John Mcginn Sues Saints

One way to engineer a move. WTF. Anybody read it?

John McGinn has moved to take legal action against St Mirren after the training ground accident that left the midfielder with a punctured thigh from a sharp pole thrown by striker Steven Thompson as a prank. (Sun On Sunday, print edition)

One way to engineer a move. WTF. Anybody read it?

John McGinn has moved to take legal action against St Mirren after the training ground accident that left the midfielder with a punctured thigh from a sharp pole thrown by striker Steven Thompson as a prank. (Sun On Sunday, print edition)

Totally out of proportion. If you had an accident at work, you'd claim compensation as well. That's why St. Mirren, as a business, pay insurance premiums every year. It won't hit us financially.

maybe we should (fans) sue him for playing crap all season but picking up a wage

quicker he goes and we get cash for him the better .played a few good games and he thinks

hes all that ,remember what happened to his brother , learn your trade and shut up .

I think he's probably quite right tbh. If something along those lines happened to me or anyone else for that matter, you'd advise the same course of action be taken.

Brings to quite a sad end a dismal period for a guy whom, for a while was a fans favourite and a decent prospect, now , it's all up the air , and I'll venture that as far as Johm M is concerned, it's all the fault of a St Mirren spearing incident, irrespective of his dip in form months before the incident even happened.

Bye bye......

He has every right to claim.

Absolutely , I worked with a local company for several years , great company to work for. Didn't stop me making a claim against them when I broke my fingers in a broken machine magnet !

He has every right to claim.

Indeed he is.

When we live in a culture where insurance companies pester you to claim for non-existent injuries, an incident like this, which did result in actual injury, was always going to be claimed for, even though it appears to have had little bearing on his career.

I suppose it could be argued that by not playing in the last few games, he was denied the opportunity to "put himself in the shop window". However, most of us having seen him play this season, might have thought that him missing these games, might actually prove to be advantageous in this respect.

Also, how we react to this on here will have little or no bearing on whether he stays at the club. It will all boil to down to finance of some sort.

Don't see how he would win a case against St mirren How would they foresee a player throwing a post like a spear. What workplace regs have they breached. Not telling staff it is unacceptable to spear their colleagues? Have you been told this at work? No. He would have to sue Thompson!

All staff should undergo Health & Safety training and that training should be updated on a regular basis. Have St Mirren met their legal requirements? Was their H&S training appropriate? I do not know but there are several areas where the Club could be held responsible.

Nothing to do with St Mirren or Health and Safety.

McGinn should call the Police and demand Thommo be charged with assault.

If he wishes to go down that road.

He has been very badly advised.

All staff should undergo Health & Safety training and that training should be updated on a regular basis. Have St Mirren met their legal requirements? Was their H&S training appropriate? I do not know but there are several areas where the Club could be held responsible.

FFS