Smisa Survey

BLF

Funny how SMISA was against fan ownership when Mr Atkinson was trying for it, Double standards

Completely wrong Gary, and the worst thing about that is - you know it is wrong. As for double standards try - " I represent the fans and have seen the new kit design, BUT I am not telling you what it is like"

And why put your post in bold type ?

Edited by buddiecat

Completely wrong Gary, and the worst thing about that is - you know it is wrong. As for double standards try - " I represent the fans and have seen the new kit design, BUT I am not telling you what it is like"

And why put your post in bold type ?

Now if you had put a post like that & highlighted it in bold to insinuate you are 100% correct in your pronouncement , yet several people have stated that this was NOT the case, would you not want to come back on & back up your claim or perhaps admit you may have got it wrong ? ...... or perhaps there may be a wee teenie agenda going on that we`re not privvy too ?!?

Now if you had put a post like that & highlighted it in bold to insinuate you are 100% correct in your pronouncement , yet several people have stated that this was NOT the case, would you not want to come back on & back up your claim or perhaps admit you may have got it wrong ? ...... or perhaps there may be a wee teenie agenda going on that we`re not privvy too ?!?

The only person with an agenda (and who has not backed up his claims) is SPS. I do not know what he has against SMiSA, but I can only assume it is personal. He has previously stated that SMiSA do not provide funding to SMFC, despite the well publicised interest free £50k loan to help fund the dome - which has now been repaid to SMiSA. The dome earns income for the club and is a vital resource for the playing staff (as per the statement of thanks from the board on the official site) also some equipment for the academy is bought and paid for solely by SMiSA, such as a subscription to drop box visual training aids, 40 new balls recently purchased etc, etc,

The only person with an agenda (and who has not backed up his claims) is SPS. I do not know what he has against SMiSA, but I can only assume it is personal. He has previously stated that SMiSA do not provide funding to SMFC, despite the well publicised interest free £50k loan to help fund the dome - which has now been repaid to SMiSA. The dome earns income for the club and is a vital resource for the playing staff (as per the statement of thanks from the board on the official site) also some equipment for the academy is bought and paid for solely by SMiSA, such as a subscription to drop box visual training aids, 40 new balls recently purchased etc, etc,

You misunderstood Buddiecat , my reference was to SPS post, not yours. I dont know what has happened between him & SMISA but he certainly bears a grudge !!

You misunderstood Buddiecat , my reference was to SPS post, not yours. I dont know what has happened between him & SMISA but he certainly bears a grudge !!

No I didn't misunderstand, I got your point, and gave it a like, I was just adding to your comment to emphasise the fact he has not and cannot back up his bold statement.

SMiSA have invested over £100,000 in the club. Directly via purchase of 3877 shares - indirectly via fund raising for Youth Development and the much publicised "Towel-Gate" which Dicko took great offence about.

For many years the club "budgeted" for Saints Aid to support Youth Development.

Personally I don't think SPS has an agenda - I just think he is misinformed on this issue of SMiSA who supported the initial version of 10000Hours.

Good post, I cannot see any reason for an agenda.

Saints Aid was organised by the club this year.

Edited by buddiecat

Simply getting a fan onto the BoD if s/he is totally constrained by confidentiality is worthless - I'm not advocating that we be told everything just that the fan's representative isn't isolated & simply outvoted at every turn.

When Dundee went into their second administration there was a lot of bickering on this issue & what more should have been done but the POV from their Fan's Committee was that their hands were tied.

Not much point either in having a fan's representative on the Board if the Consortium remain in control of over 50% of the shares, however, these issues aside, in principle I'm up for it.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Simply getting a fan onto the BoD if s/he is totally constrained by confidentiality is worthless - I'm not advocating that we be told everything just that the fan's representative isn't isolated & simply outvoted at every turn.
When Dundee went into their second administration there was a lot of bickering on this issue & what more should have been done but the POV from their Fan's Committee was that their hands were tied.
Not much point either in having a fan's representative on the Board if the Consortium remain in control of over 50% of the shares, however, these issues aside, in principle I'm up for it.

Glad your up for it, get some of your friends up for it too, the more we have the higher percentage of shares we can negotiate for, the survey is all about finding out just how many would be willing to subscribe, only then can we look at where we go from there.

If enough people show intent, we may get enough to buy a majority share in the club, only time and the backing of fans will tell.

Get as many fans as you can to complete the survey and we get a better picture of what we can achieve, there is no committment in filling out the survey, but we would ask that people be genuine about how much they can subscribe and also be willing to commit the amount stated if and when we have a plan to go with.

Time to plug the survey again. It is a very important way of determining the potential for meaningful representation of fans on the BOD, it can also show the potential for fans to own a majority share.

We need more fans to fill out genuine responses on the survey, it has been encouraging to see the amount of people who have already taken the survey and i would ask that if you or anyone you know has not done so then please do, and ask anyone you know to do it to also.

The survey runs for another week, tick-tock. COYSF

Hi all - we've had a fantastic response to the survey so far, thank you to everyone who has contributed - If you haven't completed it yet, you have until the end of the week to do so. We would really like to get as much input as possible so if you are able to please share your thoughts!

Encouraging results on the survey so far, massive thanks to those who have completed the survey.

Can I please just ask that if you have not completed the survey, then please do so ASAP,

If you support fan ownership then go on, do the survey. You are not committing to pay anything at the moment, but I would ask that if you can potentially afford to subscribe to any share purchase, then please do the survey.

I personally have no doubt that the future success of SMFC is in the hands of us the fans. More than a thousand fans committed to the 10,000 hours proposal, this new proposal has the potential to be a more successful one than that proposal, mainly because we will all be genuinely saints fans in control of our clubs future, no businesses will profit from this proposal ( apart from if you do own a business and buy into our proposal, you could have your business promoted, e.g. we encourage all saints fans to eat at your place, drink in your place, buy our goods from your place, because after all you have contributed to our dream.)

It really is a no-brainer if you genuinely have one wee bit of your heart that will forever be Saint Mirren, wear it on your sleeve.

Edited by buddiecat

Encouraging results on the survey so far, massive thanks to those who have completed the survey.

Can I please just ask that if you have not completed the survey, then please do so ASAP,

If you support fan ownership then go on, do the survey. You are not committing to pay anything at the moment, but I would ask that if you can afford £2 a month upwards then please do the survey.

I personally have no doubt that the future success of SMFC is in the hands of us the fans. More than a thousand fans committed to the 10,000 hours proposal, this new proposal has the potential to be a more successful one than that proposal, mainly because we will all be genuinely saints fans in control of our clubs future, no businesses will profit from this proposal ( apart from if you do own a business and buy into our proposal, you can be assured we will promote your business, e.g. we encourage all saints fans to eat at your place, drink in your place, buy our goods from your place, because after all you have contributed to our dream.)

It really is a no-brainer if you genuinely have one wee bit of your heart that will forever be Saint Mirren, wear it on your sleeve.

And do you know that you do not need to commit to any direct debit or standing order to be part of this, you can simply give a donation to SMiSA. every month by Stopping buying the daily old firm for 7 days a month, put the cash saved into SMiSA - you then have the chance to become part of our future success.

Give what you can and watch us take ownership and rightly feel proud of what you have done.

Heartfelt plea over.

The survey will close this week.

I must add that the survey is method of gauging the potential for fan ownership, no bids have been made or will be made unless we get a good response.

Thanks.

Edited by buddiecat