St Johnstone V St Mirren Premiership 21/3/15

shull

Dreadful performance and dreadful substitutions.

We were honking but we started the 2nd half ok and hooked Drayton straight after he missed the target with a decent effort. Had the ball been played into his stride instead of the usual slow pass slightly behind then he may have had a shot at goal from about 10 yards.

He should have stayed on the park with Gow getting the hook. Gow was dreadful.

Teale and Longwell, I'd show then the door on Monday morning and swiftly install someone with managerial experience until the end of the season. Still probably too late for that though.

I can see why appointing Teale but he should have been given or sent to find and experienced guy to work with, not the head of the Panda club.

Dreadful game, dreadful performance and dreadful result.

Absolutely horrible today. The body language from our supposed leader Thommohawk was very telling. I know he's not fit, but he didn't look up for it at all today. I know Goodwin could've defended better today, but he's one of the very few, that seems up for the fight. We are rotten to the core, from BoD, to management team, to players and we're now at rock bottom.

We should've started with Arquin(for Thomo)and Sadlier(for Gow) today and yet again Teale took off Dayton??

It's all immaterial anyway. Looking at my son sitting at the game today, I realised that he's only ever known us as a top flight team and he's going to have to get used to hugely reduced media coverage, an important connection with Saints, outside attending games, as we live so far away from Paisley.

When we go down, I think we will be there for a long time and might even struggle as we cut our cloth accordingly.

Obviously appointing Craig was a cost-cutting disgrace and the biggest factor in our current situation, but today was a big watershed moment. I can't see any way we can survive now, when with a bit more ambition, imagination and foresight from our BoD, it could all have been so different.

Jim Goodwin is the only one of this that can leave with his head high.

Terrible team to bring Mallan and McLear in too as well, but they have done their best.

The rest should be shot, starting with Tess, Kelly and Naismith. Ridgers and Kello too.

Tommy Craig is a c**t.

Absolutely horrible today. The body language from our supposed leader Thommohawk was very telling. I know he's not fit, but he didn't look up for it at all today. I know Goodwin could've defended better today, but he's one of the very few, that seems up for the fight. We are rotten to the core, from BoD, to management team, to players and we're now at rock bottom.

We should've started with Arquin(for Thomo)and Sadlier(for Gow) today and yet again Teale took off Dayton??

It's all immaterial anyway. Looking at my son sitting at the game today, I realised that he's only ever known us as a top flight team and he's going to have to get used to hugely reduced media coverage, an important connection with Saints, outside attending games, as we live so far away from Paisley.

When we go down, I think we will be there for a long time and might even struggle as we cut our cloth accordingly.

Obviously appointing Craig was a cost-cutting disgrace and the biggest factor in our current situation, but today was a big watershed moment. I can't see any way we can survive now, when with a bit more ambition, imagination and foresight from our BoD, it could all have been so different.

tommo was honking last week as well. Looked uninterested

Totaly agree. My son is the same gors to every game only knows st mirren as a top flight club looks forward to sportscene watches spl matches cause out rivals are involved . Plays his computer games with st mirren on them

This will all stop. It's these wee guys I feel for hoped so much he wouldn't suffer what I've suffered as a st mirren fan but now looks like he will suffer same fait as me with us being in championship for next 5-10 years

Yoann arquin had more of the ball and won more headers on his first 10 mins on the park than Thompson had all game, can't decide if it's lack of interest or he's just totally f**ked.

James dayton atleast looked like he was willing to take a player on and have a go, why he was taking off i'll never know

Sean Kelly was hopeless, tess and naismith not much better

Mcginn, mallan and gow tried atleast

No idea why Ridgers stayed on his line at first goal

Goodwin and genev were our best 2 players although that wouldn't be hard

Sitting trying to come up with anything to make myself believe we have a chance of staying up but I've got nothing, the games a bogey I'm afraid and it's going to be a long and bumpy ride

Went today, totally insipid performance, it certainly looked like we had no plan other than Ridgers shutting his eyes and blootering the ball as hard as he could.

Baffling subs and no obvious effort from the players.

Lucky to get away with 2-0.

I can't see where our next point will come from.

Radio Scotland pundits suggesting we should appoint an experienced manager right now who either takes over completely or is there to help Teale. Calderwood's name being mentioned. I reckon the only chance we have is by bringing in someone who does not know the players and chooses a team based on what he sees. Thommo should not be a first team pick at the moment. Sadlier and Arquin should be in and Sonupe on the bench at least. Would also bring back Cheesy to allow Goody to play in the middle of the park. But I do not think GT can see the wood for the trees at the moment.

