Aint This The Truth

I'd agree with that but even McPherson had problems dealing in the transfer market with limited resources with the likes of Mo Camara and Craig Fargo on his list of flops.

MacPherson was very unlucky with Dargo (with a 'd'). I remember posting on here before Dargo signed that he was the type of signing that would demonstrate the club's ambition. He had a great scoring record. We just got unlucky. There were obviously duds such as Tonet, but some you win etc.

MacPherson also signed the likes of Sutton, Adam, and Cuthbert. I wasn't his biggest fan, but his general dealings in the transfer market weren't too bad for the most part.

Edited by Drew

It seems this is the same approach being mooted for a potential fan takeover, that being doing the exact same thing with the same people all over again and hoping for a different result!

What's your solution then, Einstein? Frigging nothing has happened in three years to improve or even secure the club's future and when anyone at least suggests something, all you do is disagree and pour scorn on them. We don't seem to have a potential buyer, fan ownership might have its own difficulties but at least we can try. So, let's hear the somner9 solution. Or even Pityme's perfect answer. Should make riveting reading from the man who's never wrong.

Said it before, there are actually several Saints fans amongst the BBC Scotland sports team, not to mention a certain pundit, a certain presenter and a certain trackside radio/tv reporter. The subject of our failings and our board in particular has been discussed at great length for at least this season of not far beyond that.

I've clocked the guy David somebody (tall, dark hair, about 40?) in the family stand with his weans a couple of times. He often does BBC teatime news sports slot.

I've clocked the guy David somebody (tall, dark hair, about 40?) in the family stand with his weans a couple of times. He often does BBC teatime news sports slot.

David Currie.

I see him at the Dome with his son for coaching when I am there with the wee yin.

Quite often seen getting his messages at the Neilston Rd shops.

Quite often seen getting his messages at the Neilston Rd shops.

They stay not far from there near the RAH. Good Saints man he is, and taking the wee fella to the 'theatre of suffering' now too. Poor wee lad ! lol.gif

The article hits the nail on the head.

The Board has to take full responsibility for the mess we are in and yes you may say the journalist has peeked into this website to get a flavour of fan resentment, but what he has said is spot on and needs to be said in the public arena.

I'm on record as saying the Tesco deal was great, it was also lucky and in the great property dealings that are done, in its heyday supermarket deals weren't the most difficult deals to do, especially if Tesco (who were conspicuously absent from the town) wanted in. The deal however, which was helped through by the Council, did save the club and has given the enterprise a stable platform.

However I totally agree with other posters that Chick Young's sycophantic praising of the Board and their actions is nothing short of very poor journalism and populist crap into the bargain. Before he spouts off, he should read and digest Tom English's article.

So my next question: How do we get rid of this Board especially if no-one on this site believes for one second that £1.5m is the correct value?

This article is an excellent analysis of our current woes and rightly highlights the list of abysmal signings over several years. There seems little point to moaning about having no money when you have spent as badly as we have over several years.

Only thing I would disagree with is about the extent to which anyone blames Gary Teale. He must have had some input to last summers signings, particularly Calum Ball, but as someone who was at Motherwell the other night and stayed to the bitter end, there seemed to me to be a recognition that in terms of our current circumstances Gary is seen more as a victim rather than as a villain.

Yes , but you and several others on here have been in denial for years , while most of the realistic people (referred to by SG and others as knickerwetters) have been sitting waiting for it to happen , it was only a matter of time and in the medium term , at least , there will be no way back !

But other than that, like you, we haven't done anything about it and it wouldn't have changed the outcome. Being in denial meant we kept our knickers dry.

How you move the current incumbents along is quite simply organising the support to create a co-operative (cic), get the support to canvas the whole community into joining, including local businesses. Approach the Bod at the outset to leverage in their support, allow them to handover as job done, get a realistic deal agreed, use new rules to guarantee monthly subs giving Bod confidence it's sustainable. Many bumps on that road, so if you want to give it its best chance of success you as an absolute must ensure any significant players in previous bids are not involved this time round. Their credibility is in the gutter and half a dozen fans saying 'go on give it another go' won't wash with the majority who were let down and treated with so much contempt before.

It will be a hard enough task to motivate a support and community without having to constantly be on the back foot regarding the credibility of those fronting it up.

Look at the derision aimed at Chuckles Green by the very Orcs that collevtively sucked his boaby, every time he hints he's on his way back!

A new way, should mean just that! Not a hopeless exercise trying to prop up someone's negative credibility. The Bod saw this and removed a damaged director or two! to try and smooth the sale of the club along.

Have to hand it to Tom English, excellent article, hurting to read and the pain isn't over yet!

Teale gets the blame, just as Craig got the blame before him, but the real problem here is with Stewart Gilmour and his board and their awful decision-making both in the appointment of two managers who had been part of administrations that had already been deemed not good enough and also by their hapless work in the transfer market.

The powers-that-be at St Mirren saw the warning lights flashing a long time ago - or ought to have - and continued doing what they'd always done - the same thing over and over again while expecting a different outcome.

It's not nice to see a club relegated - as St Mirren surely will be - but that's what happens when those at the top fall asleep at the wheel.

How you move the current incumbents along is quite simply organising the support to create a co-operative (cic), get the support to canvas the whole community into joining, including local businesses. Approach the Bod at the outset to leverage in their support, allow them to handover as job done, get a realistic deal agreed, use new rules to guarantee monthly subs giving Bod confidence it's sustainable. Many bumps on that road, so if you want to give it its best chance of success you as an absolute must ensure any significant players in previous bids are not involved this time round. Their credibility is in the gutter and half a dozen fans saying 'go on give it another go' won't wash with the majority who were let down and treated with so much contempt before.

It will be a hard enough task to motivate a support and community without having to constantly be on the back foot regarding the credibility of those fronting it up.

Look at the derision aimed at Chuckles Green by the very Orcs that collevtively sucked his boaby, every time he hints he's on his way back!

A new way, should mean just that! Not a hopeless exercise trying to prop up someone's negative credibility. The Bod saw this and removed a damaged director or two! to try and smooth the sale of the club along.

Your love of hyperbole goes on and on. Some of your remarks must be damned near actionable. Care to name those you mean? We can guess. I was only reading B&W when much of 10,000 hours was going on and I wonder how many share your views. I know SMiSA stepped back but are they any more sanguine now that we are probably facing a crisis? The 5% or 10% figures mentioned before as being SMiSA's short term goal may be desirable but on its own it won't save the club if nothing else changes.

We need to protest against the board like these Birmingham Fans are planning.

CCKFquxUIAAiOnO.jpg

I can only imagine their club is in an offal state and they think their board is the wurst.

No no no, big Campbell will scoop them up and the poor buggers in corporate will be fed them next week !