St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

How is it a ridiculous argument. Seriously. You claim Murray was a poor choice as St Mirren manager. He hasn't even started the job. Some may have fancied Teale, some may have fancied Adams, some may have fancied someone from Ireland who was shite in Scotland - all fair enough.

No, just the one and he's not a St.Mirren supporter, so his opinion doesn't count.

Whatever Ian Murray achieves, or not at St Mirren one thing is certain. We will not progress until this calamitous self serving board are gone!

The football yesterday was dire and it would challenge a Mourinho or SAF to get anything out of that lot.

The club as it is, and how its run and by whom is a massive turd, and you can't polish one of them without spreading shite all over the place, and sticking to everything.

Speak for yourself. I knew about Tom Hendrie when he was appointed St Mirren manager. I knew of his achievements at Berwick Rangers and I had seen his side play. I remember my initial comments on the official website forum being extremely positive about the change. Like others I hadn't called it. IIRC most, like me, were expecting Campbell Money to get the nod but I was pleasantly surprised when they went for Hendrie who I saw as an exciting and ambitious manager whose side I had witnessed play very attack minded football.

As for Lennon, I was also very aware of Lennon at the time of his appointment. He had already been running coaching classes within North Lanarkshire and was being very highly quoted by Community Coaches in the local area like Alan Taylor, Andy Smith and Stevie Hamilton.

Anyone sitting behind the Hendrie dugout during his reign could have called the Coughlin disaster. I certainly did. At the time I said again on the official forum that I couldn't understand why McPherson was being brought in as an Assistant and Coughlin was being promoted. I'd said if anything it should have been the other way round.

You're right about Dorman and Newton though - and Isma Goncalves for that matter. I'd never heard of any of them before they joined St Mirren and I haven't heard much about them since leaving either.

Goncalves has played in the Europa league since and ran Benfica's defence ragged in the league. Wouldn't say he's disappeared into oblivion!

Everyone deserves a chance. We gave Gus the job with no experience in management and a certain 34 year old in 74 with a little experience at a diddy club. Who knows how well we will do under Murray but at least give him a chance to actually begin the job. I am more positive now than I have been in a while. Big changes and no matter who is in our squad next season we are St Mirren.

Here's a wee thought for the trolls and serial moaning cunts, if you don't like the choice of management or anything else about the club then fair enough it's every individuals choice and their opinion. But stop constantly repeating the same old tired drivel on here with every post, if you dislike the club so much then f**k off and take your sad existence somewhere else and let the decent buddies enjoy some proper debate.

Well, I'm not. I rattled out a few facts and figures to debunk this myth you seem to be hellbent on perpetuating that Stephen Kenny is a great manager and the situation at Dunfermline was neither his doing or within any gaffer's remit to resolve.

And yet you seem to have completely ignored me and instead focused on folk you feel you wouldn't be out of your depth arguing with.

You're the Stephen Kenny of this forum. You do Ok against the small fish but you just can't make the step up in quality. lol.gif:

Some of us know exactly what he's doing and what he's all about but don't care because....... It's only a football forum... If Stuart and other forum users have multiple orgasms as they type their next "masterpiece" then who am i to deny them that pleasure....whistling.gif

That's where you're wrong and where Dickos problem lies.He does support St Mirren and,as much as he'd like to,he can't stop supporting St Mirren.He had to put a brave face on after his dressing down from SGG but like the rest of us........he is a BUD for life.

I know he does... and i know he's long been the biggest wind up merchant on all the St Mirren forums for years and been banned many times... i suppose he gets his kicks from it.... shouldn't deny him...clap2.gif

Dickson, does being able to say 'I told you so' to a bunch of people on the internet who already think you are an insufferable c**t really matter so much to you that you're prepared to spend such an inordinate amount of time repeating the same old bullshit over and over?

You are needlessly clogging up what should be a reasonably positive thread. You are adding nothing to the debate, and you don't even support St Mirren. Why not f**k off and bother some other team's fans?

We all know how you feel now. You've made your views abundantly clear. Now give us all a break and give it a f**king rest.

Dickson, does being able to say 'I told you so' to a bunch of people on the internet who already think you are an insufferable c**t really matter so much to you that you're prepared to spend such an inordinate amount of time repeating the same old bullshit over and over?

You are needlessly clogging up what should be a reasonably positive thread. You are adding nothing to the debate, and you don't even support St Mirren. Why not f**k off and bother some other team's fans?

We all know how you feel now. You've made your views abundantly clear. Now give us all a break and give it a f**king rest.

You do know he'll be slabbering with pleasure when he reads your post unsure.png

\What about fans who have done their coaching badges, sat through seminars on tactics and systems and how to counter them? Would they know more than a poor manager - or have you got to be an ex player to attain expert level - like Mourinho or Cathro or even David Longwell. :rolleyes:

Fair enough. But a pro is going to have knowledge and experience than an enthusiastic amateur. Some of the biggest fannies I've heard are the know alls who've done some basic coaching badges and think that they've become expert in the subject.

Fair enough. But a pro is going to have knowledge and experience than an enthusiastic amateur. Some of the biggest fannies I've heard are the know alls who've done some basic coaching badges and think that they've become expert in the subject.

True, and equally some of the biggest fannies I've encountered at juvenile level are ex pros with coaching badges.

As I've pointed out one of the top managers in the game had next to no experience of playing at professional level.

I've only skimmed the last few days on this thread but it'd be refreshing not to have Dicko trying to be controversial when we're all perfectly aware of how he gets his kicks. What a sad life. Pray for Stuart!

Put that fat tit on ignore.

He craves attention.

Seen thomo tonight parked up at the petrol station at millarston. Was on his phone. Maybe Murray asking him to be assistant

Nah, Fan Council meeting. Pssst. Thommo... petrol station, Millarston, 10pm. Wear a white tulip. Codeword 'player coach'...

Shhh.