John Mcginn Sues Saints

All staff should undergo Health & Safety training and that training should be updated on a regular basis. Have St Mirren met their legal requirements? Was their H&S training appropriate? I do not know but there are several areas where the Club could be held responsible.

I'm sure, like any other business, there are many areas where St Mirren could be held responsible. I'm thinking along the lines of the equipment Tommy Docherty uses for example. If a piece of machinery he uses is faulty and injures him, if someone gets an electric shock from a faulty generator, or whatever.

If a player decides to do Zulu impersonations fannying around and spears a team-mate through the thigh, then surely any claim should be between the individuals involved? In this case, John McGinn and Fatima Whitbread.

Step forward Zurich Allan...

Edited by pozbaird

Thommo will be squirming over this more than anyone. It's certainly going to affect McGinn's relationship between the club and Thommo. Hopefully we will get decent compensation for him and he moves on sharpish. Crap note to leave on though.

Moves on 'sharpish'.... I see what you did there. Maybe!

Thommo will be squirming over this more than anyone. It's certainly going to affect McGinn's relationship between the club and Thommo. Hopefully we will get decent compensation for him and he moves on sharpish. Crap note to leave on though.

Funny, I was wondering how this will affect relations with them also... Tbh, I would happily see MCGinn go, not as I dislike him, simply because he was awful last season (bar 2 games against Celtic) and as a team we looked better off without him!

Thommo has hee haw to worry about.

McGinn should have phoned the Police if he wanted to make something of it.

It is a prank gone wrong.

It's going nowhere.

Wonder who the lawyer is giving out all the ambulance chasing shit advice.

I thought I read somewhere that Thomo paid his wages or have him win bonus? I could be wrong, just thinking, if that were the case then he got a wage, win bonus....

i heard a few weeks ago that he refused Thommo's offer of the win bonus because of the legal action he was going to take against the club.

If a player decides to do Zulu impersonations fannying around and spears a team-mate through the thigh, then surely any claim should be between the individuals involved? In this case, John McGinn and Fatima Whitbread.

Probably something along the lines of injured by an employee of the club whilst on official club duties

Don't see how he would win a case against St mirren How would they foresee a player throwing a post like a spear. What workplace regs have they breached. Not telling staff it is unacceptable to spear their colleagues? Have you been told this at work? No. He would have to sue Thompson!

It's a discipline & workplace control issue and Saints are vicariously liable for the actions of employees whilst at work. if the spear-chucking was typical of training-ground pranksterism then i'm afraid it is something the club should have thought about and adressed before someone got hurt.

Individuals are also liable though and it could be that the action is deflected, partially or wholly, onto Thommo.

McGinn was at work and doing what he was paid for when he innocently and blamelessy suffered a potentially serious injury. He could suffer ill-effects from that for years to come and is right to look after his interests. He could have fully recovered already or the scar tissue, which can be much tougher and less pliable than the rest of him, could cause secondary tears and tightness at any time.

Is McGinn now fully fit? Does anyone know for sure?

If a mate injured me while fannying about then I may just accept it however if it happened at my work and cost me loads of money then sure I would sue those responsible (maybe nothing personal but I have a mortgage to pay). McGinn obviously has his reasons which I assume are trying to get away or the injury is more serious than we all think. But none of us knows the answer to that.

He is well within his rights to take action and criticism of him is out of order.

I also hope this draws a line under it and he stays... with full support.

Take action against who?

Why should it affect any relationship between club and player? I handle claims like this from time to time and the outcome is very often delivered with a smile and a handshake (though rarely an apology), especially when there has been real and proven harm to an employee who carries absolutely no blame. it would be immature, mean spirited and irresponsible of any employer to sour the relationship with someone who was a good employee affected in this way.

John Hillcoat took legal advice to get released from his contract when he was a junior player and was welcomed back to the club several years later. It will only be ill-informed supporters who think there is some disloyalty or acrimony here-everyone else will be business like and professional about the whole thing.

FFS, is the guy just meant to take something like that

The club will undoubtedly close this out with dignity and maturity, i wish some of the posters on here would do the same