St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

Stephen Kenny. As in the failed Pars manager Stephen Kenny? Definite lolz.

Yep, proven flop Stephen Kenny, sacked by teams such as Bohemians, Shamrock and Dunfermline, is who football expert Dicko thinks we should have appointed as manager. Oooffft!

Any football fan who describes a coach/manager as "tactically naive" is talking pish. These guys do coaching badges, understanding tactics, systems and how to counter them, is their job. Some will be better than others, but for any fan to think they know better is nonsense.

So now I'm Lord Pityme - who I've had many an argument with over 10000 Hours, and nosferatu who most who have identified who he is will remember was one of my biggest detractors both on here and more predominately on Pie and Bovril. It wasn't that long ago someone was saying you were one of my aliases too. To be honest it's sad to see you, a once witty, entertaining and relevant poster reduced to such a tired and worn out tactic. 1/10 rolleyes.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

As I've said - Murray is an uninspiring choice. He doesn't appear to fit the job description. He isn't someone who has developed youth talent to any degree at all; his track record as a manager also shows that he doesn't appear to have the tactical ability to organise his team to make them difficult to score against, or hard to beat; and the achievement that he appears to be getting praised for saw him end the season with no wins from the last six fixtures collecting only 1 point from a possible 18. The deed is done now. Murray will be a step up from Craig, but the fact that the club are in a position where they are appointing yet another cheap option having just last year let go of a more impressive manager in Danny Lennon speaks volumes for the lack of direction the club is showing.

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

Any football fan who describes a coach/manager as "tactically naive" is talking pish. These guys do coaching badges, understanding tactics, systems and how to counter them, is their job. Some will be better than others, but for any fan to think they know better is nonsense.

\What about fans who have done their coaching badges, sat through seminars on tactics and systems and how to counter them? Would they know more than a poor manager - or have you got to be an ex player to attain expert level - like Mourinho or Cathro or even David Longwell. :rolleyes:

Yep, proven flop Stephen Kenny, sacked by teams such as Bohemians, Shamrock and Dunfermline, is who football expert Dicko thinks we should have appointed as manager. Oooffft!

Stephen Kenny - win ratio

Team Nat From To Record G W D L Win % Longford Town 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png 1998 7 December 2001 157 63 54 40 40.12 Bohemians 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png 10 December 2001 27 July 2004 96 49 18 29 51.04 Derry City 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png 19 August 2004 2006 112 65 18 29 58.03 Dunfermline Athletic 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png 13 November 2006 4 December 2007 50 15 11 24 30.00 Derry City 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png 28 December 2007 24 December 2011 167 93 49 39 55.69 Shamrock Rovers 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png 27 December 2011 11 September 2012 37 19 6 12 51.35 Dundalk 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png 21 November 2012 Present 100 68 14 18

Ian Murray's win ratio

Team Nat From To Record G W D L Win % Dumbarton 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png November 2012 May 2015 108 41 15 52 37.96

Stephen Kenny's Honours

Ian Murray's Honours........erm.....stan.gif

Team Nat From To Record G W D L Win % Longford Town 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png 1998 7 December 2001 157 63 54 40 40.12 Bohemians 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png 10 December 2001 27 July 2004 96 49 18 29 51.04 Derry City 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png 19 August 2004 2006 112 65 18 29 58.03 Dunfermline Athletic 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png 13 November 2006 4 December 2007 50 15 11 24 30.00 Derry City 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png 28 December 2007 24 December 2011 167 93 49 39 55.69 Shamrock Rovers 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png 27 December 2011 11 September 2012 37 19 6 12 51.35 Dundalk 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png 21 November 2012 Present 100 68 14 18

Ian Murray's win ratio

Team Nat From To Record G W D L Win % Dumbarton 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png November 2012 May 2015 108 41 15 52 37.96

Stephen Kenny's Honours

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

Ian Murray's win ratio

Stephen Kenny's Honours

Since when was being a runner up an honour?

Anyway, your stats just show that the one time Kenny stepped out of the dismal Irish leagues he was a failure. No wonder no one in the English or Scottish leagues have touched him.

Proven flop Stephen Kenny's only time outside the Irish Diddy leagues ended in a dismal sacking. This is who Dicko thinks should have been our manager instead of a guy who has had Dumbarton punching well above their weight in the division we are now in.

Oh dear.

Since when was being a runner up an honour?

Anyway, your stats just show that the one time Kenny stepped out of the dismal Irish leagues he was a failure. No wonder no one in the English or Scottish leagues have touched him.

Ian Murray has had one job in Scotland. He took Dumbarton nowhere. He conceded 64 goals in his first full season, 79 in his second. He moves to St Mirren at a time when his club went backwards - 5th last year, 7th this season - and his team managed only 6 goals more than St Mirren despite playing in the league below.

We'll see over the course of the season who does better. However I have a funny feeling I'll be showing you Kenny winning his second successive league title with Dundalk, and you'll be calling for the St Mirren board to take action and to sack Ian Murray. :rolleyes:

Ian Murray has had one job in Scotland. He took Dumbarton nowhere. He conceded 64 goals in his first full season, 79 in his second. He moves to St Mirren at a time when his club went backwards - 5th last year, 7th this season - and his team managed only 6 goals more than St Mirren despite playing in the league below.

