Should We Sack Gary Teal

Sack him and do what? There is no merit in the notion at all.

may as well let him have his head for the rest of the season and see where it goes. I don't think very many fans give proper credit to the fact that it takes years to become a good manager and probably a couple of extra years to be a good manager perrenially in the bottom half

the problem is the quality of player we have, which is really not the manager's fault

the problem is the quality of player we have, which is really not the manager's fault

Yeh. Its not as if he was assistant in the summer when we signed a load of dross. Its not as if it was his connections that brought us Callum Ball. Its not as if he had the winter transfer window to try and improve matters.

And as for the current assistant manager, a guy with no experience as a professional footballer, its not as if he was in charge of youth development for over a decade and the players he's brought through aren't up to the job. Its not as if he let go one of our best young prospects to end up at Kilmarnock and get it right up us in the last 2 meetings.

Hang on a minute....

What I will give Teale & Longwell however is that its not their fault that they are both clueless...

Answer to thread title :

No.

Whilst he was unlikely to be our saviour prior to his appointment and subsequently this has proved to be the case, I think more changes at the club this late in the season would not be beneficial.

There is something to play for in every game until the season end ( yes I know there has been all season ) but I quite like the fact we have another tense nervy end to the season with some twists and turns , fate will take its course,

The key thing is still to get behind the management and players/prayers *delete as appropriate :P

COYS !

Edited by whydowebother

Answer to thread title :

No.

Whilst he was unlikely to be our saviour prior to his appointment and subsequently this has proved to be the case, I think more changes at the club this late in the season would not be beneficial.

There is something to play for in every game until the season end ( yes I know there has been all season ) but I quite like the fact we have another tense nervy end to the season with some twists and turns , fate will take its course,

The key thing is still to get behind the management and players/prayers *delete as appropriate :P

COYS !

I don't really think we've got a 'nervy end to the season with some twists and turns' though. I think it's going to be a slow reality that we're the poorest team in the league and will finish where we deserve. I hate to admit it, but I just can't see us staying up now. I really hope I'm wrong, but I fear I'm not.

Answer to thread title :

No.

COYS !

Nah...id rather have the boring end of season run in with no threat of relegation post split.

Like the past 3 seasons for instance. Before the board f**ked everything up.

Sack the board is my preference.

I don't really think we've got a 'nervy end to the season with some twists and turns' though. I think it's going to be a slow reality that we're the poorest team in the league and will finish where we deserve. I hate to admit it, but I just can't see us staying up now. I really hope I'm wrong, but I fear I'm not.

That's a fair enough comment.

Obviously bottom line is , none of us know and you are correct it's been a steady decline so if we do go down it'll be deserved so to speak.

That said whilst we still have a chance , a think a nice little unexpected run of good results will happen in the remaining games.

COYS !

why not sack him not up to job he has to go

get danny back till end off season

only joking board made there bed let them lay in it

were stuck with wat we have

but we could bring in someone to help him with experience till end off season

no harm in that come on chairman ,,,, think out off the box

we have nothing to lose

No sense in sacking Teale and if we go down we all know what is going to happen, the budget will be cut even more and there will be another cheap option for manager. I have personaly not been to any games under GT but a few friends have and they all say the team is playing better with him in charge than under craig. So if we do go down let him take charge next year and if we stay up then get a spl proven manager in and let GT learn from them.

No sense in sacking Teale and if we go down we all know what is going to happen, the budget will be cut even more and there will be another cheap option for manager. I have personaly not been to any games under GT but a few friends have and they all say the team is playing better with him in charge than under craig. So if we do go down let him take charge next year and if we stay up then get a spl proven manager in and let GT learn from them.

I'd say it's just as important to get an experienced manager in if we get relegated to make sure we get back up

I'd say it's just as important to get an experienced manager in if we get relegated to make sure we get back up

we had a bad experience sticking by Coghlan for as long as we did, but that doesnt mean the baby goes out with the bath water every time we get in a managerial bind. Getting rid of DL was not the answer, sacking TC was only half the answer and ditching Teale will just smack of desperation. I don't see that the board will ever shell out for a more experienced (more expensive) manager in the next couple of years so we might as well stick with what we have and try to learn & grow along the way. I don't think we should be fooled, this club needs completely re-built and you don't do that by axeing managers every 6 months

Is Gary Teal the problem?

Hard to say but the board do appear to be ducking the issue.

Really?

I feel the Board have backed Gary by allowing him to improve the squad and paying the price by releasing what Teale thought was dead wood. Even to the extent of bringing in the central defender they seemed to have ignored previously.

If we go down it will not be GT's fault entirely. His record so far is far better than what went before.

GT is rolling out the standard managerial line of "we've just got to look after ourselves" but it's beyond that now. If RC and Motherwell can get more points in the next two fixtures then we'll be detached before we play them in the last two games before the split as I can't see us taking anything against St Johnstone or Celtic. We are then looking at needing to win 5 out of 7 I'd say to have any chance of staying up and 4 of those would need tobe the games games against RC and Motherwell. Who really thinks that is a possibility?