I think in all honesty that it's probably too late now but getting someone in when we sacked Craig might have made all the difference. Nothing guaranteed but you only have to look at Hamilton to see what a difference a good manager makes over a poor one. Neil had them going to Darkhead looking for points, Canning is without a win in 11 I think.

Craig f**ked us but Teale has hardly helped the situation..............all lands at Gilmours door unfortunately.

It's amazing how a lot of these folk that come on here to rant and rave after a defeat, and at no other time, all have the same posting style. Typos and misspellings galore, bad punctuation, no proper sentences or paragraphs, etc.

If they didn't all have different aliases you might even think that they were all the one person. :whistle:

Genius idea...

Concentrate on the posters to avoid thinking about the actual football.

A kind of online opium!

Genius!!!

Pass the pipe... ...

I think in all honesty that it's probably too late now but getting someone in when we sacked Craig might have made all the difference. Nothing guaranteed but you only have to look at Hamilton to see what a difference a good manager makes over a poor one. Neil had them going to Darkhead looking for points, Canning is without a win in 11 I think.

Craig f**ked us but Teale has hardly helped the situation..............all lands at Gilmours door unfortunately.

Can't blame Gary Teale as he has stepped in and done what he can. He is certainly better than Craig.

Gilmour and the board are a joke however. Going on the radio and talking about getting a "wheeler dealer" who can turn the ship around, and then just ONCE AGAIN appointing the assistant manager and with only a few days left in the transfer window.

I'll keep getting behind the team but Gilmour and the board should be ashamed to show their faces at St Mirren park and its time the support makes that quite clear to them.

Well, that was really poor yesterday. Not for the first time this season we looked lost.

For almost the whole game it was hope and no belief we could get something.

St Johnstone are poor but we made them look reasonable.

A long cold miserable 90 minutes and a drive home that was spent talking about anything apart from St Mirren.

Hard to see us raise our game to get out of this mess, confidence looked long gone yesterday.

Never mind, surprise Celtic and it's game on.........................although I won't be betting on it.

Well, that was really poor yesterday. Not for the first time this season we looked lost.

A long cold miserable 90 minutes and a drive home that was spent talking about anything apart from St Mirren.

Hard to see us raise our game to get out of this mess, confidence looked long gone yesterday.

Never mind, surprise Celtic and it's game on.........................although I won't be betting on it.

lol.gif

Did you get me a Programme ?

No Season Ticket for me next season I will be picking and choosing my games , time to follow the example set by the Board, cost cutting.

Exactly , the bastards took the season ticket money under false pretenses last year , everyone should withhold it this summer till we see what direction the club is going in !

Exactly , the bastards took the season ticket money under false pretenses last year , everyone should withhold it this summer till we see what direction the club is going in !

False pretences

Did they promise us the Treble ?

Yes false pretences... remember, they got rid of Danny Lennon because Gilmour said

we should be challenging to make the top 6...

He then appoints Tommy Craig and cuts the budget lol.gif .... f**king chancer.

So is the Treble f*cked now ? lol.gif

Just watched the highlights and if Goodwin is one of our better players then we really are goosed. Pointing and blaming others when things go against you is a bad mix when you are in the poop. We need players who will take responsibility in a time of crisis. We don't appear to have that so therefore there is no chance of having any fight in the team. Our leaders are not leading on and off park it would seem. So sad to see us whimper our way down to the championship. These professionals should be playing for personal pride at least, that should be a given in every game not just in a relegation battle. We need players who hate losing, not ones who are used to it and accept it without as much as a thought to what it really means to them, us and the club in general.

Just watched the highlights and if Goodwin is one of our better players then we really are goosed. Pointing and blaming others when things go against you is a bad mix when you are in the poop. We need players who will take responsibility in a time of crisis. We don't appear to have that so therefore there is no chance of having any fight in the team. Our leaders are not leading on and off park it would seem. So sad to see us whimper our way down to the championship. These professionals should be playing for personal pride at least, that should be a given in every game not just in a relegation battle. We need players who hate losing, not ones who are used to it and accept it without as much as a thought to what it really means to them, us and the club in general.

To be fair Jim Goodwin has been doing a good job when others have all let the side down for most of the season.

We all know who the weakest players are and a clear out is required.