Dougie Imrie

I'm surprised Goodwin didn't get booked for that.

I'm surprised Goodwin didn't get booked for that.

Don't know why there was boo's for Imrie he did not choose to leave he was shoved out of the door by a certain manager who got rid of a few players not through their choice. Also always like Imrie always gave 100%

Edited by fan4ever

He looked good on Saturday.

He looked good the few times I saw him on the pitch for Saints. I was disappointed it never seemed to gel.

A good, competitive player. I was glad he had some success with Accies.

But not on Saturday. :)

Edited by bluto

charlie Posted Yesterday, 21:16

I always found imrie a frustrating player- Always good against us, not that good with us - Why?

I think he was often played out of position and had competition for the position that suited him best.

I agree I liked him, but would also agree he could be frustrating.

Must admit seeing Goody kiss him like that made me wonder if there was a deep communal bath for the whole team like they used to have at Love Street. or would they both need a cold shower.

Imrie's days were numbered before he kicked a ball for us. I'm convinced that was a victory for the boo boys.

I don't really remember Imrie getting more abuse than anyone else when he was with us.

Certainly not at least until he scored his first league goal for us, nearly a year after signing, and proceeded to tell the celebrating St. Mirren fans to be quiet with a "Shhh!" gesture.

The main problem with him at St. Mirren was that when he got a chance in the first team, he was usually rubbish.

He was the wrong player (an attacking midfielder) to sign at a time when we needed a CH excl.png and a backup target man for Thommo excl.png more, presumably with the transfer fee and his wage we could've signed one of each. Our results & league position worsened after his arrival and did not improve until Kenny McLean returned from injury and Imrie was no longer a first pick.

A bottom six player who seems to be getting used a bit deeper this season (something I suggested 4 years ago spudnikconfounded.gif) and is to be congratulated on a good season after his sojurn with our smelly cousins down the road.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I don't really remember Imrie getting more abuse than anyone else when he was with us.

Certainly not at least until he scored his first league goal for us, nearly a year after signing, and proceeded to tell the celebrating St. Mirren fans to be quiet with a "Shhh!" gesture.

The main problem with him at St. Mirren was that when he got a chance in the first team, he was usually rubbish.

The main problem with Imrie, the pitch simply wasn't long enough. He needed another five yards to complete his runs and crosses. Apart from that, he didn't endear himself to the fans with , as was pointed out , the giruy after scoring. Seems it was a bit of a hate hate relationship we had going with Imrie, much as we do with 90% of our signinmgs tbh.

Dare I suggest, oh dear, he wisnae Saints minded enough for some ..........................whistling.gif

The main problem with Imrie, the pitch simply wasn't long enough. He needed another five yards to complete his runs and crosses. Apart from that, he didn't endear himself to the fans with , as was pointed out , the giruy after scoring. Seems it was a bit of a hate hate relationship we had going with Imrie, much as we do with 90% of our signinmgs tbh.

Dare I suggest, oh dear, he wisnae Saints minded enough for some ..........................whistling.gif

The GIRUY was deserved, aimed at the same guy who last season, when Kenny McLean was stepping up to take a penalty to put us 2-2 in the 3-2 Motherwell game, and shouted "ye better not f**kin miss this ya wee f**kin c**t"...

Imrie never got a fair chance, the same way that many of DL's signings didn't, he's a player who need's to be man managed.

The GIRUY was deserved, aimed at the same guy who last season, when Kenny McLean was stepping up to take a penalty to put us 2-2 in the 3-2 Motherwell game, and shouted "ye better not f**kin miss this ya wee f**kin c**t"...

Imrie never got a fair chance, the same way that many of DL's signings didn't, he's a player who need's to be man managed.

everybody needs to be man managed

Only Imrie knows why a player with obvious ability and experience needs special treatment in order for him to be cajoled into performing.

In most situations, there are several reasons why people don't perform. the most important ones to fix are in the hands of the individual themselves

Edited by beyond our ken

I always found imrie a frustrating player- Always good against us, not that good with us - Why?

Hey Mr Hebdo I may be able to assist here my forum chum, assist I may indeed.

1) He always played very well against our beloved team

2) He never seemed to play well when he did play for our beloved team.

And those are the main reason's why one may have found Mr Imrie to be somewhat frustrating, somewhat frustrating indeed.

Hey Mr Hebdo I may be able to assist here my forum chum, assist I may indeed.

1) He always played very well against our beloved team

2) He never seemed to play well when he did play for our beloved team.

And those are the main reason's why one may have found Mr Imrie to be somewhat frustrating, somewhat frustrating indeed.

At least you have something in common with Dougie. whistling.gif