Clear Out Or Keep

From Official site squad players on books, who would should we keep/ let go??

from this maybe 8 youngster in contract and maybe goodwin still on books??

12 Ridgers,Mark Keep

28 Kello,Marian Posted missing away

46 Wilks ????

2 Naismith, Jason keep in contract

3 Kelly,Sean keep in contract

6 Goodwin,Jim keep in contract ??? what contract does he have now, not sure I would keep him

52 Genev,Viktor probably away

22 Tesselaar,Jeroen away (his words)

30 Baird,Jack Keep not sure about contract

8 Yaqub,Mohammed been here to long without breaking through away

20 Williams,Mark no sure

19 Brown,Adam keep in contract ???

21 Teale,Gary ???? what contract does he have now

7 McGinn,John will be away but at least get compo 250-300k

8 Gow, Alan possibly keep but expect away

10 Sadlier ,Kieran keep if wants to stay

31 Mallan,Stephen keep in contract

32 McLear,Lewis keep in contract

34 Morgan,Lewis keep in contract

36 Cuddihy ????

11 Wylde,Gregg away

14 Reilly,Thomas ??? not sure when contract ends might do turn in championship

15 Arquin,Yoann away

9 Tompson,Steven away

25 Sonupe,Emmanuel Loan

17 Dayton, James loan

Players on books this year and already let go

Ball

Osborne

Cheesey

Caldwell

Marwood

Much as the OP says, priority must be getting in some experienced players including maybe a "no nonsense" centre-half.

The big question is does GT know the market we're gonna be operating in next season - bite the bullet and get in Steve Aitken.

Has Tess said he is leaving? He could be a big player for us in his best position as full back. I would also like to see Jason play at CH. Was that not his position when he was in the development side?

Current feeling is boot the lot of them apart from this years youngsters (Mallan, McLear, Morgan, Brown.)

Being more pragmatic a few more could do a job in the Championship. I think the main issue is to get a new manager in the mould of Terry Butcher who can find the currently posted missing heart and soul of the team. Spend a bit more on the manager & ditch a few of the journeymen.

However looking at that list, if I was the manager I would say keep Sadlier, Mallan, maybe Thompson, the rest can leave for free.

Looks like we will be depending on the youth set up next season unless some new money comes in , I think we should play the players we plan to keep in the remaining games this season and get them bedded in and maybe add a couple that can give the boys a lift , sadly of the current bunch there is not many who IMHO would do that job.

Has Tess said he is leaving? He could be a big player for us in his best position as full back. I would also like to see Jason play at CH. Was that not his position when he was in the development side?

I think Naismith would be great at Centre Half especially with a Tommy Turner Type alongside him.

I think Goodwin would be brilliant as a sweeper in a back 3. I'd also love to see Naismith in at centre back but we don't have another right back in the squad.Maybe try one of the youth players at right back.

I think that's maybe Jim Goodwin's only position now but I'm always nervous watching Saints play with 3 at the back.

It will be interesting to see what team turns out for St.Mirren over the next few weeks albeit I would retain Ridgers, not only for the our last few games in the Scottish Premiership but also in the championship.

In order to retain my confidence for St.Mirren to come back to the premiership hopefully we will have a new BOD,s and a new manager for the start of the 2015/16 season however I cannot see either happening, so like many a St.mirren supporter I,ll just have to hope and pray we manage to come back up.

Much as the OP says, priority must be getting in some experienced players including maybe a "no nonsense" centre-half.

The big question is does GT know the market we're gonna be operating in next season - bite the bullet and get in Steve Aitken.

my thoughts are if we hold on to Goodwin he will be our centre half

His positional sense is horrendous at times though, constantly ball watching.

Jims been a good servant but time for a fresh start for him somewhere else though i reckon, i think we will be looking to get him off the wage bill for next year.

Probably, he seems to have wanted to play in that position for the last two and a bit seasons but I don't reckon we ever been secure with him there.

Who knows, a division down and with a different partner or formation he might develop into a Tommy Turner/Andy Millen type leader............

Edited by Bud the Baker

His positional sense is horrendous at times though, constantly ball watching.

Jims been a good servant but time for a fresh start for him somewhere else though i reckon, i think we will be looking to get him off the wage bill for next year.

All speculation, but if his contract is structured so that he's taking a cut in wages then I'd keep him as he's likely to be our only remaining player with a bit of experience. At 33 and with his reputation (granted he seems to have toned it down a bit since his last clanger) I don't see him getting another SPFL gig.

Having said all that I suspect he'll be allowed to leave if another club does come in for him.

Would agree with that too. It's his natural position after all.

Same as Kelly, when we moved to a back 3 against Ross County I though he looked more at ease.

Agree with this. Have felt that since they came into the team both have had good spells but likewise both have contributed to the defensive issues.

I have always felt that both tend to defend while gravitating towards central defence and not coming out to meet any opponent on the wing. How many goals have we lost from unchallenged crosses.

However, I don't blame them. You can't ask the boys to become full backs without teaching them how to play the role. First priority being the stop the ball getting into the area. We did the same with Cheesy when he first came into the side. Haven't seen one of our young CHs who have the pace or nouse to play thr role properly.

If we can see the problem how can no-one in the technical area?

Give them a go in central defence and lets see how good they are. An experienced player beside them to help & guide would work for me.

Edited by Radar