No Swearing Now!

Was there a class you attended whereby you were trained in pomposity, self-righteousness and ill-deserved grandiosity, or do such things come naturally to you?

You really are embarrassing yourself with this behaviour, to be honest. Your assumptions about Bluto's social circle, or Pozbaird's intelligence levels are frankly unnecessary.

Maybe its just me, but I find your behaviour much more offensive than a wee sweary at the football.

Blimey you've not held back at all have you? lol.gif

Relax. It's a football forum. Stop taking everything so seriously.

And stop being offended on behalf of other people - it's cringeworthy.

Bluto and Poz are well capable of fighting their own corners and handing it out when they need to.

I'm sure they'll both survive.

Edited by oaksoft

I have zero anger management issues but swear occasionally. To say anyone who swears has anger management issues is miles wide of the mark. Put the amatuer psychology books down now - it's for your own good !

Yep, and to also pretty much suggest that anyone who swears is from a lower class is pretty laughable really!!

I sit in W3 and there is a woman who sits directly in front of me, another just behind me and the guy to my right often beings his wee boy and there is another wee boy sits in the row behind about six seats away. I am very glad to say that the amount of swearing around me is minimal. A wee odd word here and there but on the whole the language is respectful of the company.

In the past I have had a wife and girlfriend (not at the same time smile.png ) stop going to the football with me due to the bad language. And that was in the Main Stand at Love Street. The Club lost the price of my (ex) wife's season ticket because of the language.

Often we try and compare football with other forms of entertainment however yo do not get folk shouting abuse at other forms of entertainment. A wee bit of respect for others is required.

On a side note there is often a TV camera at the half-way line and the mikes for the feed dangle just above the fans there. Maybe that is the reason for a clampdown at W3 / W4

f**k it , I say . . f**k it. .

I'll let you two argue about it. jerry.gif

I think not. I prefer challenging conversations (coupled with humour) over challenging personalities.

Rick displays a surfeit of the latter and not enough of the former for me to be remotely interested in engaging with him.

Frankly I'd rather debate with a hamster.

Edited by oaksoft

I think not. I prefer challenging conversations (coupled with humour) over challenging personalities.

Rick displays a surfeit of the latter and not enough of the former for me to be remotely interested in engaging with him.

This tiny world of absolutes must be a lonely place to live Oaky, although it is undoubtedly the reason that you deign to associate with we mere mortals, when you could be hanging onto the coat tails of giants.

This tiny world of absolutes must be a lonely place to live Oaky, although it is undoubtedly the reason that you deign to associate with we mere mortals, when you could be hanging onto the coat tails of giants.

Perhaps he prefers a more definite outcome than debating with a person.

Frankly?

I think the hamster's in with a chance here!lol.gif

I think we should have some new words. Like .....

Cripes!

Crikey!

Goodness me!

Why, That's Fantastic!

... oh ... and ....

Jings! Crivvens! Help Ma Boab!

tongue.png

I've always been a fan of "In the name of the wee man!!". I'd like to see this make a comeback.

Who was the wee man incidentally? Was it an actual wee man, or just a hypothetical wee man?

I've always been a fan of "In the name of the wee man!!". I'd like to see this make a comeback.

Who was the wee man incidentally? Was it an actual wee man, or just a hypothetical wee man?

There were lots of them, lots of different wee men at the time. One in every town and village; different wee men for different industries and farms; different again for fitba matches and for other sports, the arts and even - especially - in Parliament.

The world was always better under Labour... just after they introduced the National Elf Service.

My Da's favourite saying, at least while he was within earshot of my Maw thumbup2.gif

There were lots of them, lots of different wee men at the time. One in every town and village; different wee men for different industries and farms; different again for fitba matches and for other sports, the arts and even - especially - in Parliament.

The world was always better under Labour... just after they introduced the National Elf Service.

Elf service? Is it the east end of lahndahn that you stay in? whistling.gif

Okay, so can we divert the topic from those currently afflicted (allegedly) with anger management issues and delight in the nostalgia of the insults and swearys of bygone days?

I recon our favourite old timer Tedious Tom will be able to provide a few?