St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

He's taken Hamilton to higher in the league than we have managed for 25 years. Given that we're not gonna recruit a perfect manager, he'd do for me, too.

Fits the criteria surely? Experienced and brought through youth at Hamilton, sold players on for decent fee's. Exactly what the board are looking for.

A classic "Aye but...." post.

Brilliant.

Can't even enjoy 3 wins out of four without focussing on the negatives.

When we win we are marginally less shite than them.

When other teams win we are shite.

Either way it's negativity all the way.

Serious question - why the f**k do you even bother with football when it makes you feel like this?

Thing is, it's not so much about not enjoying those wins as it is about looking at the bigger picture.

Against the backdrop of being relegated, those wins are very bittersweet. Plus, as has been pointed out, in an ordinary season, you don't read too much into those scraped wins: you celebrate them along with every other win. But when you've been largely gash, you can surely see why people are finding it hard to believe that a few wins with the pressure off are a sign that things are getting better.

If we'd picked up three or four extra wins at any point earlier in the season - especially against our rivals - then we'd be going into this last game with something still to play for.

Honestly, I'm as positive as they come (apart from TopCat), but I can totally see why so many people just want a new appointment. In arguing the toss, I can accept that this does mean people are perhaps a bit harsh on Gary Teale (that's the internet for you), and the board didn't cover themselves in glory by taking so long to confirm he was the boss after he became caretaker.

Whether he's culpable, or a victim, is kind of immaterial - the fact is he's been given the best possible chance to audition for the job beyond the end of this season and he's really, really failed to take it/impress when it matters.

I've been struggling this past season with what's happened with the Tommy Craig fiasco, and the one thing that's kept my spirits up is the thought of a decent experienced manager coming in to sort this mess out.

But Billy Reid.... Of all the experienced managers available right now, I didn't think about this odious little rodent getting the gig. I can't say I'm happy if it's true but I suppose he fits the criteria.

Always thought his Hamilton team played football with a bit of zest.

Who knows plenty names floating about now roll on Firday

In Gus' last season with us, out of the 4 league games with Reid's Hamilton, there were 3 goals, including two 0-0 draws.

Reid-ball may be successful but it's dire to watch.

Edited by JM1

Unless we sign Sir Alex there is going to be a bitch-fest on here regardless of who is appointed.

Mourinho or Guardiola couldn't cut it at St mirren, nae money , young players , dissafected core support.

Anyone who turns this round could dcall themselves a manager.

So whoever it is, all we can hope for is that some of us back the guy , or girl

bye1.gif

As much as I don't like billy Reid he does fit the criteria , wasn't afraid to blood young players in a very successful 7 years at Hamilton where he brought in 5 million in transfer fees , we don't have to like the manager we just need a manager that can rebuild the club and I suppose he could .....

Edited by gazmc83

A classic "Aye but...." post.

Brilliant.

Can't even enjoy 3 wins out of four without focussing on the negatives.

When we win we are marginally less shite than them.

When other teams win we are shite.

Either way it's negativity all the way.

Serious question - why the f**k do you even bother with football when it makes you feel like this?

Yet another angry post.

Serious question - why the f**k do you even bother with this forum when it makes you feel like this?

I've never seen a boring promotion... If Reid gets us promoted, I'll be happy and I certainly won't be bored. He may not, of course, but I'd say there is a far higher chance of it than Teale getting us promoted.

Teale doesn't do promotion he does relegation. However we won a few games so that makes it OK in some people's eyes.

I knew there was another stat I missed. Cheers!

Some more...

When we won the league in 05/06 we were the lowest scoring champions ever

4 teams scored more than us that season

We failed to score in 9 games, ie a quarter of the campaign

Sorting out your defence can see you go a long way...

Edited by nosferatu