We'll see over the course of the season who does better. However I have a funny feeling I'll be showing you Kenny winning his second successive league title with Dundalk, and you'll be calling for the St Mirren board to take action and to sack Ian Murray. :rolleyes:

If Kenny wins every game 5-0 with Dundalk, what the actual fcuk has this got to do with St Mirren FC in Scotland's Championship?

Secondly, if an analysis of Dumbarton's results last season means we shouldn't have touched Murray with a bargepole as he's a dud, does this mean that any manager unfortunate enough to suffer a poor season shouldn't be considered for a job at another club?

I'm sure after this monumental success with Dundalk the big clubs will be queueing round the block to get Kenny in.

Actually, no they won't as he's a proven flop that nobody outside Ireland will touch with a bargepole now.

if he can take Dumbarton to a fifth place finish with prob the smallest budget in the championship we'd be delighted if he took us to 5th or 7th finish with one of the smallest budgets in the premiership.

So let's see what he can do with one of the more bigger budgets in the league.

If Kenny wins every game 5-0 with Dundalk, what the actual fcuk has this got to do with St Mirren FC in Scotland's Championship?

Secondly, if an analysis of Dumbarton's results last season means we shouldn't have touched Murray with a bargepole as he's a dud, does this mean that any manager unfortunate enough to suffer a poor season shouldn't be considered for a job at another club?

Murray didn't even have a bad season. He finished 7th in a league with much bigger clubs, ahead of two full timers and his team was the highest ranked part time club in the country. He had a brilliant season, as he did in the previous two.

Much better than Stephen Kenny at the same level when he was sacked for being dismally out his depth and sent back to the Irish league to see out the rest of his career.

Kenny has had one job in Scotland as well. He got relegated then sacked within 13 months. That's the only relevant comparison

Murray didn't even have a bad season. He finished 7th in a league with much bigger clubs, ahead of two full timers and his team was the highest ranked part time club in the country. He had a brilliant season, as he did in the previous two.

Much better than Stephen Kenny at the same level when he was sacked for being dismally out his depth and sent back to the Irish league to see out the rest of his career.

Agree. StuDick is good value as a forumster, but he's just being daft for the sake of it here to wind folk up. I fully expect a retort now which goes along the lines of 'Not at all, not at the wind-up, Kenny's results show....' - then he merely repeats the same irrelevant-to-St Mirren pish that he's already trotted out.

I'm bored this afternoon. I might research some managers in the Belgian or Latvian second tiers who had impressive results last season that show Ian Murray up to be the useless fanny he undoubtably is. Maybe look at the Norwegian second division too if I can be arsed.

Edited by pozbaird

That's not my argument Poz, it's that of others on here. Kenny didn't really have a poor year at Dunfermline. He turned around a shit side well adrift at the bottom of the SPL and he pulled them back in to contention. So much so that the Motherwell v St Mirren match on the last day of the season had two sets of supporters shitting themselves. Dunfermline also made it to the Scottish Cup Final under Kenny and qualified for the UEFA Cup as a result.

Norman, Foxbar and others think this makes Kenny a flop, it makes me a laughing stock and it provides some sort of defence for the board and their appointment. They are the ones who think that one bad season makes you a shit manager. Take it up with them. :rolleyes:

That's not my argument Poz, it's that of others on here. Kenny didn't really have a poor year at Dunfermline. He turned around a shit side well adrift at the bottom of the SPL and he pulled them back in to contention. So much so that the Motherwell v St Mirren match on the last day of the season had two sets of supporters shitting themselves. Dunfermline also made it to the Scottish Cup Final under Kenny and qualified for the UEFA Cup as a result.

Norman, Foxbar and others think this makes Kenny a flop, it makes me a laughing stock and it provides some sort of defence for the board and their appointment. They are the ones who think that one bad season makes you a shit manager. Take it up with them. :rolleyes:

That Stephen Kenny was totally out his depth at Dunfermline, flopped and got sacked isn't opinion, it's fact. That's why everyone is laughing at you.

That Stephen Kenny was totally out his depth at Dunfermline, flopped and got sacked isn't opinion, it's fact. That's why everyone is laughing at you.

Alex Ferguson would have struggled to keep Dunfermline from imploding at that time. Indeed Kenny's previous and subsequent record of achievement compares with Alex Ferguson. Ian Murray......well he's just shit. :rolleyes:

The Irish have their own football league? Well there you go - you learn something every day.

I see the 2014 champions of the whole country had an average attendance of nearly the same as Scottish Championship sides Queen of the South & Livingston or even Scottish League One outfit Dunfermline Athletic. That's impressive stuff! Especially from a country with almost the same population as Scotland.

Clearly a player to look out for is Chris Fagan - top scorer in the whole Premier Division last season who unfortunately wasn't deemed good enough for Hamilton Accies earlier in his career. Bet they feel silly now!

The current top goalscorer, Richie Towell, is another player who played in Scotland, scoring an impressive 1 goal for Hibs in 30 league appearances (a goal every 2700 minutes - watch out Messi!). I'd recommend betting on him to win the European Golden Shoe award this year if he keeps this form up.

Well done guys. Keep it up you crazy Irish japesters.