Jim Goodwin To Sign For Motherwell

Not being funny but I wouldn't mind ... proper clear out ... Jim Goodwin can be a liability at times ... all be it he has his games but I wouldn't be overly bothered if he was let go for new younger players to come in... or ... to keep other players

Yes, but feel Jim is past his best and maybe he could do a job at a lower level. Just my own view and would live Jim to prove me wrong.

Are you telling me all this relegation talk was just a bad dream... that's a relief..

Considering he was one of our better player's at a HIGHER level, I think he'll do

just fine..

Edited by scrappy coco

I heard he was offered the assistant managers job with a championship team ( scottish ) .

As far as I know , he's knocked it back .

We need a holding experienced tough cookie in the middle of the park its vital to have that in a young inexperienced team.

We could not go out and find a player like Jim Goodwin.

He might make mistakes but I for one have seen more good in Jim than bad.

Ooo er, thought I should have maybe elaborated on that a bit, aye - she'll be fine!

I just think he could be an absolute rock in the championship.

Ooo er...

Not think mate, he would be im sure Saints fans from the past ( most of us ) remember how important it is to have a holding experienced midfield player in the lower league with a young team , the fact Jim is a bit of a bulldog all the better. Murray just needs to make sure he has acceptable back up. Jim would be my Captain in the championship.

Also feel Jim has more to offer on the park than Mr God Thompson who for me is finished. However would love to see Thompson kept on at the club who would be a good coach and number two.

I know that no-one knows what is hapening with Goodwin yet but if he were to go it might not be a bad thing. It's all about opinions but i think he's done as a player and as i said on another thread he might spit the dummy if Thommo gets a coaching job.

Your right it's all about opinions, and yours is pure bollocks,

"Spit the dummy" you mean like Thommo did last season... great idea

At the very least Goodwin put in some decent shifts and deserves to see out the rest of

his contract, as for Thommo after his half hearted performances in the year of the petted

lip deserves a coaching role.... FFS geez a break..

I too think he's worth keeping. I have a feeling, due to the lesser expectations of "silky football" in the lower league Jim might escape the excessive attentions referees gave him in the top flight. (Assuming there WAS no agenda by the match officials of course. whistling.gif )

I think it's time for a fresh start .

I don't see the point in binning Teale , if we are going to hold onto Goodwin and Thomo .

Surely they are as much to blame for relegation , if not more , than Teale .

Your right it's all about opinions, and yours is pure bollocks,

"Spit the dummy" you mean like Thommo did last season... great idea

At the very least Goodwin put in some decent shifts and deserves to see out the rest of

his contract, as for Thommo after his half hearted performances in the year of the petted

lip deserves a coaching role.... FFS geez a break..

Well see my opinion it will probably be the same as the manager's as regards Thommo. As for my opinion being bollocks, aye ok1eye.gif As for Goodwin... he's past his best and if that's the best we can do then we will struggle next season.....

Goodwin was outstanding v celtic on April 3rd which was two months ago. I suspect jim.could cope with the championship no bother. As for some on here if you think we are suddenly going to be singing top players better than jim ur deluded. Let's look at jim and yes he has flaws but he is a strong strong player who is crucial to our young team. Look at the rest of the squad from last year and other than two or three nobody did anything. Stop discriminating due to age and start realise were down and we won't be signing anyone of any great note. Jim has to stay

Goodwin was outstanding v celtic on April 3rd which was two months ago. I suspect jim.could cope with the championship no bother. As for some on here if you think we are suddenly going to be singing top players better than jim ur deluded. Let's look at jim and yes he has flaws but he is a strong strong player who is crucial to our young team. Look at the rest of the squad from last year and other than two or three nobody did anything. Stop discriminating due to age and start realise were down and we won't be signing anyone of any great note. Jim has to stay

Ah see that's where you're wrong, i want Thommo kept because i think he's got one good season left in him and he's older than Goodwin. I'm basing my opinion on watching Goodwin's gradual decline as a player over the last 2 seasons. It's up to Murray at the end of the day so nothing said on here makes a blind bit of difference. Hearts didn't go out and spend money on top players they went down the youth route and brought in some experienced players to help them along, that's the route we should take. Murray knows this division, I'm sure he'll have some players in mind that won't break the bank.