Season Tickets

On a more serious tack than my inadequecies on the golf course using any brand of golf clubs.... I have no problem with the price. However, this ST renewal announcement comes only days after the BoD muddied already muddy waters with the managerial situation. Asking people to apply for Gary ateale's role and yet asking agary to apply again himself? The more I think about that, the more I need a lie down and a 'FFS' post.

The managerial situation is extremely unclear. The make up of next season's squad is even more unclear. There is zero indication if further big cutbacks are planned, we don't know the teams we will be facing yet either. Sure, we only go to see St Mirren, but will an ST see us have big games v Hibs and the Sports Direct Works XI, or will Queens pull off a comeback? I'm more interested in St Mirren though, so no idea about the manager, no idea about the players likely to be in the squad. No idea where we stand as a club - redundancies already for morevthsn two members of staff. Talk of English consortiums still being interested?

The BoDs communication with the support has been frankly a disgrace. I knew they wouldn't be tardy asking for ST renewals though....

So, it's blind faith time again, eh? And if you look for more information first, you could be accused of not backing the team when they need us? Fair enough. If you still frequent the forum though SGG - many of the players I watched this season clearly couldn't give a fcuk. Why should I? Until I have more thsn blind faith? How many of these useless cnuts are you planning to allow to wear our shirt again? Who will be in our manager's office? Whst kind of budget, to allow him to compete are you giving him? An explanation for the redundancies? Cost saving or is there something we should know?

Blind faith is OK, but come on, give us something more than knowing we love the shirt... You want out, what are your plans? Where will the leadership be to push us up?

Edited by pozbaird

The £285 I spent last year definitely didn't represent value for money. Apalling football and even worse cutomer service.

The club will have to do a whole lot better if they want me to part with £275 to watch them in the Championship.

If you have an under 12 you pay for, I do, that is £275.00 for 19 games if we get a home draw in either the League or Petrofac Cups.......£14.47 for parent and child is fantastic value in the West Stand. Looking forward to picking up my tickets tomorrow. For the record, I couldn't give a shite who the opposition is, I only support St Mirren.

The free cup game is a nice move, especially as it could hit the club. If, for arguments sake, 500 season ticket holders go to a cup game then the home club has to put in the equivalent of 500 x the gate price to the pot to be split between the two clubs. Probably explained that extremely badly but basically you get hit for season ticket holders going to cup games, which is why most teams stopped it.

The prize draw is a good thing to have as is the discounts, although I'm sure we used to do that.

The flip side is if we don't get a home draw in the cups you're looking at £275 for 18 home games in the Championship, which is more per game than £285 for 19 home games in the Premiership...

On a more serious tack than my inadequecies on the golf course using any brand of golf clubs.... I have no problem with the price. However, this ST renewal announcement comes only days after the BoD muddied already muddy waters with the managerial situation. Asking people to apply for Gary ateale's role and yet asking agary to apply again himself? The more I think about that, the more I need a lie down and a 'FFS' post.

The managerial situation is extremely unclear. The make up of next season's squad is even more unclear. There is zero indication if further big cutbacks are planned, we don't know the teams we will be facing yet either. Sure, we only go to see St Mirren, but will an ST see us have big games v Hibs and the Sports Direct Works XI, or will Queens pull off a comeback? I'm more interested in St Mirren though, so no idea about the manager, no idea about the players likely to be in the squad. No idea where we stand as a club - redundancies already for morevthsn two members of staff. Talk of English consortiums still being interested?

The BoDs communication with the support has been frankly a disgrace. I knew they wouldn't be tardy asking for ST renewals though....

So, it's blind faith time again, eh? And if you look for more information first, you could be accused of not backing the team when they need us? Fair enough. If you still frequent the forum though SGG - many of the players I watched this season clearly couldn't give a fcuk. Why should I? Until I have more thsn blind faith? How many of these useless cnuts are you planning to allow to wear our shirt again? Who will be in our manager's office? Whst kind of budget, to allow him to compete are you giving him? An explanation for the redundancies? Cost saving or is there something we should know?

Blind faith is OK, but come on, give us something more than knowing we love the shirt... You want out, what are your plans? Where will the leadership be to push us up?

Wow, here you are, have a 'oh FFS' along with erm, a like.rolleyes.gif

You managed to include in that post so many negatives and ass bustin angst around all that is wrong presently with the SMFC roundabout, and it aint Magic

I have a headache now

Just get it bought.

The £285 I spent last year definitely didn't represent value for money. Apalling football and even worse cutomer service.

The club will have to do a whole lot better if they want me to part with £275 to watch them in the Championship.

Let us know next May.

If you have an under 12 you pay for, I do, that is £275.00 for 19 games if we get a home draw in either the League or Petrofac Cups.......£14.47 for parent and child is fantastic value in the West Stand. Looking forward to picking up my tickets tomorrow. For the record, I couldn't give a shite who the opposition is, I only support St Mirren.

