John Mcginn Sues Saints

McGinn is out of contract and free to sign for whichever club wants him.

The sticking point is that club would then be due us a fee, set by a tribunal, of at least around £250k.

Clubs will have noted he was bang average last season and - I surmise - is the type of character that sues his club for a mere training ground accident.

He is clearly not coming back to Love St and clubs are in no rush to pay for him - a promising career potentially ruined it would seem.

Ah well....

Good post sums it all up nicely.

Unfortunately he is a young lad who has had his head turned by a greedy lawyer. He doesn't see the bigger picture. What employer would pay over the odds for a young chap that was part of a really bad team that got relegated. Has an attitude to sue his club and not return for pre season assessment.

There are lots of players out of contract and the wee man might have made the biggest mistake of his short career.

I'm not that desperate for us to keep him tbh.

IMO he's been pretty poor for the best part of 2 years now, not really an attacking threat or done anything of note in a defensive midfield role & he's clearly not a wide midfielder either. He's got that 'spin around the ball' thing he does where there's a 50/50 chance he either flukes his way past an opponent or falls on his arse and that's... It really.

Plus a piss poor attitude to his employer it would appear.

McGinn failed to show for fitness assessment at the weekend.Murray described it as "A dangerous thing to do in terms of his career".

Pretty silly not turning up - I mean, what's the worst that could happen at training...

My advice to the lad....

Screw the nut, son. Forget about trying to wring a compensation payment out of the club that brought you to the point in your career where you have a national cup winners medal in your mammy's display cabinet, and get on with playing fitba.... for someone.

Then again, I am no lawyer. As such, my advice is underpinned by a degree of integrity, and should therefore be duly disregarded.

Would it not be the case that if his contract had expired and he has not yet signed a new one that he is technically no longer an employee of the club and would therefore not be protected by the clubs insurance? I should imagine that in the circumstances surrounding his absence from the team in the latter stages of the season, he would want to be protected by insurance!

Would it not be the case that if his contract had expired and he has not yet signed a new one that he is technically no longer an employee of the club and would therefore not be protected by the clubs insurance? I should imagine that in the circumstances surrounding his absence from the team in the latter stages of the season, he would want to be protected by insurance!

Not sure what you mean?

He was an employee when the accident happened so would have been covered.

Even now I would imagine all visitors to site would be covered by the insurance in the same way you and I would if we were getting a tour of the facility?

Not sure what you mean?

Even now I would imagine all visitors to site would be covered by the insurance in the same way you and I would if we were getting a tour of the facility?

Yes he would be covered by the insurance for the speargate incident, but if he is out of contract now, would he be covered for pre-season training as he now doesn't have a contract with the club?

Yes he would be covered by the insurance for the speargate incident, but if he is out of contract now, would he be covered for pre-season training as he now doesn't have a contract with the club?

It's probably not even as complicated as that. As out of contract player he would be mad to risk possible injury on the training field.

Surely that's his making.

if he is not undercontract or being paid then rather than being covered under the EL policy it is under the PL policy both normally get sold together as part of a Combined Liabilty package and are a legal requiremenet

Not sure what you mean?

Public Liability cover rather than Employees Liabilty cover

if he is not undercontract or being paid then rather than being covered under the EL policy it is under the PL policy both normally get sold together as part of a Combined Liabilty package and are a legal requiremenet

Now I understand 1eye.gif

Not sure what you mean?

Even now I would imagine all visitors to site would be covered by the insurance

It's good to know that Div has ensured we're all covered in the case of accidents or injury while we are posting on here but it does seem like Health and Safety gone mad.