Melissa Greener Concert In East Kilbride

BuddieinEK

Nashville based Folk-crooner Melissa Greener is about to embark on a European tour... with her only confirmed Scottish date being in East Kilbride on Friday April 17th.

The venue is a small intimate Café and only 70 tickets are available. Half are gone already.

If you are into acoustic gigs and are a fan of music, I can recommend this... only £6... a bargain.

Tickets are available from... errrrr.... ME!

Message me if you are interested.

http://www.melissagreener.com

I know she describes herself as a 'folk crooner' but that conjures up (IMHO) some sort of wooly cardigan wearing, finger-in-the-ear, bearded weirdy. She obviously isn't a bearded weirdy... A very talented singer-songwriter, and I have her three albums on my iPod, due to BuddieinEK introducing me to her music. Can't make the gig unfortunately due to a prior arrangement, but this from Wikipedia is a better description....

Melissa Greener is an American singer-songwriter who describes herself as a folk crooner.[2] She is based in Nashville, Tennessee.[3] She had been described as a "sassy singer, virtuoso guitarist, beguiling songwriter and an imposing stage presence" with an "original blend of quirky lyrics and distinctive voice".[4]

I concur.

Edit. BuddieinEK also introduced me to the wonderful sounds of Gandalf Murphy and the Slambovian Circus of Dreams... Now, they ARE bearded weirdies, but bloody good.

Edited by pozbaird

the lumpy bumpy cake is exceptionally good and highly recommended... although if you have it with a "special" hot chocolate expect a heart attack!!!

That reminds me, a few years back I wandered into a cake shop in Kilncadzow. A rare cake shop, rare indeed.

The man on duty in said cake shop said "today only all cakes are £1."

I said "smashing" (although in 1986 £1 was not cheap for a cake) and proceeded to have a look.

I made my choice "shopkeep, shopkeep, I will have that one"

The shopkeep placed the cake into a white paper bag and said "that will be £2 please sir".

Somewhat bemused I made the obvious statement "I thought all cakes were £1 today"

The shopkeep replied "ah but that's madeira cake!!!!"

Edited by TediousTom

• 4 weeks later...

That reminds me, a few years back I wandered into a cake shop in Kilncadzow. A rare cake shop, rare indeed.

The man on duty in said cake shop said "today only all cakes are £1."

I said "smashing" (although in 1986 £1 was not cheap for a cake) and proceeded to have a look.

I made my choice "shopkeep, shopkeep, I will have that one"

The shopkeep placed the cake into a white paper bag and said "that will be £2 please sir".

Somewhat bemused I made the obvious statement "I thought all cakes were £1 today"

The shopkeep replied "ah but that's madeira cake!!!!"

Sadly closed down now. One of my favourite bakers too