St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

Derek Adams unfailingly comes across as quite an odd individual. I wouldn't want him anywhere near St Mirren.

I sat chatting to him at the SFA hall of fame awards several years ago and found him to be affable, charming and really interesting.

He seemed to implode at County and certainly got a lot of backs up, including mine... but the job je did with County in tbe Championship was absolutely stunning.

I don't think I could handle Reid and his football 'style'.

Reid and Style in the same sentence, that is a first and last.

I remember we played the Accies at home they took the lead after 5 minutes and parked the bus for the rest of the game.

I sat chatting to him at the SFA hall of fame awards several years ago and found him to be affable, charming and really interesting.

He seemed to implode at County and certainly got a lot of backs up, including mine... but the job je did with County in tbe Championship was absolutely stunning.

I spoke to him outside St.mirren park a couple of months ago, he seemed very decent when I spoke to him.

If St Mirren's next manager is Gary Teale, I will eat Paddy Ashdown's hat live on TV.

I think you'll find his name is Paddy Pantsdown.

And a bit off topic, but while I'm at it, I love the oft-repeated story amongst those in the know that he gave himself his nickname (which ain't really how it works) and was in fact known throughout his army career by his real, but less macho name, Jeremy.

Anyway to bring it back on topic, I don't think either Gary Teal or Paddy Pantsdown will be our next manager.

Gus probably wouldn't get it either but we will need someone realistic this time.

Edited by Barney63

Read the statement a few times now and think it says everything and at the same time nothing. We used to be indecisive but now we're not so sure.

When reading it you think its going to say 'good effort Gary, but cheerio' until a massive swerve at the end which just muddles the entire picture.

Probably six to eight weeks at least until resolved, what happens during this time?

Don't think anyone in charge of the club has any idea of what they are doing any more, everyone just wants out.

Talk about making it up as you go along........

Have BBC Scotland or STV mentioned our managerial situation in any of their sports bulletins today?

BBC Radio Shortbread referred to the statement and managerial situation in their sports bulletin around 4.45pm.

Danny as manager and wee anxious as his assistant to send the black and white army forum into meltdown!

That's ridiculous. I hope everyone on B&W Army will join me in wishing you farewell as Div closes your account, and throws it open to new aliases who wish to take your place........

....however, when he does, feel free to re-apply and it will be considered along with all of Dicko and Sid's applications.

Have BBC Scotland or STV mentioned our managerial situation in any of their sports bulletins today?

Was on STV at six. Said Teale would have to apply for post if he wants job along with other candidates.

Also supporters rep. whistling.gif was interviewed (Div).....Not for jobtongue.png

Edited by pod

Is this what our board are going to use to get people to part with their cash for season tickets? Every pre season they try to entice the support back with some false promise but really whoever takes charge will have zero budget and be forced to cut playing staff and wages

What false promises have they made?

With the clubs income being cut drastically over the past few years - and will be cut again next season - what alternative do you think there is to cutting our budget?