd sweary word?

Your reply was that we were all included, and were in denial. I am now merely querying if the likes of Eddie izzard, who uses more than a few sweary words, but is hardly Roy Chubby Brown, should also seek help with HIS obvious issues.

Clear?

Geez, I fkin love this forum. I would just hate to be in mid table with 10 who gives a f*ck or a sh!t games against some useless w4nk stain teams with fcked up fans due a sh!t home record.

You know I feel better, swearing is the fckin dogs b4llocks!!!!!!!

By the way Oakey, where in the good English language does it say you shouldn't swear, or that if you do swear, you need anger management?

Swearing has been a major part of the English language for centuries, as has blaspheming.................. so has every person who swears or has blasphemed, been in need of your perceived remedy of some "anger management"................... what a load of tosh.

Seriously - it's possible that this is a social class thing.

I might have grown up on a council estate but I don't live there now.

Neither have I taken the estate with me. I left the needless animal-like aggression behind me.

You are genuine comedy gold. A bit of a pompous, self aggrandising walloper but comedic value all the same and the real beauty of it is I actually believe its unconscious. You really don't know how much you amuse people. It's obviously a gift.

Proof positive that you can take the boy out of the council estate but you can't take th.......oh wait a minute!

In all seriousness though, the football fan experience has changed in the 28ish years that I've been a fan. Whilst Saints by and large remain mediocre with occasional brilliance, football in general has gone from being a male orientated spectator sport to much more of a family event.

Industrial language is part and parcel of everyday life, but the facts are to encourage new fans and youngsters into following our club this behaviour has had to change. The family stand has generally exemplary behaviour in this regard. I am not offended by others swearing but if I had taken kids to watch a game I would feel very differently.