Billy Davies. Involvement

Billy Davies isn't interested in managing the club, he's interested in owning the club.

Exactly my thoughts I've put previous posts but know that. Managing the club is not on his agenda. Genuinely believe he has a plan to buy club in a consortium And start from scratch with a football style similar to accies

With all the payoffs Billy Davies has had he must have a few bob kicking about the bank. With us falling into the Championship he could probably buy the club for less than a million come the summer if not for even less.

then it would be better for the fans to own the club. However you read this forum you wonder what kind of mess the club would get into with our fans

Davies comes across as a horrible bully of a manager, but he'd be quite clearly a step up compared to Teale.

If he's not interested at all in managing us, then who knows if he'd be better than Gilmour. I'd imagine there'd be some guys financing things behind the scenes & Davies would be the front man.

Davies comes across as a horrible bully of a manager, but he'd be quite clearly a step up compared to Teale.

If he's not interested at all in managing us, then who knows if he'd be better than Gilmour. I'd imagine there'd be some guys financing things behind the scenes & Davies would be the front man.

We could have done with a horrible bully of a manager since the cup win to be honest.

Seems to have been a lot of politics and back stabbing going on in that dressing room for far too long.

We could have done with a horrible bully of a manager since the cup win to be honest.

Was about to post that. Being 'nice' pervades our club. Let's be nasty bastards for a few seasons. Nobody likes us anyway and, you never know, in the (very) long run we might get some decisions our way and some transfers fees that aren't a total pisstake.

I thought Gilmour told you only last week that there is hee haw on the horizon?

He did mate.

I'm only putting 2+2 together. Davies was interested before, about 3 years ago.

No chance he would be interested in managing us. I imagine his salary requirements would be about half of our annual turnover !

He did mate.

I'm only putting 2+2 together. Davies was interested before, about 3 years ago.

No chance he would be interested in managing us. I imagine his salary requirements would be about half of our annual turnover !

They would.

But he also doesn't seem the kind of bloke who would invest a chunk of his cash in to a business, and then have a key part of it run by someone far inferior to him.

If he's investing his money, it would make sense for him also to invest his time.

I'm sure he's done well financially, but he's not Abramovich, or Fergie, so I doubt he'd put in a sizeable amount of money and not make sure he's going to get a good return for it.

From what I've heard, he's far from a Saints fan, so this will be purely a business decision.

Was part of a consortium a few years back that had talks to buy the club, deal broke down when he was offered the forest job for the second time and he took it.

Apparently when he was back at forest he refused to sign any player that wasn't represented by his Bro, showed an interest then expected them to change representation to get their move, fell out with alot of people due to this and was eventually sacked

I can see why people might think that about Billy Davies, but he's not. He's extremely hard, but fair, and doesn't (or certainly didn't) ask anybody to do anything in training that he wouldn't do himself plus a little bit more. He's extremely hard when it comes to his squad being at the absolute peak of physical fitness, and doesn't take kindly to excuses, but he's seldom in the wrong. Very good pass and move drills, and likes players to be direct.

If he came to the club he'd be a success.

Edit: To be fair though, he does swear more than any other human I've met in my lifetime!! :D

Edited by zurich_allan

Well if he was to be involved it would at least offer us a glimmer of hope. Hope that we may have a direction and that their maybe a plan to actually move this proud club forward. If not gilmour and co need to appoint an experienced manager to organise and to lead the team. Time for Gary and David to leave the managerial positions to someone who has been around . I do not want a novice gaffer of lower league boss. We have done that it didn't really work so let's get a guy with status who needs back in. It's a good set up and the club needs saved. If no new owner then jimmy calderwood would be a good shout. For the board to say that there was no outstanding candidate weeks ago is another pile of shite. They watched the team die and did nothing and that is the fact. They say it hurts they say its wrong to criticise them well I appreciate all they done but they are the reason were going down

Edited by norrie82

Billy Davies was asked to bring Derby County to Paisley for Shuggies testimonial . Billy jumped at the chance and brought a second tier Derby to Paisley and we beat them 1-0 . .

I felt he did the Club and Hugh a good turn there so , he might not be a fan but he did think enough about the Club to do something for us. .

Exactly my point. Davies. Would only ever manage rangers in scitland due to massive wage demands

He is a English championship manager. So. You'd think he'd be spending time watching ganes in England but no. He is at almost every one of our games. And added to fact. He sits next to george Campbell Abd Stuart gilmour. I'm convinced he's got sone sort if role lined up but def won't be a manager. I think more like director if football

holy shit ,we have went from lennon on a decent wage to tommy who was on half of what lennon was on to teale who is on less than tommy,and you have got a guy who wouldn't get out of bed for a job unless it paid half a million a year being a director of football at st Mirren,if this happens Gilmour must have won the euro lotto

I don't know much about Davies' managerial ability, but a mate who is a Forest fan said that they hated him down there. They reckon he was paranoid as f*ck, and didn't trust anyone at the club. Could you see him working with SG?

so we judge a guy on his managerial skills or on gossip I will go for the former. Would add if Billy Davies was going to be our manager he would have been appointed by now.

I can see why people might think that about Billy Davies, but he's not. He's extremely hard, but fair, and doesn't (or certainly didn't) ask anybody to do anything in training that he wouldn't do himself plus a little bit more. He's extremely hard when it comes to his squad being at the absolute peak of physical fitness, and doesn't take kindly to excuses, but he's seldom in the wrong. Very good pass and move drills, and likes players to be direct.

If he came to the club he'd be a success.

Edit: To be fair though, he does swear more than any other human I've met in my lifetime!! :D

Yeah, I did say it's the way he comes across, but fair enough - I don't know him personally.

I'm particularly thinking of him almost coming to blows with opposition managers, officials & players. His public persona really makes it hard to like him.

Obviously when he wins us the SPL in a few seasons time, my feelings on him will have changed dramatically :)

holy shit ,we have went from lennon on a decent wage to tommy who was on half of what lennon was on to teale who is on less than tommy,and you have got a guy who wouldn't get out of bed for a job unless it paid half a million a year being a director of football at st Mirren,if this happens Gilmour must have won the euro lotto

Div has cinfirmed that he is Intrested in buying out club. So. Hiw us that holy shit

so we judge a guy on his managerial skills or on gossip I will go for the former. Would add if Billy Davies was going to be our manager he would have been appointed by now.

I'm not judging him on anything. As I said, I know little about his abilities. I only passed on the opinion of some of the Forest fans.

• 2 weeks later...