Well said Sir .

Totally agree.

COYS

The free cup game is a nice move, especially as it could hit the club. If, for arguments sake, 500 season ticket holders go to a cup game then the home club has to put in the equivalent of 500 x the gate price to the pot to be split between the two clubs. Probably explained that extremely badly but basically you get hit for season ticket holders going to cup games, which is why most teams stopped it.

The prize draw is a good thing to have as is the discounts, although I'm sure we used to do that.

The flip side is if we don't get a home draw in the cups you're looking at £275 for 18 home games in the Championship, which is more per game than £285 for 19 home games in the Premiership...

I cannot wait for the new Season.

First match at home in the Petrofac Cup.

Yippee

Renewing a ST, or committing to roll up at most home games is a bit like the SPL's ill fated attempt to bring in the 8x8x8 league structure, and a bag of Revels.... You just never know what you are going to get, even though you've paid for it.

Lets see which manager is appointed, and what sort of squad Gary Teale can then assemble.

Sums up how I feel. I will buy my usual 2 tickets but the BoD needs to make its mind up. Either behave like a community club and engage with the support or make it clear that it's your baw and we are all a bit of a pain in the arse in which case we will all drift off.

I think £275 for me and the boy to watch 19 games is great value to be honest.

Yes, this season was absolutely horrific, and I can't really say I enjoyed a single home game, but that's football for you.

There are never any guarantees of success but let's be honest, if any one of us was looking for a team that wins every week then we picked the wrong one !

I'll be renewing even before I know who the manager is, before I know who we will be playing and before I know who will be playing for us, just as long as someone guarantees me we won't be playing in that rancid kit again next season.

Onwards and upwards !

I was ripped off this season, I watch with interest to the management changes and appointments. I will renew if the club has learned from their mistakes and are trying to appoint a new progressive management team. However I'm not signing up for more of the same.

Does this mean I'm not a supporter?

Yes Feck off!flipa.gif

I've had a ticket for me and the wee fella for the last few years in the family stand. To be honest, last season has begun to put him off football altogether. The most appalling season I've ever had the misfortune to have to sit through.

I've been a fan of this club my whole life, supporting throught the good times and bad - been there, done that, time and again.

The way this current board have taken the cheap option time after time which then ends up costing them more, is uninspiring. The ethos of this board of replacing sacked manager with his failed assistant time after time, is infuriating and damaging. The apparent disinterest of the board this season when the team has been floundering has led to me having a "couldn't care less" attitude of my own while watching us slide out of the league with barely a whimper.

I'm certain we'll give the job of manager to Teale, or failing that to his assistant. I'm expecting us to bring in players who aren't good enough to help us avoid another relegation battle next season.

£14.47 per match, plus the obligatory kids box, pie and drink = around £20 per match. Me and the boy could go to the pictures every other Saturday and actually be entertained, actually come away feeling good and not him trying to keep up with me, walking away, swearing under my breath and in a bad mood for the rest of the weekend.

I have taken almost no enjoyment from any game I've been to this season, certainly at home. At this moment I can't see myself throwing more money down the drain, for the board to waste while desperately trying to sell the club. Certainly not in a lump sum by the end of the month.

I know the f**kers will reel me in though. Probably.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't their one less home game in the Championship then there is in the SPL. In which case adding the cup tie rather then cutting the price makes sense. It might also be an idea when we go back up to keep it in.

Most early round cup games are attended by less than a thousand and have a gate price of £10. Getting a better support in with the free game might be a positive and could pay for it self in terms of pies and bovril.

The fee is agreed with by the clubs so if the away supporters are charged £10 then the club will pay the away team a fiver for ever season ticket holder that turns up that could be as little as £2500 or as much as £10000.

Although you would think that if the opposition was of sufficient calibre to attract 2000 season ticket holder it would also attract a fair number of away fans and non ticket holders

It's almost prophetic from many on here and Pathetic from the board.

"We're really sorry and take the blame for this season but we are looking to the future so, geez yer dosh quick so we kin appoint Gary when it's too late fur ye tae dae anythin' aboot it!!!!!!!

I'll be looking for what's left of Ashdowns hat if we get an appointee before the early bird deadline.

Sure to take their time pondering before..... you guessed it.

Edited to add.

My grandson said to me the other day that, if Saints continue to fail, he's gonna start supporting Cellic.

Now THAT IS DEPRESSING!

Edited by stlucifer

You might be able to move seats over to the halfway line where you can recreate scenes of Love St when you used to bomb down the stairs and shout abuse at the linesman.

I did consider moving but I'll just stick with W2. Those running down the stairs days are gone, I only do that now if I am in a rush to get to the toilet. I'm no spring chicken mate !